SP Native Custom Commander v1.396 for Warband 1.165+ (source code included)

Users who are viewing this thread

rubik

Squire
Download link:
http://mountandblade.nexusmods.com/mods/1851

Hi,everyone. I'm from china. I come here to introduce my mod.
Credits:
fisheye      Autoloot-source
Mordachai  Save-game compatibility for global variable changes

As the title suggests, this modification will allow you (the player) to pick a hero (this includes your character of course) to control in battle so that they fare better in combat. As a bonus, this means that as long as there is a NPC who is not wounded, you do not have to resort to auto-resolving fights (as anyone who has played M&B knows, auto-resolve is not exactly the best way to finish fights...).

But I digress, for this is but one of the many new features available in this mod that you may uncover (the rest are listed below, don't worry). Right now this is little more than the beginnings of a mod, you can safely expect to see more features added in the future (and they won't all be centered around the title). Currently however, the main objective is to add a few features other mods might not have.

P.S.: Let us get some things straight first, I will not be adding any new weapons or armours into this mod, nor will I spin a bunch of fabricated places, names, items or troop types. If you wish to play what amounts to a reskin of M&B, this mod will hold NOTHING of interest to you. Free to use the source code, just don't forget to give me credit for it.

Upgrade Note:
v1.329 is update on 30/4/2011 (New game required)
# Troop promotion: almost all top-tier troops can't upgrade from second-tier troops, they can only promoted from second-tier troops with a certain ratio. It's automatic and no cost.
    The promotion ratio is 1/4 for cavalry, and 1/3 for footmen and archers. The number of  top-tier troops and second-tier troops will be also auto-balanced all the time with these two ratioes.
    This rule is for all parties. Now any party can't be full with top-tier troops. The max ratio of top-tier cavalry for a party is 1/4, and with 3/4 second-tier cavalry at the same time.
    You can check it out in Reports menu ==> Troop upgade trees. The red lines are for promotions, the ratioes are showed on them.
# The max amount of war booties is 960 now! not 96. You can browse them by pages. NPCs can also pick all war booties if they have space.
# Cavalry choose their weapons by its speed. They choose short weapon when in lower speed and choose lancers or bows when in higher speed.
# Lords are accomplished in some terrains, the movement speed of its party on the world map will be increased. They are also not accomplished in some other terrains, its movement speed will be decreased. For example, Lords from Vaegirs are accomplished in snowfield, and not accomplished in deserts.
# Various fixes and tweaks.

v1.327 is update on 28/2/2011 (New game required)
# 16 new castles.
# Remove all settings about Critical Strike.
# Attack from behind can case 50% extra damage.
# You can recruit female rangers from the ranger master and ask travelers for the location of him.
  You can convert mercenary to rangers by talking with them, so did the female troops.
# You can meet the guild masters of towns from the town menu only after you had paid a visit to them.

v1.326 is update on 25/1/2011
# Reduce the chance of Critical Strike greatly, character's weapon proficiency can also reduce the chance of Critical Strike caused by the same type of weapon. Reduce the chance of Critical Strike received to a half for heroes. Attack from behind can bring up the the chance of Critical Strike to three times.
# Characters which on foot can cause double damage to horses with polearms.
# Only one half of bandit parties will follow the relative bandit hero party and the left will roam freely.
# AI parties can fight at night now, the battle speed between them is one half when in daytime.
# Increase the spawn speed of bandits.

v1.325 is update on 4/1/2011
* Fix various bugs on Critical Strike. It's more suitable now.

v1.324 is update on 24/12/2010 (New game required)
# Critical Strike! There is a chance of doing double damage. It depends on the character's weapon proficiency of its current weapon. Some special weapons such as the Killer's Bow also increases the chance of critical strike.
# Remove the settings of two weapon upgrade plans for NPCs. Only one weapon upgrade plans like BOW now.
# The troops of enemies' castles and towns will be always visible now.
# Various fixes and tweaks

v1.321 is update on 20/9/2010 (New game required)
# Change the personal guards back to the Rangers which from BOW.
    Male rangers can be recruited from the ONLY ranger master which appearance in a random tavern.
    Male rangers can be upgraded from villagers, female rangers can be upgraded from peasant women.
    Remake the troop upgrade tree for rangers which can be checked in reports menu -> View troop upgrade trees.
    Rangers are good at all combat skills and have all types of weapons for you to equip them freely.
# High-level troops need more XP to upgrade.
# Towns, castles and villages are not visible at the beginning of the game and will be always visible after you had discovered them once.
# Remove the new skill-Comprehension and restore the feature that intelligence can influence the extract XP.
# Each bandit heroes have 10 random names and their faces are also random.
# The names of all NPCs, travelers, booksellers, ransom broke are hidden before you talk with them once.

v1.320 is update on 6/9/2010 (savegame is compatibled with 1.316~1.319)
# The HP bars on troops' heads will be scaled automatically by distance
# The HP bars which blocked by something will not be displayed
# Horse archers won't switch weapons to melee weapons before they run out of their ammo.
# Customizable troops can be recruited in taverns instead of villages

v1.318 is update on 1/8/2010 (savegame is compatibled with 1.316 and 1.317)

Features removed.
#.  Increasing proficiency in a weapon type now gives bonuses as listed below:
----------------------------
Every increase of the following weapon proficiencies by 120 gives the bonuses listed below
1-handed weapons: +1 Agi, +1 +1 Shield
2-handed weapons: +1 Str, +1 Power Strike
Polearms: +1 Power Strike, +1 Riding
Archery: +1 Agi, +1 Power Draw
Crossbows: +1 Str, +1 Agi
Throwing weapons: +1 Str, +1 Power Throw

# Player can increase persuade skill by 1 by recruiting prisoners for 50 times.

# Heroes will get extra experience points(by ratio) because of their intelligence points in battles.

# New skill: Comprehension. It's base on intelligence. This skill increases the amount of experience obtained in battles by 8% per skill level. (Personal skill)  Max level: 15
# New character creation system, all questions and answers about your background are in one interface. You can create a new character easily.
# Cavalry will choose the right weapons from weapons which they equipped(not from their hole inventory).When they are on horses, they will prefer to use lances and switch to other weapons when they are on foot.
# Horse archers won't switch weapons to melee weapons before they run out of their ammo.
# Rhodok sergeants will switch weapons to the glaive when they are close to the enemies if they had equipped it on back, and switch to a shield with an one-handed weapon when the enemies are far away to defense the enemies' arrows or bolts.
# Customizable troops can be renamed in the upgrade tree of them in reports menu.

Features:
#. Add a new menu before encounter that can choose NPC(unwounded) to be the leader instead of player .

#.  "Auto loot"(thanks to fisheye)
    Autoloot improvements by me:
    Reorganized how NPCs will choose their loots, they will accord to the performance instead of the price.
    Auto-choosing readable books, put the books into the booty and NPCs will choose the books their like.
      After auto-loot, NPCs will read the book by themselves, do not need talk and order them to read anymore.
      After finishing the book, NPCs will throw it into the booty and let others choose.
    Make a new equipment management interface for autoloot.
    Every NPC has two sets of weapons and also two sets of weapon upgrading settings. You can easily toggle between the two sets.

54726830201005191909591423189785428_006_640.jpg

# Auto-selling system
    Could choose the price limit for the auto-sold items
    Could choose which kind of items will be auto-sold in to detail
    Foods, trade goods and books could not be auto-sold
    Unlock NPCs' inventory, and NPCs will take all the surplus loots by themselves
    NPCs will auto-sell their loots and there is no need to translate the loots to players from NPCs any more. NPCs will revceive the money and show the associated information.
    The total weight of items in NPCs' inventory will affect the party's moving speed.
    Auto-selling options shows up on the town and village's menu that let NPCs to trade with all merchants in the town (or with the village older) automatically. Auto-selling stops when all merchants run out of money or space.
    The order of auto-selling is form the bottom of the party list to the player, and they will sell cheap itms first.
    NPCs' auto-choosing equitpemts does not affect their auto-looting, they will put the remainder into the loot pool and let others choose. and throw from the most expensive item until the loot pool is full. After autoloot, the remainder will auto-talken by NPCs.

#.  The skill 'Path-finding' increases Party map speed by 6% per skill level.
#.  If you enounter stronger enemies and leaving some soldiers behind to cover your retreat or after escaping, the movement speed will be twice the normal speed for half an hour (game time), then it will return to normal .
#.  A few changes to Native models, made a flying arrow model of my own, now flying arrows are more... immersive.
#.  Heroes(player, 16NPCs, lords and kings) will get extra weapon points when he kill/stun a enemy troop. The amount of points depends on the xp gaind and the hero's skill level of Weapon master.
#.  Add a mystic merchant to the taverns of towns. You can gamble with him like the Diablo II. You will see many items, but you can't see the prefix and the true price of the items. You will cost the money of the same item without a prefix, then you may get an item with a good prefix or maybe an item with a bad prefix.
#. Troops in lords' parties or their towns or castles and also kingdom caravans will be sorted by the level of troops every 24 hours.
#. The horse' HP will influence its speed, if the horse' HP is lower, its speed will be lower
#. Custom camera for battles:
    Key up: raise the camera
    Key down: lower the camera
    Key left: zoom out
    Key right: zoom in

When any arrow key is clicked, the manual mode will be enbled, no need to press any keys to toggle the mode. If the left Ctrl key is pressed, the movement of the camera will be five times more. Press R or `or left Shift to end the manual mode.

#. You can view the upgrade trees of troops and all items in game.
54726830201005191909591423189785428_000_640.jpg

Upgrade trees of Swadia:
54726830201005191909591423189785428_005_640.jpg

Click on the avatar of the troops, you can check out the details about the equipments and skills of them:
54726830201005191909591423189785428_002_640.jpg

#. You can check out the effects of the prefix of an item with the prefix.
54726830201005191909591423189785428_001_640.jpg

#. Many mod options in camp menu.
54726830201005191909591423189785428_004_640.jpg

# You can recruit troops for your own towns or castles.
54726830201005191909591423189785428_003_640.jpg

# You can redefine the 4 keys for Custom Camera in camp menu.
# You can change the faction color of any factions in Camp menu.
# New quests about solving bandit heroes, you can take these quests from mayors in towns.
# Show shot distance on sceen when you hit anything with ranged weapons.
# Show next pay day (accurate to to an hour) in the reports menu, only take effect after you had payed once
# New skill: Comprehension. It's base on intelligence. This skill increases the amount of experience obtained in battles by 8%% per skill level. (Personal skill)  Max level: 15
# New character creation system, all questions and answers about your background are in one interface. You can a new character easily.
# Cavalry will choose the right weapons from weapons which they equipped(not from their hole inventory).When they are on horses, they will prefer to use lances and switch to other weapons when they are on foot.
# Rhodok sergeants will switch weapons to the glaive when they are close to the enemies if they had equipped it on back, and switch to a shield with an one-handed weapon when the enemies are far away to defense the enemies' arrows or bolts.
# Customizable troops can be renamed in the upgrade tree of them in reports menu.

you have got to be kidding me!
:evil:
READ ABOVE ... LOOKS LIKE EASY ENGLISH!

thx for the great Mod (Or whatever) ! Great work!

Wow wow wow! The features are incredible! I didn't even realise i wanted these features in WB untill i read this thread lol.

A very great mod Rubik, awesome.

shinji said:
you have got to be kidding me!
:evil:
READ ABOVE ... LOOKS LIKE EASY ENGLISH!

thx for the great Mod (Or whatever) ! Great work!
Actually, I was joking, but when I posted that, it didn't have any information. It just said 80% done and had download links, so Yukimura Sanada wasn't wrong in asking what it does.

This mod sounds amazing! The only problem is, I have other mods installed and this is packed like a separate module. Could anyone help me merge it with my current module?

This mod looks very promising, especially the function to allow your named NPCs to continue leading the battle.

I'm not entirely sure how Auto-loot and Auto-sell work, though. Could anyone clarify that for me, please?

Has this mod the option to enable automatic distribution of companions skills? I hate to do it manually every time. They're individual, so I want let them grow by themself.

There seem to be a -lot- fewer bandits, which makes getting by in the early game very difficult with nothing to kill...other than that, this mod's looking great!

raul-1 said:
is this possible to merge it alnog with pike and blade?

Only if you got both source code. Then compile it. But as far as i see only this mod source code is available so the answer is no.

Hey, is there a download link for the source code? This mod is cool, but some of the changes aren't my cup of tea, and I don't have the code-fu necessary to read numbers as words and change it from there.

Or do I just not understand something and the source code is in the module files that you've already provided?

Anyway, thanks!

Aeon221 said:
Hey, is there a download link for the source code? This mod is cool, but some of the changes aren't my cup of tea, and I don't have the code-fu necessary to read numbers as words and change it from there.

Or do I just not understand something and the source code is in the module files that you've already provided?

Anyway, thanks!

All source code is included in the folder of source which you can find it in the MOD.

Back
Top Bottom