Custom dialogue addition uses wrong text in-game

Users who are viewing this thread

I've added a dialogue to Lords, which works on a functional level, but which yields the wrong text when activated in game.
Code:
  [anyone ,"start", [(neg|troop_has_item_equipped, "trp_player", "itm_swed_civil_a"),
                     (troop_slot_eq,"$g_talk_troop",slot_troop_occupation, slto_kingdom_hero),
                     (le,"$talk_context",tc_siege_commander),                                  
                     ],
  "I will not speak to one who cannot dress adequately for nobility.", "close_window",[(eq,"$talk_context",tc_party_encounter),(assign, "$g_leave_encounter", 1)]],

Instead of the text I have added, other texts appear, primarily a text from the Quest where you guide a Merchant Caravan to a specific city:
(I see the walls of {s3} right ahead! We arrive a last. Here is your reward, {reg3} thaler -- I hope it is enough! And I do hope we meet again).
I've tried moving my dialogue entry up and down the document to see if it's some sort of prioritisation error, but the only result is that I get a different random dialogue string from the game. Why is the game confused about what line to show?

Well, for the record, I managed to figure out what was wrong. In one of the translation files, dialogs.csv, the line of text is replaced with that Quest dialogue, owing to its position in the script (I guess the way I placed it means that it's the fourth dialogue entry in the script that closes the window?):
Code:
dlga_start:close_window.4|I see the walls of {s3} right ahead! We arrive a last. Here is your reward, {reg3} thaler -- I hope it is enough! And I do hope we meet again.
When I removed this from the .csv file, the text showed up in my game as intended. There really aren't enough warnings in the tutorials out there about what headaches the translation files can cause.

Back
Top Bottom