Custom Settlements Original Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
vadermath said:
Great job wickedshot, love the mod, but i was just wondering why you don't have a thread in the Pioneers Guild, most of the mods are there. Great work anyway, can't wait to see more settlements like this :mrgreen:

Its more a pre-mod than a mod so far.  I mostly posted it so others could see it and such.

I may make a new post there when I've got a more expansive mod.  Currently I've finished the system for multiple settlements and started working on the scenes for a second custom settlement (this one should be cooler since I know a lot more about scene making since the first one).  I've come up with my rough draft for creating factions and heroes becoming lords and kings so I'm working on that next after I've got several custom settlements.  After that and a new overland map with just custom settlements I'll prolly release a mod on pioneers forum with other mods.

Wickedshot, this would be very cool in an apocalyptic story.
As in only a few big cities, and for the rest villages who try to survive.. kind of like the TV show jericho.

dude nice ideas i thought it would be cool to have a barracks to generate recruits and to place were you want to buildings in your village but those are just thoughts :razz:

Heh, some interesting developments:

I joined the Swadians, who were at war with the Rhodoks and Nords. Very soon after, huge Rhodok and Nord war parties were at my doorstep. First Graveth and his boys attacked my settlement, and killed the 3 peasants living there. After the siege, I came back to the settlement and was able to reclaim it, even though a lord was still there. In fact, I was able to steal some of the Rhodok garrison!

Then the Nords attacked. This time, while they were attacking, I retrieved my peasants and left in hopes of letting them take it, then reclaiming it later and maybe getting some free troops as was last time. However, the siege never ended (seeing as how there is nobody to fight, I guess).

Dwinny said:
Heh, some interesting developments:

I joined the Swadians, who were at war with the Rhodoks and Nords. Very soon after, huge Rhodok and Nord war parties were at my doorstep. First Graveth and his boys attacked my settlement, and killed the 3 peasants living there. After the siege, I came back to the settlement and was able to reclaim it, even though a lord was still there. In fact, I was able to steal some of the Rhodok garrison!

Then the Nords attacked. This time, while they were attacking, I retrieved my peasants and left in hopes of letting them take it, then reclaiming it later and maybe getting some free troops as was last time. However, the siege never ended (seeing as how there is nobody to fight, I guess).
haha nice.  ive got to work on simulated battles for settlement sieges still.  i've got a second settlement ready and its much cooler than my first one i must say.  just working out some faction details, hopefully simulated battles and other stuff before i release.

@xXF8LL3NXx, currently settlements generate peasants per month (about 4 per 50 peasants you have after youve got a village) and you can use the manage settlement option "Recruit Training" to spend 8 hours training some peasants into recruits (the number depends on your training skill and the availability of peasants).
about placing buildings yourself, you can do that with the editor but theres no costs attached to it or restrictions on placement.  next version will have a test settlement included that will have 9 empty scenes, so that anyone wanting to make their own settlement from scratch can easily do so.

@haste, my plan is to have 2 possible startup mods eventually, 1) would be starting with all settlements as camps with no upgrades, so any villages and towns would have to be built up by you or the AIs, and 2) would have all the settlements set to random levels with random garrions and random lords.

Imagine my surprise when i see settlement posted in the forge by a noob "recruit". Hehe, i think to myself, "silly little man doesnt realise this area is not for such things, and he must have missed the many posts asking for settlement upgrades, shot down by, "too Hard!" "Not do-able" or just "Piss off Noob"

with this mod, and the proposed plan, posted above, this may be the single most, land mark mod to date. it would effectivly make M&B into a random dungeon generater "meaning NO two games Alike!!!" Since who nows which village or lord will rise up to be king, city whatever. Would bring a whole new approach with it's  sim-M&B type feel, and would be quite simply kick ass, full-stop. <---  see there it is.

You sir are a Gentleman and a scholar. Great work!!

My download has finished, thus the world shall not see me again till i am done trying this little beauty.

Sir you are a god :eek:

But i have a sugestion could you also aplly all the communities fixes(mill with monthly increases, cattle acompanying instead of running, etc...), and in case you build even more costum citys i will gladly keep on downloading your mod :mrgreen:

Anyways good luck :wink: i have just started building my houses :mrgreen:

You could give us an option to squeze the peasnts out of everything they got and then we would get a revolt?(kinda like we receive the taxes, rents and revenues but their not enoguh, we could rob the peasnts at the risk of an revolt?

Also could you make it so that when we pillage a village we have to fight the peasnts even if we hve a clear advantage? its much better than just watching it burn on the world map :cool:

Pagan said:
Imagine my surprise when i see settlement posted in the forge by a noob "recruit". Hehe, i think to myself, "silly little man doesnt realise this area is not for such things, and he must have missed the many posts asking for settlement upgrades, shot down by, "too Hard!" "Not do-able" or just "Piss off Noob"

with this mod, and the proposed plan, posted above, this may be the single most, land mark mod to date. it would effectivly make M&B into a random dungeon generater "meaning NO two games Alike!!!" Since who nows which village or lord will rise up to be king, city whatever. Would bring a whole new approach with it's  sim-M&B type feel, and would be quite simply kick ass, full-stop. <---  see there it is.

You sir are a Gentleman and a scholar. Great work!!

My download has finished, thus the world shall not see me again till i am done trying this little beauty.
I've been reading more than writing when it comes to the forums, figured I'd use my writing skills on modding instead heh.  Plus I'm not a fan of posting about something I want to do without having something of a start on it, and if I have a working start on something it's better for people to be able to try it since then they can give better feedback about it than if all they had to go on was what I told them I wanted to do.

@Francisan, about the mill and village raiding, both of those will not exist in their current form in my planned mod (as I plan to remove existing villages and have only custom settlements), but I do plan on making settlements raidable, and I'll prolly make it like as interesting as possible, maybe even more than just running through killing the peasants you'll have to loot some items and burn stuff heh.  About the cattle, I've been considering that because herding cattle the current way can be painful heh.  Also going to remedy another painful experience, which is to make it so youre still on your horse and have 2 companions when you get attacked by bandits, I mean damn, where the hell are my horse, friends and troops when the bandits try to rob me?!
About peasant revolts, I do have them planned though my idea was that if corruption got too high and you had low relation with the settlement and there were a lot of peasants compared to the number of troops then the peasants could revolt (also have prisoner revolts planned).  I'll add an option under "Organize Population" called "Tax the peasants" that lets you demand extra gold from the peasants and makes them hate you more and makes the settlement more corrupt, that should add your desired result.

Sounds interesting indeed :smile:

That option could be called raise war tax or something like that :wink:, it would bring in a lot of money, but relations would go down a lot, curruption would go up and you could implement a small percentage of chance for a rebellion

Also curruption could also cause civil unrest, after all if you peasnts are poor and the steward is feasting everynight, something is wrong no :mrgreen:

And i cant wait for that raiding feature :cool:

Hey i just remebered something

A while back thera was a mod called peasnts i think it had custum villages asweell maybe you could ask their tem for some scenes and some of their work after you ported them to the current version

That would give you some new scenes that only required said porting and would be good to go for your mod :cool:

Also if your going to make those many custum sttlements add more walking villagers, 7 or 8 per village is nothing, i think i saw once in a polished buidings threadh a screen of a city street with 2 horsmen and a crowd of villagers walking around, you could also make some soldiers patrol the streets with their shield ready but with their weopon sheathed :wink:

Also if the sieges are multystaged make it so that the fights in the streets have more soldiers :mrgreen:

But hey these are just sugestions, as far as i am concerned building my own sttelement is enought for me hehe :mrgreen:

armyguy31b said:
New version isn't out yet is it?

outstanding work by the way.
Thanks heh.
I had planned 0.2 to be just the conversion from a 1 settlement system to a multiple settlement system with 2 total settlements, but I finished the conversion so quickly that I started working on faction stuff while making the scenes for the second settlement.
So after I finished what I wanted for version 0.2 either yesterday or the day before, I had started into more stuff that I had meant to leave for 0.3 and now I'm tryin to finish that up before uploading (having that stuff half in would be very problematic heh).  So it'll be a little longer but it'll have a third settlement, a proper settlement faction, and you'll be able turn your hero companions into Lords and Ladies to help you out.

Francisian said:
Hey i just remebered something

A while back thera was a mod called peasnts i think it had custum villages asweell maybe you could ask their tem for some scenes and some of their work after you ported them to the current version

That would give you some new scenes that only required said porting and would be good to go for your mod :cool:

Also if your going to make those many custum sttlements add more walking villagers, 7 or 8 per village is nothing, i think i saw once in a polished buidings threadh a screen of a city street with 2 horsmen and a crowd of villagers walking around, you could also make some soldiers patrol the streets with their shield ready but with their weopon sheathed :wink:

Also if the sieges are multystaged make it so that the fights in the streets have more soldiers :mrgreen:

But hey these are just sugestions, as far as i am concerned building my own sttelement is enought for me hehe :mrgreen:
I've been considering upping the amounts of peasants and such for higher stages of development.

Currently its 10 important people (merchants, peasant elder, etc.), 10 peasants, 10 troops, 10 prisoners max, with those 10 being representative of your real forces (i.e. if you have 100 swadian recruits and 10 swadian knights, the scenes will have 9 swadian recruits and 1 swadian knight).
I've been thinking of making it so when you have military level 1 (so a manor) it ups your troop max to 20 and for military level 2 (a castle) it ups it to 30.  and similarly for economic (village and town).
Do you think that would have the desired effect?

For sieges, theres currently no stages, I'm planning to just properly reinforce battles with unlimited waves til they run out of troops.

About the peasants mod, I'm not sure how easily it could be converted, as I'm doubting it was done to the same specifications as mine (9 stages in the way I've done them).  I'm guessing I'm doomed to making tons of scenes myself heh.  On the plus side I think I'm getting much better at scene making.

Well this is so bloody sweet, functionaly and... well rpg-ingly  :shock:

Not only have i seriously enjoyed playing 0.1 i can barely contain my self for the rest. This mod even inspired me to MOD! i have no clue how to mod. but with the kickass tools made by Thorgrim and team, plus D'sparils very sweet guides, i managed to merge this mod with Cremo's Native Improved using the very handy Winmerge tool, and just to tempt fate, inserted items from two others mods, just to see if i could. Been playing all bloody night and everything is working perfectly. because your scripts were so complex for me to work out, i used this mod as the centre and added the others on. 

In moding terms the achievemt in pathetic, but i'm bloody proud of my self. 
:

Cookie for me  :mrgreen:

Pagan said:

Not only have i seriously enjoyed playing 0.1 i can barely contain my self for the rest. This mod even inspired me to MOD! i have no clue how to mod. but with the kickass tools made by Thorgrim and team, plus D'sparils very sweet guides, i managed to merge this mod with Cremo's Native Improved using the very handy Winmerge tool, and just to tempt fate, inserted items from two others mods, just to see if i could. Been playing all bloody night and everything is working perfectly. because your scripts were so complex for me to work out, i used this mod as the centre and added the others on. 

:

Nice heh.  I'm thinking I'll get 0.3 out tomorrow, I've got my heroes-turned-Lords working pretty decently now, so just gotta finish up my 3rd settlement and hope I don't get further sidetracked adding other stuff.

I love that idead about the more developed the more people show :mrgreen:

Also besides putting in that small tweak for the cattle, aply that other one were the rate of cattle appearing is fixed, after 20 or 30 in game days its really hard to find cattle to bring to your city

Also you could leave in the villages after all those settlements are towns and towns also need villages, but its your mod anyway :cool:

I have a few ideas for new buildings :cool:

Stables, cost would be 5000, would put a horse merchant in town aswell as a new building with horses, etc...

Blacksmith, cost would be 6500, would put an armourer with 1 or 2 selling stands with some armors in it and a new house behind them of course

Weoponsmith, cost would be 7000, would put smither with 1 or 2 other sllings stands with weopons on them and of course a new house

Watch tower, cost would be 5500, would send you a message in case of a siege, raid, etc....appears as a watch tower close to where you spawn

Farms, these would bring in more income and would look really awsome, after all what is a medieval village withouth big farms that could get easyly burned, maybe make them 10000 each aswell as requiring a large work force and have them increase your income by something like 400 aswell as bringing in 2 or 3 more villagers per week(more food)

Anyways why dont you consider having a sub forum here in this forum and recruiting a team :cool: cuz im good at giving ideas but im not very good at modding :lol:

Anyways any idea as to when the next version will come out :grin:

Sounds cool downloading now =D

Pagan said:

:

How do you merge mods? Never heard of it, but I'd love to merge this with D'Sparil's The Eagle and the Radiant Cross mod. Help plz? XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom