SP Native Custom Commander v1.396 for Warband 1.165+ (source code included)

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi I was wondering when i download this file it comes up as a 72 File i don' :smile:t know what to do please help cant get to work oh and all how do you get a RAR file to work thanks please reply need help....=)

concon29 said:
Hi I was wondering when i download this file it comes up as a 72 File i don' :smile:t know what to do please help cant get to work oh and all how do you get a RAR file to work thanks please reply need help....=)

It is a .7z file or 7-zip. Download the program 7-zip (it is freeware and open source) and you can extract it. WinRAR should be able to extract .7z files as well, but that is technically shareware. (Google should help swimmingly to get you this far.) After that, the Custom Commander folder goes into your Warband installation folder, within the Modules folder.

First off, I have to say that this mod completely revitalized M&B:Warband for me...  Auto-sell, my private band of mute Companions*, quick face-to-face talks with known officials in a Town/City... Just amazing.  (*Note: Previously I've only played a pure Native game... CC v1.327 is my first mod install for M&B:Warband[Achievement Acquired: Community Service])

I currently have my party medic buffed with a couple stat books, and Artimenner is currently perusing my copy of Essays on Logic in our downtime (sweet!).  The party loot system has freeed up my inventory for carrying supplies, the odd replacement weapon/armor and horse on the mend.

One thing I've searched for (read through this entire thread, and various google strings) is a comprehensive list of additions to the game via this mod... I know that the initial post claims that there are no cosmetic changes or additions, but I've come across a few new things that I didn't expect**:

- Inventory Stat books not in my recollection of Native M&B:Warband.  (+Spotting, +Pathfinding)

- After an exceptionally impressive battle (~12 Companions, ~17 Nord Infantry of varying rank, 35 Rodok Veteran Crossbowmen vs. ~200 Sea Raiders) I was given a pair of Lordly drops (including text message in purple reporting the bonus loot).

- I noticed that the Auto-Sell Configuration includes checkboxes for Pistols, Muskets, and applicable ammunition. (Are these activated by CC, or was this just to cover all the bases?) 

- On my pilgrimage to pick up the Rivacheg chest for some free armor for Ayelan, I noticed that the usual content were changed to several sets of boots (Strange, Black, & Khergit Guard), the Strange Short Sword, and a Polehammer.  Tihr's chest is also now available, and contains several chestpieces (Black, Khergit Guard, Strange, & Blue Plate?), as well as the Strange Greatsword. (Next up, heading back to Jelkala to check the last chest, and restock on some Rhodok Crossbows.)

**Note: Any of these could be unrelated to CC, but I'm pretty they are.

But no matter what, in the end, this mod has brought me back to Calradia and offering my axe to those who will pay for its use.

Edit - Whoops, missed this on second page... Bloody hell.
SilverHan said:
Hi, master Rubik
I see you have changed the scenes of Towns 2 and 5 (Tihr and Jelkala). Is this mean you add the bonus chests into? I didn't find them but will do.
And another question - Is 80% of Warband port complete include feature where the cities and castles recruit from their prisoners? If not - Do you intend to add this feature and/or other elements of kingdom management?
Thanks your Warband improvement by Custom Commander mod...

Seriously? Quoting yourself and double posting within 20 minutes? Have a touch of patience. Both things are against forum rules and simple polite etiquette.
Awrial3 said:
Where do you install this mod, im looking for the directions but i dont see them
Same way as you install any mod for Warband that doesn't have an .exe installer:
Unzip the file in your ...Warband\Modules\ directory. It's a .7z file, so you'll need WinRAR or 7-zip (free) to extract it. Google can help you find that.

Caba`drin said:
Seriously? Quoting yourself and double posting within 20 minutes? Have a touch of patience. Both things are against forum rules and simple polite etiquette.
Awrial3 said:
Where do you install this mod, im looking for the directions but i dont see them
Same way as you install any mod for Warband that doesn't have an .exe installer:
Unzip the file in your ...Warband\Modules\ directory. It's a .7z file, so you'll need WinRAR or 7-zip (free) to extract it. Google can help you find that.
ok so i just insert it into module's folder

Also, by way of forum introduction, there is a nice "Modify" button on the upper right hand corner where you can change/add to your post so you needn't double-post.
Awrial3 said:
What then after i unzip is that all... abd im srry im new at this
Caba`drin said:
Double check there isn't an extra folder when you extracted.
It should be ...\Modules\<Module Name>\<bunch of files and folders>
NOT
...\Modules\<Module Name>\<Another Folder with the Module Name>\<bunch of files and folders>
If that's good, then it should appear in your drop-down list when you start the game and you're set.

Caba`drin said:
Also, by way of forum introduction, there is a nice "Modify" button on the upper right hand corner where you can change/add to your post so you needn't double-post.
Awrial3 said:
What then after i unzip is that all... abd im srry im new at this
Caba`drin said:
Double check there isn't an extra folder when you extracted.
It should be ...\Modules\<Module Name>\<bunch of files and folders>
NOT
...\Modules\<Module Name>\<Another Folder with the Module Name>\<bunch of files and folders>
If that's good, then it should appear in your drop-down list when you start the game and you're set.
Thanks for the help and srry for the post just anxious to try this... thanx again

Hi. I love this mod, but i have a problem with it. Whenever i try to take part in a siege i cannot do so. The castle or town is being sieged, i can see the ''Under Siege'' on it, but i still cant do anything. Whenever i click on the town or castle it just throws me to the menu screen [ the one where you get to choose a meeting or go in the courtyard . Also all of the friendly troops just sit next to it and wait. I dont understand whats going on. Is no one attacking it or what? I've seen this many times.

Looks like there was an update yesterday.  I didn't see an announcement, but I opened WinMerge to compare the source code of 1.327 with 1.329... can anyone who's tried it out say how upgrading top-tier troops works with the new "commensialism" system?

Hi, Great mod.  Only one problem: It's pretty well ruined every other mod out there including WFaS.  Are there plans to port the features over to WFaS anytime soon? Alternatively, are there any other mods out there that allow you to select which hero you play as?

The update note for v1.329 is added on...

v1.329 is update on 30/4/2011 (New game required)
# Troop promotion: almost all top-tier troops can't upgrade from second-tier troops, they can only promoted from second-tier troops with a certain ratio. It's automatic and no cost.
    The promotion ratio is 1/4 for cavalry, and 1/3 for footmen and archers. The number of  top-tier troops and second-tier troops will be also auto-balanced all the time with these two ratioes.
    This rule is for all parties. Now any party can't be full with top-tier troops. The max ratio of top-tier cavalry for a party is 1/4, and with 3/4 second-tier cavalry at the same time.
    You can check it out in Reports menu ==> Troop upgade trees. The red lines are for promotions, the ratioes are showed on them.
# The max amount of war booties is 960 now! not 96. You can browse them by pages. NPCs can also pick all war booties if they have space.
# Cavalry choose their weapons by its speed. They choose short weapon when in lower speed and choose lancers or bows when in higher speed.
# Lords are accomplished in some terrains, the movement speed of its party on the world map will be increased. They are also not accomplished in some other terrains, its movement speed will be decreased. For example, Lords from Vaegirs are accomplished in snowfield, and not accomplished in deserts.
# Various fixes and tweaks.

:evil: when i try to load my character my game chrashes and says: "too many factions in file 33 exceeds 31."
plz help ive tried everything and have not played my guy in days  :sad:

I would like to apply a few aspects of this mod but I don't want the rest.

Is it possible to only have hero selection and item management and have the ability to interact with town leaders and guild managers from the menu without having all the other stuff that unbalances the game?

The problems I have found are frequent one-hit kills of my companions, lords that tell you to speak with them then run away at twice the speed you can run, kings that sit in their castle with full armies and say they don't have enough troops and horses die too easily (sometimes even with only 2 arrows).

Back
Top Bottom