D&D: Barbarians of Lemuria

Users who are viewing this thread

Flin Flon

Over the past couple of months I've been role-playing with my friends from college - it's been a lot of fun, so I was thinking about hosting a second game (different band of heroes in the same world) with my forum friends.

In terms of the time commitment, I was thinking maybe a ~3-hour session every other weekend? I've usually got a fair bit of flexibility on Saturdays and Sundays. I know that Curio and Sarado are on board, so ideally we'd be looking for 2-3 more players.

If anyone is interested, please let me know - if you're not sure for whatever reason, I'd always be happy to roll up a character with you and we can see if it works out!

For the record, you'll need discord and a microphone to chat, and also a free account on roll20. The game system that we're playing is Barbarians of Lemuria, which I think is relatively light-weight and easy to learn compared to DnD, so no need to have experience with the system beforehand.

dKD7KZG.png

fuonEdN.png

0nG81xC.png

izi0OmS.png

Last edited:
Most likely every other week on either Sat or Sun, anywhere between 13:00 and 18:00 +1UTC.

That's two maybes!

The setting will be either a grimdark homebrew campaign that I've built, inspired by The Witcher and the Berserk and Vinland mangas. OR I may pick up the Hoard of the Dargonqueen, which is an official DnD publication. Eventually, it depends on if there's a strong preference for either.

As far as my DMing goes I like dark fantasy and Lovecraftian themes, but I'm very liberal with wholesomeness, the rule of cool and overall anything that gets a laugh.

Imo, the strenth of DnD are the player relationships and chemistry they build along. Not being able to be in the physical presence of each other takes away a bit from that. Not being able to hear each other would take a bit more. Moreover, typing can get clunky when you need an immediate response when everyone is dependent on your next move in a particular situation. Being able to communicate vocally would really just be more convenient.

Crassius "Biggus Dickus" Curio said:
Hm sounds good, I'd probably play
Moose! said:
I would love to participate.
Woo!

Evvv said:
Do you plan on using dndbeyond to set the campaign up?
Aye, my friend is content sharing all the material, too.

Scuba Steve said:
Bummer, I would be interested but I run my own D&D game at that time. Hope everyone has fun though.
:sad:

I'm gonna put the cap on 6 players, guys. Any more is just really hard.

Ah, good :lol: I suppose that means I don't need to offer to content-share all of the material I totally didn't spend 400 dollars on the dndbeyond legendary **** on a whim

In terms of the setting, I prefer homebrew games (despite the added challenge and usual lack of polish, worldbuilding is just the tits), but I’d obviously be up for whatever!

Over the past couple of months I've been role-playing with my friends from college - it's been a lot of fun, so I was thinking about hosting a second game (different band of heroes in the same world) with my forum friends.

In terms of the time commitment, I was thinking maybe a ~3-hour session every other weekend? I've usually got a fair bit of flexibility on Saturdays and Sundays. I know that Curio and Sarado are on board, so ideally we'd be looking for 2-3 more players.

If anyone is interested, please let me know - if you're not sure for whatever reason, I'd always be happy to roll up a character with you and we can see if it works out!

For the record, you'll need discord and a microphone to chat, and also a free account on roll20. The game system that we're playing is Barbarians of Lemuria, which I think is relatively light-weight and easy to learn compared to DnD, so no need to have experience with the system beforehand.

dKD7KZG.png

fuonEdN.png

0nG81xC.png

izi0OmS.png

Last edited:
I would like to play, but I do have to work alternating weekends. With the amount of employees we have right now, it is one weekend shift every 4-5 weeks, so if I joined I would miss the occasional session. (Work at a hospital, so scheduling is chaotic at the moment.)

I would like to play, but I do have to work alternating weekends. With the amount of employees we have right now, it is one weekend shift every 4-5 weeks, so if I joined I would miss the occasional session. (Work at a hospital, so scheduling is chaotic at the moment.)

That would be totally fine on my end! I'll message you on discord with more details, and if you have to unexpectedly miss a game, that's no big deal - this is probably going to be more episodic adventuring than a grand plot with consistent characters.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom