OSP Code SP Custom Banner Module System and Resources

Users who are viewing this thread

This is modulesystem 1.143 with fully running custom banner

Download Link : MB Repository

Included with this package :
  • module system
  • textures
  • modified custom_banner.brf
  • 1 new custom banner map icon flag and 3 custom banner background theme.

How to put this into your module :
  • copy the dds into your module's folder
  • copy the brf into your module's folder
  • edit your module.ini. Change load_resource = custom_banner to load_mod_resource = custom_banner
  • modify your module system, according this module system from this package. The key word is normal_banner, custom_banner, dunde's begin and dunde's end

Issues :
- multiplayer 's unsupported yet, you can add the multiplayer support by yourself, it's not hard, but I have no server to test.
- troop note currently have no banner yet.solved with v1.1 update
- sometime custom banner presentation don't update it's heraldic, but it's ok on the gameplay.

Credit :
- FALX, original idea
- dunde, for this package

How to make own made heraldic items works with custom banner :
  • Follow this tutorial to make heraldics items
  • Tableau code template for custom banner is :
Code:
  ("heraldic_XXX", 0, "sample_heraldic_XXX_banner", 512, 512, 0, 0, 0, 0,
   [
    (store_script_param, ":troop_no", 1),

(set_fixed_point_multiplier, 100),
    #(try_begin),
       #(eq, "$debug_mode", 1),
       #(call_script, "script_draw_banner_to_region", ":troop_no", "$debug1", "$debug2", "$debug3", "$debug4", "$debug5", "$debug6", "$debug7", "$debug8", "$debug9"), 
     #(else_try),   
     (call_script, "script_draw_banner_to_region", ":troop_no", 0,0, 5000, 5000, 10000, 10000, 10000, 10000, 0),  
     #(try_end),
     (init_position, pos1),
     (position_set_z, pos1, 100),
     (cur_tableau_add_mesh, "tableau_mesh_heraldic_XXX_banner", pos1, 0, 0),
     (cur_tableau_set_camera_parameters, 0, 200, 200, 0, 100000),
     ]),	 
  • Uncomment the commented parts. It's important to tune the parameters. Compile!
  • Test in the game, start as noble so the game will call custom_banner_selection immediately. You can see how the item will looks. Type debug and new overlays will be shown up. They are the parameters $debug1 to $debug9. Set the values until the item looks well. Note the values! PS. you can speed up the up/down parameters change by holding left shift or left ctrl key.
  • Quit game, comment back the commented parts of tableau code, and write down the values you note to this line (replace the paramaters with the values you wrote) :
    (call_script, "script_draw_banner_to_region", ":troop_no", 0,0, 5000, 5000, 10000, 10000, 10000, 10000, 0),
    then recompile your module system.
It's the old custom banner that is in the native already, but never be used. I enabled it and made it works for banners, icon map flag and heraldics (WIP, must rewrite the tableau of the items one by one  :neutral: )
mb8.jpg

mb7.jpg

Excellent!    :grin:    This is good news. Thanks to you I felt the scripts in the spring arms. 
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,167810.msg4072269.html#msg4072269
And now you've done much more interesting. We hope that the script is open source software appears in many versions  to modes.

Slawtering said:
Any way of adding your own images so you could make a custom banner even more unique.
All we need are additional custom_banner_charges.dds and the meshes and then we can easily add them as new charges.

FALX said:
Excellent!    :grin:    This is good news. Thanks to you I felt the scripts in the spring arms. 
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,167810.msg4072269.html#msg4072269
And now you've done much more interesting. We hope that the script is open source software appears in many versions  to modes.
Ah, I see we have same interest on custom banner. I remembered that I read something about it but I forgot it where. I think It's your topic I read.
It will goes OSP when it's ready. I'm rewriting the tableau of heraldics items to fits with this custom banner. It should be rewriten because I decided to directly draw the charge to the item's  tabelau instead of put the banner mesh there as native do with standard banner. I don't like my heavy armor have some fabric shades.
2nd trouble is the custom_banner_charges.dds charges is not listed with certain order so it's hard to make like swadian lords will have lion like charges and sarranid lords will have swords or moon charges, so currently I made the lords have random custom banner  :roll:.

You should be able to order their entries in module_meshes however you want. Have you tried using create_mesh_overlay_with_item_id to make checking the tableau coordinates easier?

I always knew this was hiding out there. Couldn't find the right scripts, though.

Somebody said:
Have you tried using create_mesh_overlay_with_item_id to make checking the tableau coordinates easier?

Thank you. Never crossed my mind before. I'll try that way. So I think I'll need to make another presentation that having control to change some parameters of item's tableau.

Progress report now. The banner can be drawn into heraldic items (with ugly position right now. I'll fix it later using somebody's method above) for all troops. Tested in the battle and it seems didn't decrease the performance too much.
2 problems now :
- once a map icon's drawn with a specific banner, it can't be altered anymore when we change our banner later.
- I can't find a way yet to put the banner beside the character's picture on troops note tableau.

I want to know what other "unabled" features there are in warband (and maybe WFaS). Though hoping for a fully functioning autofire might be a bit hopeful.

Slawtering said:
I want to know what other "unabled" features there are in warband (and maybe WFaS). Though hoping for a fully functioning autofire might be a bit hopeful.

No, there is no autofire in WB's native. If there are hidden disabled features, found by some members of TW , are : fintslock pistol (never showed up at native), some old parties like patrols, messengers, etc (commented), collecting debt quest (disabled).

Back to topic, here are 2 screenshot of custom banner on world map and in the battle.
mb11.jpg

mb9.jpg

dunde said:
It's finished!  :smile:
The Source Code and resources are on MBRepository now

Yes! Thanks for that. I was having troubles with presentation screen, texts were messed up with each other, fixed that?

I implemented it, or better tried it. But I don't get any presentation and thus can't choose my banner. All my heraldic Items are just white, even those used by troops (either enemies or friends) Why could that be? I don't get any errors.

Patta said:
I implemented it, or better tried it. But I don't get any presentation and thus can't choose my banner. All my heraldic Items are just white, even those used by troops (either enemies or friends) Why could that be? I don't get any errors.
The presentation's called if you get the right to get a banner. The fastest way to try is to start the game as imprisoned nobble's son/daughter.
I think you miss something. Unnasiggned heraldics should be black, not white.

I think I implemented this correctly- the presentation appears and all my stuff is properly my own heraldry- but the heraldry doesn't get assigned to any of my troops.

Hoping this gets updated to 1.151.\

EDIT: Actually, I hadn't realized you'd changed the initialize banner script. Once I discovered those changes and threw them in, it works perfectly. A few errors when you mod your banner mid-game, but nothing too unexpected.

Back
Top Bottom