Custom order items prices

Users who are viewing this thread

gesia

Regular
I searched the forum, but couldn't find anything on that, so...

The custom order prices annoy me, because they are far too high. 100,000 thaler for a pistol? Seriously, what were they smoking?

Anyway, I tried changing the price in itemkinds.txt, but that didn't do anything. Somewhat makes sense, since you don't buy them at the marketplace but get them through a game script. Did a string search on all the module files, but came up empty. Hence, I'm assuming it's stored in compiled script or something. (Great programming, what do they have external files for if they then hardcode prices...)

Does anybody have an idea how these prices could be changed without reading through the entire module system source code?

Thank in advance!

You can use Ctrl+X to give yourself money if you can't afford the items. Or export your character in the statistics screen to give yourself gold.

Edit: Also, the reason the items are so expensive is because money is ridiculously easy to make by trading and/or looting villages.

Once I had a town, I was absolutely rolling in the money. Even a village's tax can add up. The prices start to make more sense when seen in that context

Ros said:
Once I had a town, I was absolutely rolling in the money. Even a village's tax can add up. The prices start to make more sense when seen in that context

By now I noticed that too. That makes it better, but I still think it's very unbalanced. (Considering what you earn doing tasks from lords etc.)

I suggest QWW's "War getting worse" mod.

Handcrafted items are actually worth it then! (well, most of them)

Already downloaded it before you told me to. I always appreciate re-balancing and additional items.

I just wish Floris mod pack would work with FaS - I miss it so much  :grin:

Edit: Especially graphics overhaul, companion inventories, pre-battle orders, the better balancing... They just did everything right that the developers of FaS failed at. And that's a lot.

gesia said:
Already downloaded it before you told me to. I always appreciate re-balancing and additional items.

I just wish Floris mod pack would work with FaS - I miss it so much  :grin:

Edit: Especially graphics overhaul, companion inventories, pre-battle orders, the better balancing... They just did everything right that the developers of FaS failed at. And that's a lot.

id be happy just getting the good old warband features. The game seems only half done if i cant make my own nation and rofl stomp the known world :twisted:

In native only firearms are worth to buy in the town center.

You may mod the values in the editor or download a mod.
I increased these item stats too in my minimod.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,195421.0.html

Csatádi said:
In native only firearms are worth to buy in the town center.

You may mod the values in the editor or download a mod.
I increased these item stats too in my minimod.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,195421.0.html

Looks really good. Is it compatible with WGW?

It is compatible - with a little tweaking...  :lol:

Edit: If we were having a conversation at the mall you wouldn't ask me to come to your place just to ask an addtional question, would you? :wink:

Back
Top Bottom