Cyberpunk

Users who are viewing this thread

ICsYP.png

Transcribed text:

Do you like our latest creation? We certainly hope so :smile: Yo may remember that we sometimes send you guys secret messages like this. It's a great way for us to speak right to you instead of burying ourselves in corporate mumbo-jumbo so let's begin!

First of all - have you noticed all the details in our teaser (yes, it's a teaser. We'll make a proper trailer in the future)? If you know the Cyberpunk setting there are some things you can spot, like implants - look for the weapon hands and the real skin - corporate emblems that should look familiar and more. Happy hunting!

You're probably curious about the release date. It's currently scheduled a way off in 2015 but in truth the delivery date is more like "when it's done". We will release Cyberpunk to you when we're convinced it is nothing but pure, refined, unadulterated awesome. We want it to be the most kick ass futuristic RPG ever - OK, maybe this sounds pretty bully, but it is our actual goal! You judge if we deliver it!

Oh - and you may wonder why we announced our game so early before the release. The reason is that we're still building our dev team so if you are a talented dude or dudette willing to work in a really different company (gamers rule & boring corporate stuff drools!) on a super ambitious project, send us your application right now! [email protected]

So you want to know what kind of game Cyberpunk 2077 will be? The short description is that it will be a story-heavy, nonlinear, open world RPG based on the well known Cyberpunk pen&paper system and setting. Building open world games is something we are mastering right now and we believe that properly joining nonlinear gameplay with an excellent story telling will bring a totally new quality. Mmm... We'll tell some more about it soon!

And that's not all that's new. We are about the reveal our other project which is much closer to being completed and yes, it will also be a fully open-world game with an intense story. You can probably guess the game we're talking about :smile: On the 5th of February it will all be clear.

So stay tuned as we will have quite a lot to show and tell you soon!

We are waiting for you on our newly created forum called Afterlife - what other name could we have chosen for it?

CD Projekt RED Team

Twichers certainly aren't legendary games from purely gameplay POV. Or has everyone forgotten the tedium of running back and forth in Twitcher 1, plus the novelty of "timing" your attacks wore off very quickly.

However, I do trust them when it comes to aesthetics, atmosphere and story, so this could be AWESOME. Fingers crossed. The teaser was seriously magical. The poster in the window? Straight from CP2020 rulebook, it's Johnny Silverhand's girlfriend who gets trapped in the 'Net during the example scenario. Militech stamped on te C-SWAT's gun. Drool drool drool.

Oh well, Shadowrun Returns should be out by summer so I'll have something to tide me over until this comes out.

Sorry for the double-post but just editing my previous post wouldn't bump it.

Rampant Coyote analyzes the teaser very well:
http://rampantgames.com/blog/?p=5382

I really hope that if CDPR pulls Twitcher with us and forces us to play a determined character again, it's the cyber-psycho woman in the teaser and not the Manly McGruff with five'o'clock shadow. Playing a character with a nasty past, who has to juggle between reality and psychosis would be sweet! Well, if properly implemented. 2015 is so far!  :sad:

With a tabletop RPG system as base for the game, I'd assume they'll let us make our own characters, but who knows this early.

I don't believe it'll be any more "HC"-RPG than the Witcher 2 was, so it's mostly likely an ARPG/GTA-mixture. Of course, I might be completely off but Witcher with guns is probable. Since it wasn't that long ago when CDPR was in serious financial trouble, I don't think they can afford to create a second studio, so their main studio will work on this after they finish with the Twitcher spinoff and Twitcher 3 (2013 and 2014, respectively) - also meaning that it's unlikely that they will choose to walk upon unknown paths, so to speak, instead of doing what they know best.

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/44806/cyberpunk-2077-exclusive-interview
An interview with a CDred fella. From the last paragraph it seems like you won't be able to play as a physco ***** Jhess :sad:
"Cyberpunk 2077 will be an awesome game about a hero from the streets, from very dangerous streets. Raised from the gutter, he uses ultra-modern technology to stand against large corporations and others who exploit the underprivileged. The lonely rider takes his chopper, tech and the slaughter begins (laughter). Awesomeness in pure form with an engrossing, non-linear story – like an epic movie."
It'l be a bit disappointing if they just make a CyberGeralt but I'm sure it'l still be awesome.

Back
Top Bottom