Custom Texturing for the overland map of Talera

Users who are viewing this thread

MadRussian

Veteran
Greetings,

For the record your work never ceases to amaze!  Version 3 breaks so many barriers it's almost ridiculous.

A little while back, I created a tool that can provide custom texturing of the overland map.  In case any of you missed my thread over on the Forge, here a screenshot of what the tool is capable of to give you an idea:

phoenixl.jpg

Best part of all is that it's an extremely quick process.  That retexturing above took me about ten minutes.

Here's a shot of the tool itself:

comrt.jpg

There are currently some drawbacks (explained in the thread), but I believe they can be overcome.

Anyhow, one of the main mods I had in mind when creating the tool was yours, due to the beautiful and unique map of Talera.

If you'd like to take a crack at adding some custom textures to your map, here's the development thread of the tool (The download for the beta is on page 3):
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,59408.0.html

And if I can help out with questions or in any other way, I'd be more than happy to do so.  In the mean time, cheers!

And long live the great Feron horde!!! :twisted:

Woah, nice tool. I tried doing a similar thing by simply replacing the texture on one of my old mods to make a star pattern/nebula. Yours looks far superior though!

I'd be surprised if we couldn't find some amazing uses for this. Thanks!

Hey, no problem!  Can't wait to see what you guys can do with it. :mrgreen:

Blighted Plague areas of darkness and ruin?  Volcanoes?  A swamp perhaps?  Not to mention fields and such for the peaceful folk (that get razed perhaps when the Feron come a knocking).

btw- I updated the main thread of the tool with a quick summary on where things currently stand.  There's a shader/shadow issue of note that must be resolved.  I'm sure with the likes of you guys around, we can get it worked out and put this tool to use beautifying maps all over the community. :smile:

Back
Top Bottom