Custom servers rant.

Users who are viewing this thread

We will be looking at releasing custom server files closer to, or even after, the full release of the game. We still have a lot of work left to do on multiplayer and would like to finish implementing our planned features first.
Here's my honest suggestion, throw down the bin all the work you want to do on mp and release custom servers. If you weren't so proud of your work you would see that the community is dead and only custom servers could revive it.

Well. Returning players will see the 2.0 update and try BL one last time. Then they will se no real meat have been added (please prove me wrong) and never touch BL again

We will be looking at releasing custom server files closer to, or even after, the full release of the game. We still have a lot of work left to do on multiplayer and would like to finish implementing our planned features first.
With all due respect, I think that not giving the community a chance to iron out the kinks of MP mods and community servers before launch hurts the player retention of new players coming in. The more stable the servers are, the longer the community is going to last.

How can you even say custom servers could be released AFTER your game is fully released.

Saying custom servers are not a thing that should be in the full release of the game baffles me.

Oh God so I was right (hoping I would be wrong), MP is going to take years before its done. We won't see any of the more favourite aspects from Warband until later, much much later. Clans may as well just give up, unless they are into Skirmish. We arn't going to see improved servers for a while, battle mode, custom servers - that are basically the lifeblood of clans.

Jump ship! Get out, Taleworlds MP is sinking!
c8450d5976b3d2612b8905deab2bcf5e.gif

Make a survey. Pretty sure the community that you managed so poorly cares less about your plan features than having custom servers and MP mods. There won't be anyone left when you finish implementing your "planned features".

I appreciate the communication, but frankly: TaleWorlds is completly out of touch with what players actually want. If noones left playing, noone will care for your planned features.

@Callum what is wrong with already working Create a game option that implemented and leaked multiple times. the team works realy fast when those things happens, what is the explaniton for it. The only explanation that i heard from NIN3 was calling that thing as "Developer Tool" bs. (Something that simple and important is not a developer tool and never was also in Warband)

2dbd94f4cd73f0c1087b0085ef280310.png

there is no reason to deactivate option to able to host games from ingame multiple times. As a company, your silence about this matter is doing great harm to the gaming/modding community.

Edit:

custom server files maybe not ready for consumer use but able to host servers ingame is ready, since beta (maybe alpha) and for some reason tw not lets us to use it and when it leaks, they urgently patch it.Always, when it is leaked, Mp dev team always works very fast for it unknown(!) reason. I expect same for the work they need to do and implementing planned features and bug fixes like sound of doom (still not fixed). But we see the outcome that I don't even need to touch it to see.

According to the explanations from Taleworlds, they are constantly complaining about a small number of developers in a mp side but there is also a thing that we should not forget. Warband is not developed with big number of developers. Because of that i am sorry but all off the complains about small team is bull**** to me. Also small team means faster decisions. Not waiting months and years to do something.

Last edited:
Because of that i am sorry but all off the complains about small team is bull**** to me. Also small team means faster decisions. Not waiting months and years to do something.
I guess you could as well say there might be more micromanagement/longer decision route now than 10 years ago. Also experienced devs being replaced with newer ones

In case it wasn't crystal clear to you why Bannerlord MP is dead: this is the reason.

Such poor decision making from TW yet again. Everything about the MP is bad and the plans for it are sad!

@Callum
Does this mean that you aren't sure if you still have to decide if there will be custom servers or just when they will be released?
"When," never "if." It's a travesty that they're being pushed back so long, and I can't think of a single benefit to the survival of MP that might outweigh the cost of such a long delay, but they're not going to cut custom servers.

So, how about TW focusses on MP instead of doing a "Regions" map for singleplayer and implementing new armors.... you know... focus on things that people actually want? There'll be plenty of time for SP, AFTER u revived your game. The fact, that the successor to one of the most successful games on Steam is dead after just over a year, is actually kinda sad.

So, how about TW focusses on MP instead of doing a "Regions" map for singleplayer and implementing new armors.... you know... focus on things that people actually want? There'll be plenty of time for SP, AFTER u revived your game. The fact, that the successor to one of the most successful games on Steam is dead after just over a year, is actually kinda sad.
You know, it's possible for them to do more than one thing at a time, especially when they have sub-teams that can only do specific work. Think about it instead of trying to see the situation as either SP or MP must lose.

You know, it's possible for them to do more than one thing at a time, especially when they have sub-teams that can only do specific work. Think about it instead of trying to see the situation as either SP or MP must lose.
I mean evidently they can't work on two things at the same time. Otherwise this game wouldn't be the pile of human excrement it is.

Back
Top Bottom