SP Native Custom Banners and Uniforms Pack (CBU Pack)

Users who are viewing this thread

Compatible version
e1.1.5
Hello,
i made it work XD
I had Mirroring on Checkpattern on lol
Now it works. However, sadly Troops wont have Checks on their Gear sadly... (yet?!)
There aren't any robes over armor that can reflect the banner completely. How armor coloring works now is that it only draws 2 colors, primary and secondary, and paints over pre-made parts that are meant to be painted.
A big step back from Warband imo, but not even the biggest of those either unfortunately.

Hey ? I misunderstood something maybe, but the mod won't work. I deployed and lounched KingdomColor first and changed xml file after. Have tried with Vortex and without it. Any suggestions, please?

Hey ? I misunderstood something maybe, but the mod won't work. I deployed and lounched KingdomColor first and changed xml file after. Have tried with Vortex and without it. Any suggestions, please?
I fixed it! It's doesn't run with any other language mods. Thanks for The Mod!

:party:

I have just released a 2.0 version of the mod, made tweaks to some of the banners, made distinction between high and low tier troops when applying uniform colors, in which only high tier troops have primary colors of the faction, and a desaturated one at that!
Check it out at

Does this work on 1.5.4?
I haven't tested is personally since it is very tedious for me to switch constantly between the main and beta branches, that's why i wrote it's compatible up to the 1.5.3 , but i don't see a reason why it would't work. If, however, it does not, do let me know.

Works perfect on 1.5.3. I used the previous version with my Sturgian playthrough a while back - the new version is definitely even better. I absolutely love all the touch-ups and changes made to the banners. Can't play without this mod anymore, many thanks.

Updated the pack as the 2.1 version:

- fixed the issue where using the online banner editor with many layers made player banner show as only 1 color.

- updated details in several banners.

- painted the round shileds of Skolderbrotva tier2 and tier3 troops inspired by many different viking shield design. (will show on those troops in Skolderbrotva army, player army if he recruits those troops, as well as in any other faction if they recruit them)

-added many colors and shades of both natural cloth colors and faction colors on uniforms.

Skolderbrotva tier 2 and tier 3 troops' shield designs
VtXFECn.jpg

High tier troops in several shades of the faction colors
7THuS77.jpg

Low tier troops in many more natural cloth color combinations with different shades of faction colored details
v65NSSI.jpg

Last edited:
I've been playing and enjoying this mod, my only issue with it is the absence of colored names so we can quickly identify the faction some clan belongs to, not that it's the mods fault, of course

I'll happily take these nice designs over the boring, unaligned default clan banners

Last edited:
I am aiming at implementing that, optimally using transparent background nameplates and colored text brushes as was in Warband, but if not, i'd be happy by having colored background nameplates in faction colors, in place of black/red/green for neutral\enemy\ally settlements as is in Native.

BTW ive been told this pack works fine in the 1.5.4 beta too, so i updated the version compatibility, even though it's very ungrateful to state the compatibility with the beta because of all instabilitu that comes with it and has nothing to do with one's mod/pack.

I'm glad you enjoy it, this is first and foremost me trying to make certain things enjoyable for myself before i dive into a first real actual playthrough of mine, that i just happen to have shared with others, never have i imagined that this many ppl like, but after having another look at Native banners and uniform coloring....i can now imagine :smile:

A shame I saw this mod just recently ...

Question, how does it work together with custom factions (in this case Perasosian League). I think their banners and units are unaffected, if it does not make the game crash at all. Is there a way to apply the look of the mod to them, especially the units?

Last edited:
A shame I saw this mod just recently ...

Question, how does it work together with custom factions (in this case Perasosian League). I think their banners and units are unaffected, if it does not make the game crash at all. Is there a way to apply the look of the mod to them, especially the units?
If the factions and units have different names than the Native, then you would need to go into the config file and change the names, possibly add some more lines im the same manner if the mod adds additional units.

NEW VERSION !
CBU 2.2
Patchnotes:
- Some banner enhancements
- New cutom banners for the new clans added in 1.5.4
- Added many variations in cultural shield designs for Sturgian tier 4 and tier 5 main tree infantry (Sturgian Spearman, Sturgian Heavy Axeman and Sturgian Heavy Spearman).

New images are in the OP

Map Overview
5q5fXPU.png
Amazing banners - definitely reflects the difference between clans and their culture. However, this is the only thing I didn't like and would probably why I can't use it. Banners make it really really difficult to understand which faction this city/village belongs to. I'm seeing that this is already discussed so I think you are already checking for a solution.

In normal circumstances, banner backgrounds change based on the faction. This happens even on your normal banner if you join a faction ( If you join battania it becomes green etc) Hence, perhaps you can make a Lite version of this where you remove backgrounds for all of the banners so that they can use the main faction's colours. This would remove the confusion. It would look slightly more lame but probably more useful - for me at least. I'm not sure if this breaks your shield colors though.

@Bloc
That is not really possible with the current code reffering to banner colors change. My banners use a LOT of "assets" (symbols from the online banner editor dropdown menu, that are not background), and in them i use many of the layers to hide parts of other layers.
Upon Native game logic, this leads to most of the banner's surface all becoming one color (as all the assets have their color changed at once, and to the same color)

Example of the problem:
I made this banner, used a red square as an asset to hide half of the eagle.
Vlandia_heraldic_4.png

But upon applying the banner to any of the AI clans, ALL of the assets (including the red square) changes color to secondary faction color (yellow for Vlandia), because to game code, red square is part of the sygil.
20201005152104_1.jpg

My main thing is to try making settlement nameplates have faction colors, and not change according to relation (war, ally)

The optimal solution for me would be to remove the settlement nameplates completely, and just have the name text be in faction colors, for both settlements and parties (Warband style), the thing they had in early development and removed it for some reason
3.jpeg

My banners use a LOT of "assets"
Ah right, for a second I thought too naively and assumed they are all using same background.

My main thing is to try making settlement nameplates have faction colors, and not change according to relation (war, ally)
Either this or replacing clan banners with faction banners for map icons only would work ( although then we would lose the information of which castle belongs to which clan etc ) but technical wise, I guess later is way easier.

Either this or replacing clan banners with faction banners for map icons only would work
Hm, that's a very interesting idea. It might be worthwile looking into it, especially if there is a possibility of showing both the faction and clan banners somehow....
Tnx for the eye-opener

Hm, that's a very interesting idea. It might be worthwile looking into it, especially if there is a possibility of showing both the faction and clan banners somehow....
I checked it now after suggesting it to you actually. The codebase has all the hints in it but unfortunately, backdrop tint is hardcoded inside the code so it's not something we can override easily without doing funky business with harmony. I already saw you are using it, if you want, I can point out the direction you should take to switch that one. Won't be much different than this tho.

I come up with two options.

1 - Only change text color. Don't mess up the relationship indicator.
X5zSr.jpg

Aicsj.jpg

2 - Remove Relationship Color - Switch that with faction with slight tint colour
Dzvi4.jpg
_jnOO.jpg

I will use the first option I think even though some factions are a bit unreadable because the dark-on-dark situation ( I will come up with something for that )

Let me know what you think.

EDIT: Changed several values and such. I think now it's way better and readable.
0jTGo.jpg

jvhO-.jpg

Last edited:
I checked it now after suggesting it to you actually. The codebase has all the hints in it but unfortunately, backdrop tint is hardcoded inside the code so it's not something we can override easily without doing funky business with harmony. I already saw you are using it, if you want, I can point out the direction you should take to switch that one. Won't be much different than this tho.

I come up with two options.

1 - Only change text color. Don't mess up the relationship indicator.
X5zSr.jpg

Aicsj.jpg

2 - Remove Relationship Color - Switch that with faction with slight tint colour
Dzvi4.jpg
_jnOO.jpg

I will use the first option I think even though some factions are a bit unreadable because the dark-on-dark situation ( I will come up with something for that )

Let me know what you think.
Wow, that's amazing ! I too like the first option more, as i think it can be combined with removing the background, as i achieved long time ago (with lots of friendly help).
"Brush=SettlementTownBlur", if i recall correctly
1UKQcGp.jpg

You are godsent

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom