Custom Troop Tree

Currently viewing this thread:

B4CKST4B3R

Recruit
Best answers
We should have the option of creating our own troop tree for our kingdom. We could go to a character creation screen, make a character for each tier of troops, and can choose from a predetermined list of weapons and armor what each tier of troops would wear or use. Such as for the recruits, we only have a few options of clothing, and bad weapons. These custom troops would be available in the villages, and cities we conquer.

Guilty1

Recruit
Best answers
Many people already ask to be able to have your own troop trees when creating your own kingdom

Rulin

Regular
Best answers
Yes, that would be awesone!
The train-your-own-troops-feature could be tied to different skills and perks.
Leadership for example unlocks tiers in the tree.
You start of with tier 0 that converts peasants to "followers"

T1 is unlocked by maybe rank 15 in Leadership. Units there have a small budget in terms of equipment and weight. You can choose between some t1 gear you have in your stash or inventory.
Combining it with smithing would be awesome, so it is even more customized.
A unit upgrade then would require peasants and the specific raw material, while at the same time granting some smithing-xp.

Guilty1

Recruit
Best answers
But as leadership is one of the hardest skill to level up before you can lead an army. It will make the game even more grind

Necropolitan13

Recruit
Best answers
I had this idea as well. It really would make a lot of sense, since all the current troops are tied to the specific kingdoms (or bandits). This would help your own kingdom become much more unique and personal, and could reflect your own combat philosophies. Having a simple tier-restricted troop creator would be great. It could probably be done in a number of ways, but here is one off the top of my head:

A point/level-based system, where a given tier can have troops of a specific level or range of levels, and you spend points based on that to level up certain skills and abilities for them, and they'd get a certain amount of money (or further use of points) for use on gear, all of which is restricted to certain quality levels for the tier. Furthermore, you might get a troop type selection that further restricts/focuses their skill/equipment options, to help ensure you are making troops that fill the roles you want them to fill.

I think it would be better if the recruitment/upkeep costs in general were not standardized, since that seems pretty gamey to me, and if they weren't I'd say that the cost of the troops would depend on how strongly you built them. In general, even with the normal troops, this would allow you to choose troops based not only on their quality and how well they fill their role, but also based on how expensive they are. But that's probably something for a different discussion.

King Yngvar

Squire
WBVC
Best answers
Yes, that would be awesone!
The train-your-own-troops-feature could be tied to different skills and perks.
Leadership for example unlocks tiers in the tree.
You start of with tier 0 that converts peasants to "followers"

T1 is unlocked by maybe rank 15 in Leadership. Units there have a small budget in terms of equipment and weight. You can choose between some t1 gear you have in your stash or inventory.
Combining it with smithing would be awesome, so it is even more customized.
A unit upgrade then would require peasants and the specific raw material, while at the same time granting some smithing-xp.
Please no. Linking it to those mmorpg like perks would be a bad idea.

Medivhtratos

Sergeant at Arms
Best answers
I think it will be better that there is this existing primary troop tree but you can choose the weapons and armor for them but faction related. As you choose high tier armor and weapons they should cost more and need more xp to lvl up to this tier

ManWithKnife

Recruit
Best answers
We should have the option of creating our own troop tree for our kingdom. We could go to a character creation screen, make a character for each tier of troops, and can choose from a predetermined list of weapons and armor what each tier of troops would wear or use. Such as for the recruits, we only have a few options of clothing, and bad weapons. These custom troops would be available in the villages, and cities we conquer.
Yes! This would be totally awesome! I would love to explore making my own custom troop tree in the game!