• If you are reporting a bug, please head over to our Technical Support section for Bannerlord.
  • If you are posting SP feedback without an actual suggestion, please head over to The Keep - Singleplayer section.
  • Please note that we've updated the Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord save file system which requires you to take certain steps in order for your save files to be compatible with e1.7.1 and any later updates. You can find the instructions here.

Custom Formations (Single Player)

Users who are viewing this thread

Nate I

Recruit
Hi it is Nate again, I have an idea to use one of the open F keys to command troops or armies into custom formations mid-battle. In my mind, you could have an interface where you draw a shape for a particular formation, such as a "Reverse U" shape to place your archers around a hill but not behind it, and then save it to an f key, such as f1. So to command this custom formation, you would just hit f8 then f1.

This could be expanded upon to what I would call "Army Formations" i.e you draw a line of formation 6- heavy infantry with shields raised, and a line directly behind them of form 1-infantry. This type of customization would allow for quicker form changes as the battle progresses. Obviously, this formation I used as an example can already be done simply with the base commands, but you could design more complex formations with this which I think would be very interesting for players.

Top Bottom