Suggestion General Customized assets accessible in Custom Battle Mode

Users who are viewing this thread

The_Schwarz

Regular
Hello, I was wondering if it is possible or could be possible to have custom assets recognizable while in CustomBattle Mode.

If it already is possible can someone please shine some light on the solution for me? I currently have not seen or found a way to have customized assets that I have registered in the mod directories listed below be accessible using an "Items.All" script.
  • "Modules\*ModName*\ModuleData\spitems"
  • "Modules\*ModName*\AssetPackages"
I think this is because those resources are bypassed in the loading procedure when in CustomBattle Mode.
However, in Campaign and Sandbox the script works fine as those module libraries are being loaded.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I know it's not a solution, but have you considered using the Enhanced Battle Test mod, which as it's loaded from a campaign makes custom troops and presumably custom assets available. https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/2
Thanks for your response. @NPC99
I am guessing my over arching issue wouldn't be a problem if I had "Enhanced Battle Test" loaded. But if as you said its loaded from campaign, then the custom assets should automatically present if that is the case. It's something I would have to validate.

You are also right in the fact that the main goal of my ask is to provide a way for the users of Custom Battle mode to use mods that have altered or customized library references.

In my specific case with (DismembermentPlus), I have parted out native armors and given them their own custom reference id so that I can call and return the varying bits of armor that I need to make the effect of cutting of limbs render in battle.

It would be great if we could get a method to load a custom library if Custom Battle mode was selected.

Have you tried looking at your submodule which loads the file?
Maybed you dont load it on customgame?

If you are referring to the section in the submodule.xml where you declare "IncludedGameTypes"
I believe I have that set accordingly.

Code:
  <Xmls>
    <XmlNode>
      <XmlName id="Items" path="spitems"/>
      <IncludedGameTypes>
        <GameType value="Campaign"/>
        <GameType value="CampaignStoryMode"/>
        <GameType value="CustomGame"/>
        <GameType value="EditorGame"/>
      </IncludedGameTypes>
    </XmlNode>