Custom Settlements Original Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great work man you sure are a god, try recruting a tem of experinced modders and you got your slef a featured mod coming :wink:, i woudlnt mind being a beta tester :mrgreen:

Just a quetion can i keep all three for my self? :cool: Or do i have to give those 2 others to my companions?

Also have you incorporated that cattle fix were the cattle disapears from villages after a while, it fixes the rate at with they appear :wink:

Also thanks for incorporating some of my ideas(tweaks, ideas, etc...) :razz:

You have to give the other settlements to your lords, but I'm working on adding more things to do once your settlement is a castle town.  Next version you'll be able to create patrols, caravans, and peasant parties.

I have patrols working nicely.  You can have as many patrols as you have points in leadership, and you can either tell them to patrol around your settlement or follow you.  You can talk to your steward to coordinate all of them at once (steward convo has 2 commands for patrols, "all follow me" and "all patrol my settlement").  Each patrol is 30 recruits of your chosen culture (you can change your culture in next version whenever you like, as well as your banner) and they're upgraded based on your training skill.  It's a lot of fun not worrying about being attacked near your settlement by bandits, and even more fun roaming around with 300 troops following you around (need 10 leadership for that).

Next I'm working on caravans, peasant parties, and another custom settlement in the snow.  Then I'll be releasing version 0.4.

Edit added: and no to the cattle question, and im not likely to as my settlement code tends to be built from the ground up with borrowing, so theyre not likely to use that cattle code and when i release version 1.0 there won't be any villages for that to be a problem heh

@Bloid: you can already command Lords and Ladies.  After you've built a Castle Town (both military and economic upgraded to level 2), just bring a companion into the castle and ask them to be a Lord of a settlement (you must have claimed an extra settlement to propose the offer of lordship to them).
Then they'll be a party on the world map, and you can then command them.

wickedshot said:
  Each patrol is 30 recruits of your chosen culture (you can change your culture in next version whenever you like, as well as your banner) and they're upgraded based on your training skill. 

so you can change your troop tree from nord to swadian for instance?

Weren't sold on my suggestion 2 pages back, on having your own troop tree after becoming your own faction. Oh well, It's the first thing i did before playing this verson, was throw in a branching troop tree so i can have my own troops  :mrgreen: I find it makes it feel like i AM a faction of my own!

but kick ass so far, i can't wait for all those features to be thrown in, and i am amazed at how fast you are doing everything.! 1.0 at this rate will be next week  :lol:

Pagan said:
wickedshot said:
  Each patrol is 30 recruits of your chosen culture (you can change your culture in next version whenever you like, as well as your banner) and they're upgraded based on your training skill.

so you can change your troop tree from nord to swadian for instance?

Weren't sold on my suggestion 2 pages back, on having your own troop tree after becoming your own faction. Oh well, It's the first thing i did before playing this verson, was throw in a branching troop tree so i can have my own troops  :mrgreen: I find it makes it feel like i AM a faction of my own!

but kick ass so far, i can't wait for all those features to be thrown in, and i am amazed at how fast you are doing everything.! 1.0 at this rate will be next week  :lol:
yes to your question, and you can change it as many times and whenever youre at a settlement.  the change wont be retroactive tho, so any old patrols will remain what they are, but any new patrols and peasants turned recruit will be the new culture.

i thought about custom troops and tried to implement them, and was already trying to make extremely custom troops, ones that you could change the equipment of ingame and choose each level.  but they need to be heroes for any changes you make to their equipment to persist.  and even with a hero that is a stack of many, theres still the big problem of shared hitpoints and never dying.  so the best solution would be to add new troop trees, but as far as thats concerned, to get the thing you're lookin for means modding in your own troop tree is the best way heh.

i do have a troop tree associated with the settlements, currently Townsfolk can be upgraded morally.  They can become adventurers and head down the virtue path, or they can become bandits and become all evil and such heh.

also, the way ive got it setup, if you do make your own troop tree, you only need to edit 2 places to associate the base unit of that troop tree with a new culture, i can even add a menu option to reference an empty culture to make it easier on anyone who likes to mod their game for more customization.  then your troop tree would be a culture you could choose for your faction.  let me know if that sounds workable and ill add it.

in summary, i look at it as standard troop trees are an alright level of customization for most, but if you want more personal i can make it as easy as possible on you for adding your own troops through the module system.

Edit added:
i also plan to incorporate a bunch of new culture troop trees after version 1.0, as im thinking ill have around 10 possible kingdoms that can come into existance at a time, so ill need more than the base 5 kingdoms cultures to avoid multiples.

Most excelent

HHowever you should alow us to keep the sttlements for ourselves, that way a player can chose wether he wants to keep them or give them to the companions.

Maybe incur a penalty for every extra sttlemnt the player has?

Such as for every 500 reknown you can have one sttlement, for every one you have that is more than the ones allowed you can have revolts pestering every one of your private sttlements untill you give up the some to you lords.

How does that sound?

wickedshot said:
also, the way ive got it setup, if you do make your own troop tree, you only need to edit 2 places to associate the base unit of that troop tree with a new culture, i can even add a menu option to reference an empty culture to make it easier on anyone who likes to mod their game for more customization.  then your troop tree would be a culture you could choose for your faction.  let me know if that sounds workable and ill add it.

in summary, i look at it as standard troop trees are an alright level of customization for most, but if you want more personal i can make it as easy as possible on you for adding your own troops through the module system.

Edit added:
i also plan to incorporate a bunch of new culture troop trees after version 1.0, as im thinking ill have around 10 possible kingdoms that can come into existance at a time, so ill need more than the base 5 kingdoms cultures to avoid multiples.

Hell yeah, that would be awesome to make it so easy for us. I mean the troop editor is the easiest thing in the world to use, if the slot for a new faction is already there, then they don't need any scripting experience at all.

You certainly go the extra mile, don't you  :cool:

And i understand what you saying, now, i never considered those limitations, as i am a newbie in such things. But The alternative is just as good if not possibly better.

Cheers.

Francisian said:
Most excelent

HHowever you should alow us to keep the sttlements for ourselves, that way a player can chose wether he wants to keep them or give them to the companions.

Maybe incur a penalty for every extra sttlemnt the player has?

Such as for every 500 reknown you can have one sttlement, for every one you have that is more than the ones allowed you can have revolts pestering every one of your private sttlements untill you give up the some to you lords.

How does that sound?

The reason for not allowing more has been to lessen the amount of repetitive micro management.  Basically after you've finished one settlement you're a king/queen and can focus on higher matters and leave new settlement management to your lords and ladies.  You still technically own their settlements, but you leave the management to your lessers.

Mainly I want to avoid situations like in native where if you try to start your own kingdom you end up trying to defend 20 towns yourself, which is exhausting and not fun.

My coding thus far has been focused on a one settlement per hero, including the player, so allowing owning multiples yourself could be problematic.

Was there some aspect of owning a settlement specifically that you feel you miss out on when your Lords are managing them for you?  I'd like to avoid direct ownership of multiple settlements for reasons central to my plans, but I might be able to allow kings to dabble more in their lords settlements.

Well said. Once you are king, tedious matters are not for you. You are king and as king, rediculous demands and conquering the world is your main goal. As for where your men will get there food, clothing and arms, or who will till the fields and fill the coffers with gold... that is for your lessers to take care of and worry about.

No different to the game when your a lord.

"King Yaroglek: " Lord PC, i want praven under my control by dawn"

PC : "but m' lord, it has 1200 defenders, and we have 23 attackers"

King Yaroglek: "I WANT PRAAAAVEEEEENNNN!!!!"

PC : "Within the hour it shall be yours."

Thus you charge first in line, hoping to die  :lol:

As you say, defending everything yourself is what takes all the fun out of being a rebel in native.

i cant upgrade my settlement near yalen (or custow tried both in a new game)

i have everything set ready for upgrading ( for instance: 50 peasants and prosp. popularity for a village yet nothing happens...)

greater good said:
i cant upgrade my settlement near yalen (or custow tried both in a new game)

i have everything set ready for upgrading ( for instance: 50 peasants and prosp. popularity for a village yet nothing happens...)

two possible problems i can think of:

1.  do you have all the requirements?  for a village you need 50 peasants, 25 prosp, 10 relation, and 5000 gold.
go to the "Manage Settlement", and then "List of Upgrade requirements", then it will list possible upgrades and what you currently have for comparison.

2. if you are certain you meet the requirements, did you go to "Manage Settlement" and then choose "Build housing for a village"?  it takes a couple weeks for it to actually be built, you can see your progress and how many days left by going to the "Manage Settlement" menu, and it'll say along the top something like "Currently building economic infrastructure, will be complete in X days"

let me know if neither of those help

greater good said:
sadly neither of those options helped...i think we may have a possible bug
ah, found the problem, will upload shortly.  this update shouldnt break saves so you should be able to continue playing your same game.

INDEED KEEP EM COMMING  :twisted:*evil laughter*

you are realy doing a great f*cking good job (pardon for the language)

my compliments

Custom Settlements 0.35b download, first post link is updated as well.

this can be used with save games from 0.35 i believe.

main reason for this version is to fix the settlement upgrading bug.

I also added Patrols (you can hire as many of them as you have Leadership points for 1000 gold each), they consist of 30 recruits (or better if you have high training skill) and can be commanded to either follow you or patrol your settlement.  You steward can issue mass commands to them if you talk to your steward inside the castle.

the type of recruits will default to swadian, but you can change your culture via the Manage Faction menu in your settlement, which will change the recruits you get for patrols.  you can also repick your banner at any time after you've reached military level 1 in your settlement.

also added the ability to inspect your Lords/Ladies inventory and character sheets by talking to them on the overland map.

I enabled the Edit Settlement option for your settlements since i wont be working on this much over the next few days, so if you run into any glitches you can use the Edit Settlement menu options to deal with them.

Awesome job wicked.  I really like the direction this mod is going.  Would it be possible in the future to create the capability to build on the map? Example:  You are moving from Praven to Suno and decide that an outpost could be built on the map as a new location that might hold some strategic value later on. Or maybe even a new settlement.  Once building is complete it is now a recognized location on the map that can be visited by you and your lords, attacked or defended from enemies. I don't even know if it was possible, but just an idea. What you have already accomplished has become a milestone for the community.  Good job.  Keep up the good work.

Excelent most excelent i second what the above poster said :grin:

Yor turning a custum sttlement into a full fldged mod, hey what if you used some of highlanders kingdom features, aswell as nonamemod features aswell(bribing bandits to join)

Also a hilarius bug to report, all thief women are fighting on bikinis :lol:, other than that this mod is already a great milestone as was previusly stated :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom