Custom servers rant.

Users who are viewing this thread

๖Kern

Grandmaster Knight
It took 3 days to create custom servers for one modder, but because of whatever policy, TW has not released them yet. Shutting the modder down because he makes you look incompetent? So what? I am sorry to tell you, but you do look incompetent without his input already.

Why do we have to run in freaking circles all the time? We ask for more communication, seemingly get it and then radio silence again. Why can’t you just come forward and make statements about topics that community considers to be important? That’s what community managers are for. I am so fed up of this. Why can other studios openly communicate with their community, but here, there’s either “soon”, “we can’t talk about it yet” or just silence? You’re so lucky that M&B is the only game of its kind and I hope it changes at some point.. But yeah, that probably doesn’t matter anyway, you don’t have to care once people buy your game.
I am frustrated and yet, I am not even exaggerating. I guess that a voice chat in Skirmish is more important than developing custom servers.

I suspect that behind the scenes they have their reasons why they are preventing us from currently enjoying Custom Servers. However, to the public, every decision taken or the subsequent explanation has been totally bizarre, out of all logic and beyond my understanding... what I call the Bannerlord experience.

To give an example of the Bannerlord experience:

-You announce that you are developing duel mode... that it will be released Soon... a considerable amount of time elapses... you announce its implementation in the beta branch... the beta branch has no servers. Welcome to the Bannerlord experience:facepalm:.

Well, like that, hundreds. These are windmills...

Here's my hug and a lit candle to keep the hope alive.

giphy.gif

look, the reason they forbid players to have ability to create their dedicated server is very clear

E-SPORT

they know if there is custom server, modded server or whatever it is, people will immediately stop playing their E-SPORT gamemode
the multiplayer's core "class system" they built is in no doubt for and just for E-SPORT purpose and not for your fun
"too late to change" is a known lie because of this reason, they can but they won't just like custom server

TW will never ever give you the ability to create your server so sorry to say this but your post is useless just like many other post, it doesn't suit their vision

look, the reason they forbid players to have ability to create their dedicated server is very clear

E-SPORT

they know if there is custom server, modded server or whatever it is, people will immediately stop playing their E-SPORT gamemode
the multiplayer's core "class system" they built is in no doubt for and just for E-SPORT purpose and not for your fun
"too late to change" is a known lie because of this reason, they can but they won't just like custom server

TW will never ever give you the ability to create your server so sorry to say this but your post is useless just like many other post, it doesn't suit their vision

Allmost every big E-sport game have custom servers. They probably got a bad reason but it's not that.

Necroing with a Flamebait
Who wants some cheese with that whine? ?

You do realise that the majority of this community wants custom servers.
I don't care what the "community" wants, like..at all.
Do you even play MP?
LOL... I just finished a 12-hour stretch of playing M&B. I have Beta 1.6.0 with a dozen mods and having the time of my life.
Did you not bother to read the above posts, in particular this link?
I don't give a rat's arse about the link... wait, what does it say? multiplayer-mods-cant-be-made-until-2022-unless-we-find-an-alternative ? yeah... I don't care about that, like, at all.
Do you even know whats going on?
I don't need to know "what's going on". I know what I need to know and I don't give a damn about anything and anyone else. I ONLY care about ME, you see... ME. I'm happy about the game and having the time of my life playing it. that's ALL I care about.

Thank you Taleworlds! Good job so far on everything. Beta 1.6.0 is kickass!

LOL... I just finished a 12-hour stretch of playing M&B. I have Beta 1.6.0 with a dozen mods and having the time of my life.

I don't give a rat's arse about the link... wait, what does it say? multiplayer-mods-cant-be-made-until-2022-unless-we-find-an-alternative ? yeah... I don't care about that, like, at all.

I'm happy the game and having the time of my life playing. that's ALL I care about.

So you don't play MP then....because I'm pretty sure you can't play it with beta 1.6.0 with any mods at all. You don't care about custom servers, you probably haven't even tried TW crappy servers and had the pleasure of them crashing, been unable to support friendly fire (because they crash), kick half the population in the server because anti-cheat is bugged, or the unnecessarily long waiting time for the map to start (and no its not waiting for more players or loading the map). You probably don't even have a clue about battle mode, or ever experienced large clan battles.

You jumped into this thread and commented on something you don't care about and clearly don't have a clue about - do you feel stupid now?

*PtitCon be like
200.gif

Last edited:
@Askey the guy's just a troll, look at his post history (the profile pic of a giggling dog is also a hint). Better not to give him the attention he wants.

@Askey the guy's just a troll, look at his post history (the profile pic of a giggling dog is also a hint). Better not to give him the attention he wants.
Exactly. Just looking at how he got involved with this topic makes me think he got some major problems.

Anyways, slow and incompetent development is one thing but I couldn't understand why they are preventing custom servers and therefore mp modding when they should have encouraged it. Like if this is the best you can do, a barebones game that doesn't compare to the idea of the game you have been feeding us for years in devblogs, at least let modders do what they do so we can enjoy the game in different ways we want. Intel gaming newsletter claimed the full launch of Bannerlord is due to the later this year, I don't know if it's true, I just hope we can get the MP mods soon, it's been a pretty long time.

Last edited:
So you don't play MP then....because I'm pretty sure you can't play it with beta 1.6.0 with any mods at all. You don't care about custom servers, you probably haven't even tried TW crappy servers and had the pleasure of them crashing, been unable to support friendly fire (because they crash), kick half the population in the server because anti-cheat is bugged, or the unnecessarily long waiting time for the map to start (and no its not waiting for more players or loading the map). You probably don't even have a clue about battle mode, or ever experienced large clan battles.

You jumped into this thread and commented on something you don't care about and clearly don't have a clue about - do you feel stupid now?

*PtitCon be like
200.gif
Best to just put trolls like him on the ignore list and move on. It's just not worth the aggravation.

It took 3 days to create custom servers for one modder, but because of whatever policy, TW has not released them yet. Shutting the modder down because he makes you look incompetent? So what? I am sorry to tell you, but you do look incompetent without his input already.

Why do we have to run in freaking circles all the time? We ask for more communication, seemingly get it and then radio silence again. Why can’t you just come forward and make statements about topics that community considers to be important? That’s what community managers are for. I am so fed up of this. Why can other studios openly communicate with their community, but here, there’s either “soon”, “we can’t talk about it yet” or just silence? You’re so lucky that M&B is the only game of its kind and I hope it changes at some point.. But yeah, that probably doesn’t matter anyway, you don’t have to care once people buy your game.
I am frustrated and yet, I am not even exaggerating. I guess that a voice chat in Skirmish is more important than developing custom servers.

We will be looking at releasing custom server files closer to, or even after, the full release of the game. We still have a lot of work left to do on multiplayer and would like to finish implementing our planned features first.

It won't feel like the full release until custom servers are added in, so I hope it is certainly a priority for or before release. It's good to at least have it acknowledged however.

Back
Top Bottom