Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Dump identifier (optional)
2021-01-07_16.09.55_b101c3c65300add10ad480f6214fef5f

Enrix

Recruit
Bought the game a couple of days ago. After downloading it I played it for 1 hour and then it started crashing and showing me this error:

"d3d_device_context_-> Map at rglGPU_device::lock_lock_textureFailed!The GPU device instance has been suspended. Use GetDeviceRemovedReason to determine the appropriate action."

After that I tried everything that was recommended in the "crash checklist" thread but nothing worked. I also tried turning off sharpening, vertical sync and limiting my framerate in the "NVIDIA control panel" but that also did not work. Then I installed the e1.5.6 beta version and that fixed the problem temporarily. I could play the game for about 13 hours and then it started to show that error screen again. Uninstalling and reinstalling also did not work.

The game crashes and shows that error screen every time I launch the game and get to the "display calibration" screen.

Computer specs(laptop):
windows 10
rtx 2060
i7-10750h
16 GB ram
1 TB ssd

Hi! Can you make sure you're using your GPU instead of the integrated one? Then please try it again after deleting the Shaders folder and verifying the game.
C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Shaders

Hi! Can you make sure you're using your GPU instead of the integrated one? Then please try it again after deleting the Shaders folder and verifying the game.
Yes I am using my GPU. In the NVIDIA control panel I forced bannerlords to use my GPU. Furthermore both the NVIDIA control panel display GPU Avtivity function and Task Manager show that I am using my rtx 2060. Deleting the shader folder and verifying did not help. It still crashes at the display calibration screen and shows that d3d device context error.

Sorry to hear that. Forwarded to the QA team for further investigation. I'll update this thread when I hear back from them.

On Nvidia GPU here too, Bannerlord v1.5.5 creates Same Error, sometimes on Campaign Map & other Scenes after hours or few minutes. At v1.5.4 & prior i had no such errors. Don't know & have no idea what was changed what forces this error all of the sudden.

maybe it have something to do with this

Dec 30, 2020
This problem should be fixed with the released patches since you have reported this issue. Are you still experiencing this issue?
seems fixed it but it appears for others now

Last edited:
Check these threads until real support gives feedback, even though some steps are quite obvious it might still help.

There are also some people saying that reinstalling the game also helped. Or lowering the settings. You can also try to go back a version of your driver which you think it was working fine.

Hello it has been a while. Just updated the game to version 1.5.7 but I still get the same error message. When I lower the settingst in the GeForce Experience to low I can actually get into the game and play for a few minutes but then it will still crash showing the same error message.
Has there been any news on hot to fix this problem?
If its any help here is a new crash dump indentifier of a custom battle that I tried to play in low settings:
2021-02-10_16.59.59_b101c3c65300add10ad480f6214fef5f

Hello, game still crashes and gives the same error in 1.6.0 version. It crashes while I was wandering around the map. I think it's definitely cause from free roam.
Sorry to hear that. Forwarded to the QA team for further investigation. I'll update this thread when I hear back from them.
"d3d_device_context_-> Map at rglGPU_device::lock_lock_textureFailed!The GPU device instance has been suspended. Use GetDeviceRemovedReason to determine the appropriate action."
Please help us!

Last edited:
Hello, game still crashes and gives the same error in 1.6.0 version. It crashes while I was wandering around the map. I think it's definitely cause from free roam.

Bought the game a couple of days ago. After downloading it I played it for 1 hour and then it started crashing and showing me this error:

After that I tried everything that was recommended in the "crash checklist" thread but nothing worked. I also tried turning off sharpening, vertical sync and limiting my framerate in the "NVIDIA control panel" but that also did not work. Then I installed the e1.5.6 beta version and that fixed the problem temporarily. I could play the game for about 13 hours and then it started to show that error screen again. Uninstalling and reinstalling also did not work.

The game crashes and shows that error screen every time I launch the game and get to the "display calibration" screen.

Computer specs(laptop):
windows 10
rtx 2060
i7-10750h
16 GB ram
1 TB ssd

Yes I am using my GPU. In the NVIDIA control panel I forced bannerlords to use my GPU. Furthermore both the NVIDIA control panel display GPU Avtivity function and Task Manager show that I am using my rtx 2060. Deleting the shader folder and verifying did not help. It still crashes at the display calibration screen and shows that d3d device context error.

Beside that error, it says this one too "Last Executed Marker: GBuffer Passes / RC: Main_map / Deferred Meshes" .

I have the same problem too. It occurred with Last update. At least can taleworlds say that when will it solve?

It has been nearly one week. still are they working or what? noone tell something about that issue.

Back
Top Bottom