Custom Settlements OSP Add-On 1.20

Should I add more items? If so, what direction?

• Yes, but keep it realistic.

Votes: 344 72.9%
  • Yes, anything. More the merrier, even if it's unrealistic.

Votes: 114 24.2%
  • No, keep it small.

Votes: 14 3.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

On another note, is it possible to get something like a backpack or so (basket in the shield slot)?
Perhaps something like this could be used to show people carrying packs.

Datver said:
Btw Filefront will be dead very soon, just giving you a heads up.

:cry:
Filefront is actually not being shutdown, the original owners bought it back or something and now its back to stay.

Berpol said:
On another note, is it possible to get something like a backpack or so (basket in the shield slot)?
Perhaps something like this could be used to show people carrying packs.

That's actually possible. I just need to get the scaling and positioning right. Problem is that it might look weird if a fight comes along and all of the villagers suddenly pull out their wool sacks as shields  :smile:.

wickedshot said:
Datver said:
Btw Filefront will be dead very soon, just giving you a heads up.

:cry:
Filefront is actually not being shutdown, the original owners bought it back or something and now its back to stay.

Yeah, but I already rehosted it on MBrepository so oh well.

Blankin said:
I`d like more weapons (especially blunt ones and spears), but I know it`s boring and exhaustive.

I'll try finding some, but I really don't know how much variation you can get on spears.

Hmm, it seems there's a bit of nudge-and-request business going on here. Not sure if you are taking them at all, but if you are on the look-out for new things to add to the OSP pack, I sure wouldn't mind seeing more armors, hats/helmets, gloves, boots that are in a more morbid tones. (Darker colors, less vibrant, grey, brown, tan, or even a off-white). I enjoy building a dreary/tired looking army, heh. And worn out companions that look like they've been on the road too long.

Edit: A few rusted spots or maybe even a small dent on a helmet or an armour piece would be terrific. By the way, if I was a peasant minding my own buisness, and a crazy maniac rode up to my settlement and demanded to fight the owners, I'd use anything (even that wool pack!) to dodge and block my way out of certain slave-dom.

(So long as the block/hp is really low so it tears apart in one hit. 25hp? 0 resist?) Unless you are some sort of martial arts master and manages to use a burlap sack to quickly wrap and trap the offending weapons, then toss it away, disarming your opponent).

I'll go with option 2, as long as it is not too unrealistic. I might even go for an oversized sword... Go go monkey gripped large greatsword >.>

awww crap my D&D came out :sad:

also we really need new gloves and boots to go with the armors.

Well it looks like I'll be sticking with realistic, but I'll still have some duel daggers or hatchets. I'll probably also just remove the merchandise tag from some of the other ones.

As for the sack shields:

mb11.png

mb9z.png

mb13.png

mb2p.png

mb4e.png

Bucket shield  :smile:.

Wow! Those are amazing! I can't wait to see them in game (with my own eyes).

Now all wickedshot needs to do is to edit the troop trees, hehe. Put in a random assortment of items as sack shields for peasants, quarrymen, and lumbjerjacks. Then we can have real peasants running around with their products to and fro the campsites :grin:

It might be a bit too soon to say, but I have a feeling this will go a VERY long way to giving Custom Settlements its distinct character...:grin:

Edit: Now that I've recovered a bit from the excitement, I'm curious, what stats did you put on the items? (Shield Hp/ Resistance, Size, Speed, Weight, etc). :eek:

I've mainly been worrying about getting the positioning right on these shields. Haven't thought about the numbers yet. If you would like to suggest some numbers though, I could put them to use.

As for OSP items, I was able to find some worn-down polearms/blunt weapons. Not much luck on the gloves/boots though.

Awesome work on the shields AvaRice. They would be more awesome if you could stick fish in the buckets, but I know that would require an entirely different model. Guess if I wanted it I would have to make the model my self.

I think that the wooden ones should have similar stats to the crappy wooden shields and the things in the woven baskets and cloth sacks have almost nonexistent stats like:

HP: <=100
Resistance: 0
Size:50
Speed: <50 due to weight and bulkiness. (This is for all of the sack shields, unless they are empty then they can go faster.)

You sure got the positioning right for these items! :smile: The basket one looks superb (for these items, did you just take the model from the Props section in Scene Building?) Thanks for looking for the old/worn down items by the way, I'm looking forward to using the polearms :grin:

Anyway, I just fired up Mount and Blade and had some look at the shields...came up with some stats, and I think they should work in terms of game balance but also correlate visually... but feel free to change them around as you see fit:

mb11.png

Furs: 50/50
Weight: 4.0
Size: 40
Speed Rating: 95

mb9z.png

Salt (60/60)
Weight: 7.0
Size: 25
Speed Rating: 65

mb13.png

Barrel (45/45)
Weight: 2.5 <-- Assuming it's empty
Resistance: 2 <-- Curvature should help!
Size: 60
Speed Rating: 70

mb2p.png

Woven Basket (30/30)
Weight: 1.5
Size: 45
Speed Rating: 100

mb4e.png

Bucket (20/20)
Weight: 0.5
Size: 15
Speed Rating: 125

Well, I've got all of the sack shields working fine now, and I've also added in some new weapons and horses from the OSP, but I'm getting a strange freeze at the weapon shop conversation every once in a while that leads to a CTD. I've tried removing some of the newer weapons, but I haven't been able to pinpoint the exact cause of the problem.

I'm thinking that it might have to do with the prop meshes being in the weapon shop inventory, so I've removed these items from merchandise. Hopefully this will work so that I can get the new version out to wickedshot.

Also, if anyone can do some item modelling, it would be great if we could get some apples or fish in the barrel packs.

@ Liquidninja: the meshes that I used did come from the BRFs in CommonRes. I think its the ones under food and goods.

I have this weird problem... When I try to acces the weaponsmith the game just crashes and doesn't respond to anything. I think same problem with the armourshop :S Anyone ideas?

Ikor said:
I have this weird problem... When I try to acces the weaponsmith the game just crashes and doesn't respond to anything. I think same problem with the armourshop :S Anyone ideas?

Maybe there's something wrong with an OSP item? I would try pressing the "I" key, for ignore. If that doesn't work press esc.

Whenever there's a problem with an item I just do that and it usually just leaves the space blank. You may want to re-download if it doesn't work eventually, though.

LuckyDuckly said:
Ikor said:

Maybe there's something wrong with an OSP item? I would try pressing the "I" key, for ignore. If that doesn't work press esc.

Whenever there's a problem with an item I just do that and it usually just leaves the space blank. You may want to re-download if it doesn't work eventually, though.
Thanks, armour is working.. Tried to add weapons with troopeditor and then start over but then it crashes from the start :S

DarkknightFXR said:
How come I can't download the older version of the OSP

Filefront must have deleted it due to inactivity. I'll reupload it to MBRepository as soon as possible.

For the people using 1.20 do the CTDs happen at all the shops or just the weaponshop and how common are they?

AvaRice said:
DarkknightFXR said:
How come I can't download the older version of the OSP

Filefront must have deleted it due to inactivity. I'll reupload it to MBRepository as soon as possible.

For the people using 1.20 do the CTDs happen at all the shops or just the weaponshop and how common are they?

For me the crash is ruining a good part of the game The weapon buying :smile: so for me when you try to get something from weaponsmith it just crashes before you even enter the shop screen and this crash cant be attached to another shop because this is only happening to the weaponsmith shop!

Back
Top Bottom