B Tutorial 3D [VC] Customising Armours Tutorial

Users who are viewing this thread

Ok, thanks a heap, I'll try that!

Also, I can't for the life of me remember. I found it quite a while ago, liked it and downloaded it under some incoherent name.
What about yours? It looks familiar (aside from the fact I've seen it on the forum regularly,) is it Pieter Bruegel or something?

Alright, sorry for posting twice with so little time between and for a slightly unrelated post, but after a little research I seem to have found something on the picture, and I, personally, found it a little interesting.
It's seemingly an illustration by a 20th century Norwegian artist called Theodor Kittelsen from his book "Svartedauen," or "the Black Death," depicting a personified version of the plague from Norwegian folklore called Pesta.

On the Wikipedia article I found, it said that Theodor Kittelsen claimed to have met her (hence the drawing,) during his stay in Northern Norway, and also contained a badly translated little saying that went roughly:
"If she came with her broom, would all the farm die, if she came with her rake, someone would survive."
(hence the rake/broomstick thingy.)
Spooky ****, really. I like that sort of folklore, as you can probably tell. Beautiful art, too.

Yep, Triumph of Death by Breugul, one of my favourites :smile:.

Just looked up Kittelsen, some really atmospheric stuff!

Ah, knew I recognised it! It's my wallpaper!
Also, can't find any downloads for previous versions of Open BRF...
Any help? Sorry if it's obvious.

Hm... 0.0.81.
Is this the old version?
I seem to have the same problem, so I'm guessing it may be my damn PC.
This version worked fine on your old PC, correct? Mine's a bit of a toaster, currently saving money for a better one. Are there any earlier versions you've got your hands on, or is my effort futile?

Also, thanks for all the help, regardless of whether or not I can get this display window thing to work. I appreciate it a heap!

That's all I've got I'm afraid.  Yeah this worked for me,on a rather ****ty laptop.

Looks like there's some old versions here : http://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade/mods/1466/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fmountandblade%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D1466&pUp=1

Could give em a try I guess. Could also try running the newer ones in admin mode and/or in compatibility mode.

Ah, damn. The bug prevails.
Yeah, looks like I'll just have to put up with it until I can get a new computer.
The old-old Nexus version seemed to just be worse, with even less ways to update the frame (no double click thing that selects entire armour set,)
and the admin launch / compatibility launch did nada.
I don't really have that much to complain about, though, as it was still easy enough to get the hang of the program, and I've made a fair few armours to my liking, so still, thanks again for the guide.

Hello!

Nice guide, thanks for writing it up!

Maybe not the best place to ask, but how does one export a rigged mesh? I've right clicked on the object I wish to export but I don't get the option to export a rigged mesh, only Static/Skinned/Vertex animated.

Quite the nuisance!

BuzzsawB said:
Hello!

Nice guide, thanks for writing it up!

Maybe not the best place to ask, but how does one export a rigged mesh? I've right clicked on the object I wish to export but I don't get the option to export a rigged mesh, only Static/Skinned/Vertex animated.

Quite the nuisance!

Sorry for the late reply. I think skinned and rigged are the same thing, depends on your version of OpenBRF probably.

hello, I have a texture problem, the combination of meshes appears with bad textures, I do not understand, I think the problem comes from the materials.
in openbrf
[]

in game.
[]

I hope someone can help me solve this problem.
Sorry for my english

it's good, I solved the problem, it's because I used the heraldic armor with MORGH to integrate my armor to the games.
Thank you very much for your tutorial

Back
Top Bottom