Resolved Scene Editor Custom map mains will not load in game anymore after update

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main

Lonewarrior

Sergeant
My custom main map crashes when I try to start a new campaign, usually this can be solved after an update by opening the editor and saving the map in an up to date version of the editor.
I have done this and it still crashes.

I can load the map in the editor and save it but now it just crashes at the start of a new campaign with nothing else running.

The exact moment it crashes is after the character creation is complete, it just locks up the game and doesn’t even go to the loading screen when you select “start game”

Last edited:
Were you able yo use the crash uploader after the crashes? It is nearly impossible for us to reproduce most of the editor crashes. With an uploaded dump file of the crash, we can debug the issue. If you are still experiencing this issue please use the crash uploader and send us the crash identifier so that we can find it. You will see the identifier after the upload is completed and you can copy it on the dialogue window.

Were you able yo use the crash uploader after the crashes? It is nearly impossible for us to reproduce most of the editor crashes. With an uploaded dump file of the crash, we can debug the issue. If you are still experiencing this issue please use the crash uploader and send us the crash identifier so that we can find it. You will see the identifier after the upload is completed and you can copy it on the dialogue window.
Yeah I can understand that. Is there anything that has been changed in this update on the main map? Have an assets been deleted for example like maybe an icon or model replaced with something else?

No as there is no actual crash by the looks of things, the game is still running in task manager and just never actually loads anything. I have checked the crash logs and they are not getting updated, im guessing because the game is still running and it doesnt think anything is wrong.

It seems like the game thinks its still trying to load and that nothing appears wrong, it kinda just locks the game after pressing start game

Last edited:

Solved.

No idea how, but after about 30 different attempts it suddenly loaded it and haven’t had a problem since. No idea at all what caused it or why it’s now working.

Back
Top Bottom