In Progress Scene Editor Custom main maps have had severe issues for several updates now

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
Unmodded
I created some video to show exactly what is the issue.
Short summary - we need to change the tileset from WorldMap to None and use our own vista. (which is painted outside of scene editor)
This first video shows that the painted terrain is working in the Scene Editor but when the map is loaded in the game it is not there.
Just a side note - the quality of the vista is also worse in game as in Scene Editor.
-
Another video with the original tileset - WorldMap. This is not customizable at all.
-
I've been informed that this issue is fixed and we are hoping to push it to the game as soon as possible!

On top of the already existing issues in this thread, trying to replace the snow flowmap crashes the game, also, replacing the wave map doesnt seem to do anything, I dont know if these are related to the existing issues, and if fixing the navmesh and elevation issues will solve these two issues, but something else to throw onto the list of Campaign map things that cause trouble

Just to continue this, on the 1.6.0 update the heightmap and navmesh issue is still there, I know its on the continue to work on section of the 1.6.0 modding forum post Dejan made, but I figured in case anyone wasn't sure if it had been fixed yet (and to pester TaleWorlds into doing it faster hopefully lol).

e1.6.1 introduced two new scene entities border_min and border_max to vary campaign map size so it isn't hardcoded to Calradia's. They are located at the extreme corners of the map with a z height of zero for border_min and 620 for border_max to enclose a 3D space.
Additionally, we must make a 1024x1024 version of any modded world's heightmap named "Main_map_physics_heightmap" to override Calradia's hard-coded terrain heights. I'm advised that this is a temporary fix that will be upgraded later. As I'm currently on holiday, I'll test it on my return. I'm sure TW would appreciate confirmation from anyone able to test it quicker on their world map.
Edit - seems overriding Main_map_physics_heightmap doesn't work, so we'll have to wait for the more permanent solution.
Post in thread 'e1.6.0-e1.6.1 Modding Adjustments & Access Modifiers Changes'

Update: Urist_McAurelian#2289 has updated his general modding patches mod and renamed it Aurelian MapFix, allowing worldmaps to circumvent Main_map_physics_heightmap on e1.6.1 and e1.6.2

Last edited:
I created some video to show exactly what is the issue.
Short summary - we need to change the tileset from WorldMap to None and use our own vista. (which is painted outside of scene editor)
This first video shows that the painted terrain is working in the Scene Editor but when the map is loaded in the game it is not there.
Just a side note - the quality of the vista is also worse in game as in Scene Editor.

Another video with the original tileset - WorldMap. This is not customizable at all.

Is this issue back in 1.6.3 and 1.6.4. Both versions are not painting the terrain layers in game.
I experience even some editor crashes when adding/painting layers... more specifically when I try to save the scene after modifications.

Are you still experiencing this issue on the latest version of the game?
My custom main_map_physics_heightmap, which worked with some earlier versions is ignored in v1.1.2 (has been the case for a number of versions), resulting in player icons etc moving underground or flying:
XsYZq.jpg

So, everyone continues to use Aurelian's MapFix and a modded_main_map and avoids naming their campaign map Main_map to escape from hardcoded problems with heightmaps and layer flora (the latter cause crashes using Main_map on exit from a settlement mission scene).
I've never been able to generate a basic campaign map navmesh since the editor was changed to remove the option for a simple grid. I now import a pre-saved grid and adjust vertex heights to new terrain for new maps. Also lots of others struggle/fail getting auto navmeshes generated for scenes (see lots of posts on the bl_scenes channel of the Mount & Blade Modding discord). There are a lot of modding issues with campaign maps which have been raised with @Dejan

Last edited:
Thank you. Forwarded!
@MArdA TaleWorlds, are you able to tell whether there is any progress here?

AFAIK this issue makes impossible to update/align some mods to 1.1.x version - and here I am talkign about quite popular mods, like Calradia Expanded.

I understand TW DEV are occupied by a lot of tasks fixing problems with vanilla/clean version, yet it'd be great to unblock some modders, as one of the very strong sides of M&B series was modding comminity etc.

Back
Top Bottom