SP Native Custom Banners and Uniforms Pack (CBU Pack)

Users who are viewing this thread

Compatible version
e1.1.5
I personally don't want to get rid of the backdrop color since its used to indicate the relationship ( Enemy, Ally, Neutral etc ) that's why I wanted to preserve that one in brushes.
I created a new brush for text to adjust the colors. Last one looks a bit better I think. Still, if you want, you can remove the background of course
Currently latest state is like this:
k2uFF.jpg

I just think it creates unneccessary clutter, i personally have no trouble tracking who i am at war with or which faction i belong to (lol), and i worry mostly about visibility when you do go at war, especially against factions with reddish color, and if you join Battania (it would be red text on red background and green text on green background)
Thank you so much for doing this, this is the only hope for any SP mod that doesen't use monocolor banners....so basically every mod ever :smile:

I can't wait for you to publish it!

Last edited:
I actually couldn't remove that stupid backdrop completely. Don't know where it's coming from ( assuming that its a brush since it's arrow-shaped ) I think it's programmatically added up on top of whatever you have. But I couldn't find that code piece as well.
In SettlementNameplateWidget.cs they are enforcing these values as Color for _currentNameplate
C#:
private void SetNameplateRelationType(int type)
    {
      switch (type)
      {
        case 0:
          this._currentNameplate.Color = Color.Black;
          break;
        case 1:
          this._currentNameplate.Color = Color.ConvertStringToColor("#245E05FF");
          break;
        case 2:
          this._currentNameplate.Color = Color.ConvertStringToColor("#870707FF");
          break;
      }
    }
And there are some transparency/alpha related settings in there as well. Only replacing that with button texture worked out fine but even that resulted very weird big buttons on map. So I'm open to your suggestion if you know how to remove that one.
I hate XML and field hunting in the code so I won't dig in more I guess.

This is the best I could do
9F7V8.jpg

I actually couldn't remove that stupid backdrop completely. Don't know where it's coming from ( assuming that its a brush since it's arrow-shaped ) I think it's programmatically added up on top of whatever you have. But I couldn't find that code piece as well.
In SettlementNameplateWidget.cs they are enforcing these values as Color for _currentNameplate
C#:
private void SetNameplateRelationType(int type)
    {
      switch (type)
      {
        case 0:
          this._currentNameplate.Color = Color.Black;
          break;
        case 1:
          this._currentNameplate.Color = Color.ConvertStringToColor("#245E05FF");
          break;
        case 2:
          this._currentNameplate.Color = Color.ConvertStringToColor("#870707FF");
          break;
      }
    }
And there are some transparency/alpha related settings in there as well. Only replacing that with button texture worked out fine but even that resulted very weird big buttons on map. So I'm open to your suggestion if you know how to remove that one.
I hate XML and field hunting in the code so I won't dig in more I guess.

This is the best I could do
9F7V8.jpg
And if, instead of removing it, its dimensions are altered, I mean; could the rectangle at the bottom be cut out?
e17lf.jpg

@Piconi Doesn't it look like what you were interested in from the early maps?

And if, instead of removing it, its dimensions are altered, I mean; could the rectangle at the bottom be cut out?
e17lf.jpg
This is exactly the idea I had in mind ( because you cannot remove something that is expecting a Color field unless you change the code ) so I wanted to leave the indicator as a slight line as well. Problem is, I didn't catch which element is actually is using this brush and which brush is that. If you know the name, ping me. Let's make this s*** happen :smile:

I also thought about having a border behind the banner something like this
ySBAl8.jpg

This is exactly the idea I had in mind ( because you cannot remove something that is expecting a Color field unless you change the code ) so I wanted to leave the indicator as a slight line as well. Problem is, I didn't catch which element is actually is using this brush and which brush is that. If you know the name, ping me. Let's make this s*** happen :smile:

ySBAl8.jpg

Maybe the shield with that border may result in a colour overlap (banner design color for Vlandia/Battania - Enemy/Allied ID color). But well, it is an option... it's really up to Piconi to decide since it's his mod :wink: .

Maybe the shield with that border may result in a colour overlap (banner design color for Vlandia/Battania - Enemy/Allied ID color). But well, it is an option...
True. But we need to find a way to remove or edit that background first. I will contact the appropriate dev to see if he can direct me to the right asset name.

@Piconi Doesn't it look like what you were interested in from the early maps?
It looks EXACTLY like i imagined, and what we talked about.
ySBAl8.jpg
This is also one of the possibilities, but one we would need to see in action first in order to be sure of its efficacy bacause of this
Maybe the shield with that border may result in a colour overlap (banner design color for Vlandia/Battania - Enemy/Allied ID color)
That is a potential visibility issue only because the backrop would follow the contours of the banner, whereas if it was on the left or right (terco's image), even if there is a color overlap, we would know what the relation is because a part of the backrop would be sticking out.

So currently this is what we have now
20201124171144_1.jpg

I'm Ally with empire and that's why we have this slightly green. Rest of the colors are Faction colors.

Almost there lads!
It's very tedious since every change requires a new campaign in order to be seen, but the struggle will be worth it !
This is only preliminary, i need LOTS of tinkering until the sweet spot for color/brightness/saturation is found for every faction.
xq6tkFZ

eIESAjd

Last edited:
It's very tedious since every change requires a new campaign in order to be seen
This was exactly the reason why I didn't want to work on this further. Most likely this is happening due to fact that TW started to "save" banners and colours in save game files rather than reading them out from XML when you load the campaign.
My assumption is that they did this for saving several seconds on Campaign Loading. However this is bad imo. This can cause a lot of issues for several mods. This wouldn't affect mods like Total Conversion Mods ( since you need to create a new campaign anyways ) but for things like this mod and some "cosmetic" mods, this decision can break already existing save games or make them useless

New version is out! CBUPack 2.3!
Patchnotes:
-Changed the module name to CBUPack
-Added the GUI for the settlement names and tweaked the relationship bar (little bar left of the banners shows the relations with settlement owner)
-Uploaded the new spkingdoms.xml for download that tweaks settlement name colors, replace the one in the Modules/SandBox/Module/Data, with this one (and make a backup of the original beforehand just in case);
NEW CAMPAIGN required for the real settlement colors to be seen!

Huge thanks to @Bloc who made the GUI part for the mod possible !

lmJlKT5.jpg

Last edited:
A hotfix 2.3.1:
-Intended settlement name colors now savegame compatible; NO need for a new campaign
-Removed the spkingdoms.xml from the downloads, you can revert to the default file
-Improvement of the font, size, and colors of the settlement names and backgrounds
-Some improvements to clan banners changing colors upon switching factions
-Removed the neutral black bar, ally/enemy will pop up upon reaching those respective relations:

unintrusive relationship bar (enemy/ally):
en3rIM0.jpg
3NQ7xsj.jpg

changed saturation and font of the settlement names to a more pleasant combination:
2Z3E53i.jpg

Last edited:
Also, if you want to tweak the map colors, feel free to change mapConfig.json. Use #RRGGBBAA format - R for Red, G for Green, B for Blue and A for Alpha.

Not sure why, but the colour of the settlement names is just white. I checked the mapConfig.json file and it has all the correct colours. What could be causing this issue?

Back
Top Bottom