Cyberpunk

Users who are viewing this thread

I have never seen a game that it this buggy and this optimized. Im not even exaggerating it. Bannerlord even though it was EA title wasn't this buggy and undone. My laptop can play rdr2 in medium-high 1080p 50fps. While I cant even run Cyberpunk in low in 1080p 30fps.

If they released it in EA state I would be ok with it. But at this state I would hardly enjoy the good sides of the game. I would suggest anyone who wanna try this game give it at least a year to get better.
I have more bugs and crashes with Bannerlord. Cyberpunk runs nicely on my computer i7-4790, 16 Go RAM and GTX970.
The issues in CP are just a little anoying.

Edit : 50 hours in CP for now

Last edited:
Why though? You'd be paying the same, patches would be released at the same rate, you'd probably play through the whole story at that point, and by the "real" release only a tiny handful of people would actually care to pick up the game again.
Because releasing this half baked game like its a finished game means deceiving people. People thought it was finished game, but game is missing much more than bugs or optimization.

I have more bugs and crashes with Bannerlord. Cyberpunk runs nicely on my computer i7-4790, 16 Go RAM and GTX970.
The issues in CP are just a little anoying.

Edit : 50 hours in CP for now
Ofcourse everyones experience is different but i saw people that didnt had many bugs with bannerlord like me, but I have never heard anyone playing cyberpunk without experiencing bugs, what is more frustrating is Cyberpunk claims to be a full game.

Because releasing this half baked game like its a finished game means deceiving people. People thought it was finished game, but game is missing much more than bugs or optimization.

No big budget game of the last 10 years has ever been "finished" on release. Patching a game for months after release is standard now, to the point where the whole idea behind "Early Access" is meaningless.

No big budget game of the last 10 years has ever been "finished" on release. Patching a game for months after release is standard now, to the point where the whole idea behind "Early Access" is meaningless.
Rdr 2, Spiderman ps4, God of War, Zelda Breath of the Wild was pretty polished. But i dont even want that much polishment. Witcher 3, Skyrim, Unity and even mass effect andromeda were buggy at launch but they were finished games. This game's release quality was on par with watchdogs legion, mafia 3 in some cases, and much worse in others. The game is genuinely missing features, or has place holder features. They put literal 0 effort in wanted system for example. Its not that they thought it was okay too because its not okay in any set of mind.

What a Cyberfail...check this out:

Miracle!
giphy.gif

I have never seen a game that it this buggy and this optimized. Im not even exaggerating it. Bannerlord even though it was EA title wasn't this buggy and undone. My laptop can play rdr2 in medium-high 1080p 50fps. While I cant even run Cyberpunk in low in 1080p 30fps.
Did you update your drivers? My game ran like **** even on low settings until I realised I was ****ing stupid and hadn't updated drivers, after that it ran good on high settings.

In PC the performance is not bad either; myself with an i7 2600k+8GB RAM + 1060 6GB I move it surprisingly well in 1080p with enough fps rythm. But the problem is the game itself. Raw clunky fighting (melee & shooting), orthopaedic driving, practically void interaction, deficient AI... if you add up the entire battery of current bugs; all of that weighs too much. Sure they'll fix it (they have no choice... their actions are falling down sharply); but of course what they've done in consoles is basically a fraud. And all this is due to the damned "pre-buy" system; I never understood it... To cancel the (old) console versions with the amount of reserves accumulated was to get rid of a piece of the pie; and of course now you see the consequences...
A pity, the studio with all this **** storm apart from losing money has lost legitimacy. Redemption will surely be similar or superior to what has been seen with Hello Games and its NMS... but of course... in the long term and most consumers are not willing to wait; refound and if things improve, buy a Gold version in the future at a lower price.

And to entertain us, a comparative video that brings out the shame of the game once again.

In PC the performance is not bad either; myself with an i7 2600k+8GB RAM + 1060 6GB I move it surprisingly well in 1080p with enough fps rythm. But the problem is the game itself. Raw clunky fighting (melee & shooting), orthopaedic driving, practically void interaction, deficient AI... if you add up the entire battery of current bugs; all of that weighs too much. Sure they'll fix it (they have no choice... their actions are falling down sharply); but of course what they've done in consoles is basically a fraud. And all this is due to the damned "pre-buy" system; I never understood it... To cancel the (old) console versions with the amount of reserves accumulated was to get rid of a piece of the pie; and of course now you see the consequences...
A pity, the studio with all this **** storm apart from losing money has lost legitimacy. Redemption will surely be similar or superior to what has been seen with Hello Games and its NMS... but of course... in the long term and most consumers are not willing to wait; refound and if things improve, buy a Gold version in the future at a lower price.

And to entertain us, a comparative video that brings out the shame of the game once again.

this game was supposed to kill all the rockstar titles and TLOU2.. yeah

Redemption will surely be similar or superior to what has been seen with Hello Games and its NMS

No Man's Sky actually pisses me off quite a lot, because people only started talking about "redemption" after that one internet historian video, and most of them hadn't even played the new update. From what I've seen the game is still mostly the same and has the same core issues.

But more importantly than that it reinforces this widespread gamer myth that "it will get better" after release, which is so rare in practice that I have no idea how the myth is sustained. Even games that people cite as positive examples like Rome 2 Total War and Asscreed Unity only have a handful of simple changes to them, while the core game mechanics are the same. In the case of Rome 2 the main change they made was to make collision a bit stiffer and double the HP of infantry (which i assume they wanted to do earlier in development because that single change basically fixed the balance), but the way people talk about it is as if they've completely revitalised a fundamentally broken game. And the "content" that people talk about is mostly crap, like family trees and civil wars that nobody liked anyway.

tl;dr players are way too forgiving of bad releases

this game was supposed to kill all the rockstar titles and TLOU2.. yeah

I haven't played any of the TLOUs franchises; but it seems like a good game...I read that the second part came out with some detractors... as I said, I haven't tried them. Instead I can confirm that at the top of the mountain holding the flag that crowns the summit is RDR2 watching how Cyberpunk is falling down in this way.

pPdNZ3c.jpg

In the hands of CDPR it is left to recover from this " slippage " and to dispute again the first place of the Olympus.
---
NMS of what was seen n release to the current content there is a huge gap. The game is what it is, but I think they redeemed themselves; in the long run...but they did.

Honestly it doesn't get the credit it deserves. After this whole Cyberpunk let down I think everyone realized what an achievement RDR2 was.
It is a really heavy game and wild west, imo it is much better than GTA 5.. but GTA 5 sells 135 million while RDR2 sells 35 million. GTA title is just enormous. Not to mention RDR2 was poorly optimised on PC

RDR2 is like, pretty damned far away from perfection bromiolis. I'm playing it for the first time now, and I have failed several missions because I didn't do things literally exactly as Dan Houser intended. I think GTA 6 is just gonna be about driving trains, because Rockstar ****ing loves railroading players. I spent 10 minutes not fishing with a gang bruh because the game demanded I stand on a specific spot of a specific rock lest I ruin the c i n e m a t i c e x p e r i e n c e of a ****ing cutscene apparently. Literally every other game would just play the thing and move me to where I was supposed to be instead of refusing to progress if I don't stand in the exact developer-approved spot. Infuriating. I'm having fun but I could deadass rant about all the bull****, poor balancing and pacing, railroading and general frustration RDR2 provides for hours. If RDR2 is a guide for what games should be, I'm going to have to stop playing them.

>reddeadrant over

Less buggy and has better npcs than cybersmear though, so that's cool.

Last edited:
I also feel like a lot of the praise of RDR2 focussed on inane surface level details, like "wow look your character's hair grows realistically", while the core of the game and its missions is this ultra-linear, completely static experience which just makes all the details feel like pointless filler gimmicks. It's impressive to look at, but from a game perspective I don't think it deserves much praise because it really isn't hard to put all these isolated details in the game, especially when they have infinite money and some of the best tech artists in the world.

GTA V had the same problem, there was all this minute detail in the game but it never mattered because the missions were completely static and would punish any experimentation whatsoever, and police reinforcements would always spawn 50m behind you the instant you killed the one chasing you.

Back
Top Bottom