Ḑ́͏͜͢e̶͏̨͠a̷҉t͞͠h̷̛͏̢ ͜͞S̴̨͠͏t̕͞ŕ̶́҉͢a̡͝n̸̨̕͢d̡́͜͞͠i̛̕͟n̶̵̛͘͢g̷͢

Users who are viewing this thread

Vermillion_Hawk said:
So there's a new trailer out and while there's still no hint as to what the hell the game is, the trailer is pretty great.

This looks incredible, graphics and sound effects (such as the noise made when handling that foetal container; it just sounds so real and gives you a strong impression of what sort of material it is made of) make it easy to forget you aren't watching a movie. I like the material of their suits too, they look like something that would be worn in reality today or in the near future. The imagination to create this weird, alien stuff is impressive, though I found it painfully confusing and a bit disturbing rather than entertaining (and one other thing, I hate the movie style grating, harsh music/sound effects that kick in from time to time when something momentous is occuring), and I can't imagine how actually playing the game could be nearly as impressive as simply watching the story play out.

Serpent Of Eden said:
The game take place in the realm of the dead.
Could make sense with the older trailer's old soldiers and such. Question is, why are Norman Reedus, Jim Sterling and the other astronauts carrying babies into the nether world?

I'm rather thinking that it's some sort of post-catastrophe dystopia. There's a logo that appears both on Guillermo del Toro's lapel, on the orange suits and on the door that floats by at a point when Norman is underwater. I paused the video to read it and it says "BRIDGES - United Cities of America", so my guess is dystopia.

Back
Top Bottom