Custom Settlements City Add-On 0.675+3

Users who are viewing this thread

Floating objects in Emptsic are a known bug.
I admit I'm a bit lazy fixing the empty scenes though.

Lots of objects in Emptauk (Whitecreek) # 29 are way off. Looks like they were fit into a different terrain. I donwloaded the 0.675+3 version and made no chages in any files. So what is wrong ? Am I missing some terrain file or what ???

BTW: is this project still ongoing ? I could do Emptook if anyone finds any use for it...

madboy said:
Lots of objects in Emptauk (Whitecreek) # 29 are way off. Looks like they were fit into a different terrain. I donwloaded the 0.675+3 version and made no chages in any files. So what is wrong ? Am I missing some terrain file or what ???
Did you replace the file scenes.txt?
When I create a map I usually also change the terrain so you need that file too.

madboy said:
BTW: is this project still ongoing ? I could do Emptook if anyone finds any use for it...
As long as no modder makes an announcement this mod is dead (or at least in a deep coma).
Perhaps someone like Cerce Tentones will revive it.
But if you create a settlement send it to me and I will add it to the city add-on.

Berpol said:
Did you replace the file scenes.txt?
When I create a map I usually also change the terrain so you need that file too.

U mean scenes.txt from +3 add-on ? Yes, I do have that file. Created October 14, 2010, size 168 kB. Doesn't seem to fit the rest, tho... what do I do now ? 

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/55/whitecreekflatgrounded.png

this is how it looks like after I grounded the ramshackle castle previously up in the air. What does the terrain you have look like ?

madboy said:
this is how it looks like after I grounded the ramshackle castle previously up in the air. What does the terrain you have look like ?
Well, just imagine a hill under that ramshackle castle :smile:
It should not be a flat plane at all, there should be a steep hill behind the camp (with the castle on top) and more hills behind that and to your side...
I will have to check the files tonight.

Btw, did you start a new game with all files (including heroes) or did you only copy scenes?
Both ways should work though.

Berpol said:
Btw, did you start a new game with all files (including heroes) or did you only copy scenes?
Both ways should work though.

Started anew. When I just copied them, the old savegame (0.675 but without +3) didn't display the new settlements.

OK, I did a check with my files and I get the same problem.
It looks like I overwrote the terrain code I changed with 0.675+1 with the one from 0.675 again. :sad:

The problem is I have no files with the changed terrain code any more.
If anyone still has the files from the Add-On 0.675+1 and post the terrain code for settlement 29 I can fix it but otherwise I can't do much.

Big thanks for checking it, tho. Is there a way to quickly ground the items in other files ? Doing them one by one holding T key is an arduous ordeal...

madboy said:
Big thanks for checking it, tho. Is there a way to quickly ground the items in other files ? Doing them one by one holding T key is an arduous ordeal...
You can mark more items at once and move them but there is no "everything falls to the ground" button (would be nice though).

my game always crashes on load, at the very beginning, RGL error can not open Modules\Custom Settlements City Add-On 0.675+03-Resource-CustomSettlements.brf

plz help I realy whant to play this mod :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Srbenda said:
my game always crashes on load, at the very beginning, RGL error can not open Modules\Custom Settlements City Add-On 0.675+03-Resource-CustomSettlements.brf
I'll take a look. I did a new install two days ago with no problems though.

Quick check of the downloadable files.
Do you have the file in that folder? It should be part of the regular files from Custom Settlement 0.675.
The files from my add-on are meant to add to and overwrite the files from that mod.

I created a new version of Custom Settlements City Add-On 0.675+3 (with a fixed Whitecreek).
Link is in the first post.
I hope I can post it today, I forgot to register at the Nexus :???:

Sorry, no answer from Nexus. I will post the new files on Wednesday (hopefully)

If you want to fix the file yourself do the following:
  • Make a copy of your file scenes.txt (better save than sorry)
  • Open the file scenes.txt and search for the entries for Whitecreek (settlement 29), you will find nine entries from e0m0 to e2m2 that look like that:
    scenes.txt said:
    scn_custom_settlement_e0m0_29 custom_settlement_e0m0_29 256 none none 0.000000 0.000000 240.000000 240.000000 -0.500000 0x0000000040000500000d234800006394000064f600005c6b
      1  646
    outer_terrain_plain
  • Replace the string 0x0000000040000500000d234800006394000064f600005c6b with 0x0000000020000500000d2348000009d6000014fd00005cf0 at all nine places.
  • Save the file and load your game.
    This change is save game compatible.

Back
Top Bottom