Custom Settlements Original Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
wickedshot said:
I've considered something like chopping wood.  Its conceivable.  The workings of the Practice dummies suggest to me that I could make a tree that you chop to knock down, or make it possible to break rocks.
I'll know more of whats possible after version 0.7 and will prolly implement such either in 0.9 or post 1.0.

That will be interesting. And what about let the player work like slave when captured?  :smile:

I've got quite a few female friends majoring architecture and they do seem to have the passion to do something like this if they also play M&B
So wont be too surprised about the gender of this non-bloody at all & fiercely creative modder
Good luck to the group!
p.aspx

Shooting Range
p.aspx

Huge WC... $5 per use

wyz17153 said:
I've got quite a few female friends majoring architecture and they do seem to have the passion to do something like this if they also play M&B
So wont be too surprised about the gender of this non-bloody at all & fiercely creative modder
Good luck to the group!
Shooting Range
Huge WC... $5 per use

Whoa, hey! Are you making scenes in  editor? :grin: the battlement is wide enough for a warhorse? Wow. Good man.

Thanks Liquidninja, just making it for fun cause some guy here wanted to have a Great Wall so...
If I can appoint steward in the empty settlements I'll choose a homemade one as my mother-town next time :grin: Got it!
p.aspx

p.aspx

p.aspx

p.aspx

Without proper siege AI, I have to make this monster to make sure my infantry follow me all the way up :mrgreen:
p.aspx

If you develop something like this, you might have made a seed for RTS type mods for Mount and Blade, and soon it will grow and we get a new genre in the RPG game.

Dalizon said:
that wall scares me, both of its flanks are exposed
Yea I made this on purpose to make it look like the great wall
the 2 exposing sides, on the one side it's actually closed due to the map size limit
the other side there is a river providing the attackers alternative option :mrgreen:

Hi, here some other things I noticed (with Icengard as Monor Town) but nothing important:
  • When I have enough disposition with a hero (50+ or so) I can give him 1000 gold again (id does not change disposition), at least in conversation in the manor.
  • I was accompanied by two Royal Guards in the tavern, when I told them to remove unwanted strangers they fought the mercenary and the tavern keeper (note to self: lances are no good in a bar brawl)
  • Heroes with heraldic mail that accompany me to town wear my coat of arms, Royal Guards don't, the same goes for Royal Guards in Borcha's throne room, they all wear the red and black.
  • When I attack another settlement I don't get loot or prisoners (experience is normal)
  • In a mock siege the looser gets 800 exp, the winner gets 800 + 50 exp, not much difference
My best result of a mock siege with me alone against the defenders was 6 of them standing (I haven't won that fight yet).

Berpol said:
Hi, here some other things I noticed (with Icengard as Monor Town) but nothing important:
  • When I have enough disposition with a hero (50+ or so) I can give him 1000 gold again (id does not change disposition), at least in conversation in the manor.
  • I was accompanied by two Royal Guards in the tavern, when I told them to remove unwanted strangers they fought the mercenary and the tavern keeper (note to self: lances are no good in a bar brawl)
  • Heroes with heraldic mail that accompany me to town wear my coat of arms, Royal Guards don't, the same goes for Royal Guards in Borcha's throne room, they all wear the red and black.
  • When I attack another settlement I don't get loot or prisoners (experience is normal)
  • In a mock siege the looser gets 800 exp, the winner gets 800 + 50 exp, not much difference
My best result of a mock siege with me alone against the defenders was 6 of them standing (I haven't won that fight yet).
The 50 relation 1000 gold thing doesn't make any sense to me, but I'll look into it.
Theres several heraldic armor issues I've got to look into, that being one of them.
Theres no loot yet (I'm making plans for such) but you should get prisoners if you claim the settlement (the remaining unconscious defenders will automatically be made prisoners if you claim the settlement).
I'll adjust the xp values for mock battles.
Good job on the 1 verse all challenge heh.

wickedshot said:
The 50 relation 1000 gold thing doesn't make any sense to me, but I'll look into it.
It's somewhere between 50 and 60, I'm not sure when I noticed it first. I think 50 is the mark where you can change the hero a settlement (I sometimes put them on patrol while I travel alone in look for peasants and trouble).

wickedshot said:
Theres no loot yet (I'm making plans for such) but you should get prisoners if you claim the settlement (the remaining unconscious defenders will automatically be made prisoners if you claim the settlement).
Yes, when I claim a settlement I get the prisoners, this only happened when I attack without claiming it.

wickedshot said:
Good job on the 1 verse all challenge heh.
And fun was had by all. :grin:
Actually once I was beaten before the lancers even reached me, I overlooked one of the archers (I think an Assassin) at the entrance to Icengard (stone to the head with Power Throw 10) :mrgreen:

Berpol said:
wickedshot said:
Yes, when I claim a settlement I get the prisoners, this only happened when I attack without claiming it.

I think the idea behind this is that the remaining troops will pull the wounded back to the settlement.

Edit: By the way wickedshot. I believe that you were going to make a new map, quests and such. If you are still not sure what to do, I suggest that you model it after the movie "Kingdom of Heaven".

I'll likely just make up a terrain map that looks neat, it won't be based on an existing lore.  I can't think of any well known lore that involves building up settlements and the rise of kingdoms, and any such would more likely detract from the customization of the mod.
More likely any lore will enter via any custom settlements that scene makers make or npcs people make.

wickedshot said:
I'll likely just make up a terrain map that looks neat, it won't be based on an existing lore.  I can't think of any well known lore that involves building up settlements and the rise of kingdoms, and any such would more likely detract from the customization of the mod.
More likely any lore will enter via any custom settlements that scene makers make or npcs people make.

it would be cool to have some bodies of water with navy battles and invasions of foreign forces ;p

Hey, Wicked, this mod is wonderfull.

You've made amazing advancements over the native, I'm really impressed and anxious to see the next versions.

Now, for one suggestion that was already discussed a lot, but I think that shouldn't be a problem if I tried again:

Don't you think that it's about time to get a sub-forum? I've seen mods with a lot less updates and work having a sub-forum, and the it would really help on the organization. Not that you don't have a good plan already, but all the same questions, over and over again, on the only thread dedicated to this amazing mod, can get really frustrating.

I've taken my time on reading this thread (about 2 days until I finished all the 75 pages) and couldn't help to fell annoyed with all the same questions about "how to upgrade my settlement to manor" or "how to make my companion into a lord", not to mention the "My settlement is empty, I think it's a bug". With a sub-forum, you could make a FAQ thread, with all the answers to those recurring questions (I bet that some of the oldest beta-testers would apply to help you with the FAQ).

Another thread to keep people informed about the plans that you already have in motion (although they are written on the first post, you are always changing it in the middle of those 75 pages), and where one could post suggestions, on a easy to find and answer way. Also, one thread dedicated to scene making, where it would be easier to post and find tutorials regarding one of the most needed help that you could get right now.

One thread for screenshots, without the need to use spoiler tags, could really help and be updated with screens as the new scenes were made.

Also, a little more attention to your mod would come, and with that, more scene makers and beta testers. I, for one, only found out about this amazing gem while reading the thread for another great one, Sword of Damocles.

I hope you don't mind my suggestion, and if you don't like at all, not a problem. I'll keep reading this thread, no matter how much of the same questions keep coming at you. Heh

Anyway, during my read of this thread, I had a lot of suggestions regarding the mod itself, but apparently, nothing that wasn't already suggested or planned. So, I'll keep playing until I have some idea that is new or at least interesting.

Just a question. I hate that the mock sieges have everyne on horseback with only a lance. What can I change in the troop editor to change that? (If there is a way to fix in troop editor)

I love the mod, btw.

imrebroce said:
Just a question. I hate that the mock sieges have everyne on horseback with only a lance. What can I change in the troop editor to change that? (If there is a way to fix in troop editor)

I love the mod, btw.
Troop editor wouldn't help.

What you need to change is the "mock_defend_settlement" mission template in the module_mission_template.py file.
Particularly the lines like:
(40,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_0,af_override_everything,aif_start_alarmed,1,[itm_jousting_lance,itm_sumpter_horse,itm_blue_tourney_armor]),
And just add items.

Alternatively if you're using the txt files, I think youd want to edit the lines like:
40 4112 511 16 1 3  329 113 25
And add item numbers, for instance I think the 329 is the jousting lance, the 113 is a sumpter horse, and the 25 is a tourney armour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom