SP Native Custom Commander v1.396 for Warband 1.165+ (source code included)

Users who are viewing this thread

If that was addressed to me, than that's not the reason why I ask for v1.327. Rubic disabled top-tier troop limit in v1.336 (and I'm very thankful to him for that). But that version is laggy, due to some AI (I presume) changes in WB 1.143 which pretty much reduces performance and gives lags. I never had such lags with 150 battlesizer in 1.134, but now, even with 100 and lower battlesize the game is screwed.

I reversed Warband to 1.134, but CC 1.336 still lags (because it prolly contains all those changes of WB 1.143). That is why I need CC v1.327 for proper, un-laggy enjoyeble game.

trueten said:
I reversed Warband to 1.134, but CC 1.336 still lags (because it prolly contains all those changes of WB 1.143). That is why I need CC v1.327 for proper, un-laggy enjoyeble game.
The Warband 1.143 module system didn't make any changes to things around battle, so if you are running it on a 1.134 engine, the lag you are seeing is not due to any Warband changes.

I could post the compiled CC 1.319, or the Module System for CC 1.325, but that seems to be all I have sitting around the hard-drive.

Caba`drin said:
The Warband 1.143 module system didn't make any changes to things around battle, so if you are running it on a 1.134 engine, the lag you are seeing is not due to any Warband changes.
I'm not sure about that. At first, I've noticed that troops are not running from battle completely anymore. Now they run several paces, that turn back and continue fighting. It might be rubik's improvement though.
I could deal with those lags by simply opening some game menu during the fight. Then fps refreshes and the battle runs smoothly, but few seconds later the lags appear again.

Another problem could be some changes about the sound format. In 1.134 wav sounds improved performance, while in 1.143 it doesn't changes a thing. :neutral:

Anyway, I have all versions of CC from 1.310 to 1.336, but I accidentally deleted v1.327 archieve, and it's the only version I need atm.

trueten said:
Caba`drin said:
I'm not sure about that. At first, I've noticed that troops are not running from battle completely anymore. Now they run several paces, that turn back and continue fighting. It might be rubik's improvement though.
Double checked and it appears that I did overlook the one change that was made, apologies. A few scripting errors were fixed in the script "apply_effect_of_other_people_on_courage_scores", which may result in the effect you describe. Even so, this shouldn't affect lag.

epic mod only thing i was a 1000 desert bandits attacked me and i had almost no money and only 35 troops seriously that is not very nice

Hi. Im using Native mod compilation, which has this mod integrated, but one thing that bothers me, i set up reinforcement waves to the max value, 100, but when i started besieging a town(garrison: 335 + lord party 95 = total: 430) i ended up at the walls with 277 enemy casualties, in the street with 35 and 5 inside, which doesn't add up to 430. In standard battle it seems it works. So, how could i make it work or change mission_templates or what? I tried TweakMB, but all reinforcement waves/troop threshold options are disabled. And yes, i have a crappy pc at the time and can't really have 200+ battlesize :sad: . Thank anyone, who will try to help.

Hi,

i need some help at the combat minmap.

I want to add it to vanilla Warband and i am not able to do it. My Warband modding skills are not good enough to add it.

Aim is to create a mod that adds only the incombat minimap with more or less ease.

Maybe someone can help me?

Kindest regards

Kulturbanause

Search here - http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,64.0.html

Or ask here - http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,6575.7785.html

for the features you want to implement.

This section is filled more with common players, rather than modders.

Rubik, I sincerely admire your work. You are very imaginative in your ideas and use truly elegant code to implement them. You have my respect.

I have two suggestions for you to consider:

*I think that after you changed (doubled) the amount of units and the price that trade items have in the last update, the whole enterprise-in-town feature got messed up, since the algorithm there just counts the number of items, regardless of the unit number. If you test it quickly you might see that it is hard to find some profitable enterprise, most of them being negative profit. Maybe you want to check that out.

*Maybe you want to consider finding a willing volunteer to collaborate with the redaction of the English in-game texts for you.

All in all, your work is great.

----------------

CardsFan said:
Hi. Im using Native mod compilation, which has this mod integrated, but one thing that bothers me, i set up reinforcement waves to the max value, 100, but when i started besieging a town(garrison: 335 + lord party 95 = total: 430) i ended up at the walls with 277 enemy casualties, in the street with 35 and 5 inside, which doesn't add up to 430. In standard battle it seems it works. So, how could i make it work or change mission_templates or what? I tried TweakMB, but all reinforcement waves/troop threshold options are disabled. And yes, i have a crappy pc at the time and can't really have 200+ battlesize :sad: . Thank anyone, who will try to help.

Hi there, sad man.

I think you are confused about a few concepts, and I will bother to clarify them to you, just because.

First, those enemies that you dont get to fight and kill in a siege (aka 430 - (277+35+5)), are taken as prisioners. So maybe you dont need to feel so sad; they are defeated after all.

Second, the reinforcement waves that you can choose in the options of this mod modifies only the number of respawns each side gets in a given battle - standard field battle, that's it. For this reason, the number of waves you set there wont have any effect whatsoever on sieges, since THAT number of waves is defined in a different part in the source code (If I remember right, sieges with ladders is sth like 6 waves, and sieges with towers 9 or so) and as far as I can see, rubik hasn't connected the mod options to those reinforcements yet. All battle types have different settings (field batlle, ladder siege, tower siege, bandit ambush in cities, etc) and they are defined in mission_templates.

Third, you are on the right track. In mission_templates you could (manually) tweak the number of troops spawning in both the street and castle mini-battles. Personally, I always like to add a few troops in both battles because I find them epic and sadly too short. I cant bother to look up in which line it is defined, but if you looked at the MageLord tweak posts, you could easily find out, and just as easily, figure out how to do those changes also in warband. -- If you wanted to have more reinforcement waves in sieges, also in the MageLord's post you can find instructions about how to do it.

Fourth, as a side note, even if you had a powerful computer, I wouldnt recommend you to play those massive sieges you are talking about with a too big battle size, since that kind of battle tends to create the known "bottle neck" effect and become EXTREMELY boring, with about hundred people shouting from the wall, hundred shouting down the ladder, and merely about 5 or 6 doing the actual fighting where both ladder and wall meet. The most fun sieges are actually with many reinforcement waves, very small battle size (around 30), and plenty of troops spawning on both the streets and castle. :wink:

See: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,46290.0/topicseen.html

trueten said:
Search here - http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,64.0.html

Or ask here - http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,6575.7785.html

for the features you want to implement.

This section is filled more with common players, rather than modders.

Thank you for your reply. I wrote my request for help into the Mount & Blade Mod Makers Q&A Thread.

Greetings

Hey I love your mod, but I was wondering if someone could help me disable the commensalism script I'm not that good with this type of stuff  :?:

I keep getting an error message saying "cannot find mesh "warhorse_chain". and a couple of other horses, and my knights are riding around on invisible horses. How can I fix this?

I too, along with the others who have posted before, am very interested in the "Commander" portion of this mod.

Has anyone had any luck seperating that out? It sounds like a very good addition to the game, but I don't want all the other balance changes.

Back
Top Bottom