Resolved Cursor Flickering in menus and world map.

Users who are viewing this thread

Thanks for the information I will try right now.
Edit: Didn't work. Also as of the new drivers' release I have been getting insane screen tearing on all games. Goddamn Nvidia just took a **** on us.

Last edited:
any updates? did anyone manage to fix it? the only thing i have not tried is the drivers and i dont want to do that just for this game

damn....do you think the fact that my mouse cant get any lower than 500hz plays any role? its the 1st time i have tried to play mount and blade with my new mouse never had this problem before and i dont have another mouse:p i have also read somewhere that some mods are too demanding and can cause that i just installed anno domini 1257 enhanced edition maybe that?

Hello, everyone I have an announcement to make. So basically what happens with drivers and Windows updates is that some API parameters get outdated, therefore current hardware does not understand these parameters, then people like us get graphical glitches like flickering, missing textures, ghosting etc. In order for this to be fixed Taleworlds need to update the engine... Which means no good. What I mean by that is IF they update the engine (which they won't) ALL the mods will have to be remade from scratch which is lowkey impossible...So by saying all of this I'm saying is i give up. Goodbye Warband it was good while it lasted. RIP
eh, фuck

Perhaps you have already tried this, but i use WSE to always launch warband and i have never encountered the issue as you describe. Have you given that a shot?

Something that has been working with people that I've recently talked to is to go to this website https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx# and download a relevant version of your graphics card driver that was released before November 2020.

Before installing it, just make sure to uninstall your current display adapter and make sure to tick the box that says "delete the driver software for this device" through Device Manager.
0358ed979180d9f91a331f21b86170ad.png

After you are done installing your driver that was released before November 2020, restart your PC, and then test out warband for about an hour to see if your fps issue has been resolved.

@Militio, IDK why this method doesn't work for you. I've had like 15 random people ask me to guide them through this process because of the steam discussions, but this method has worked for all of them.

The only people I know that this hasn't been working for are the AMD users that started having similar fps issues around the same time that Nvidia users did, but the AMD issue doesn't seem to be related to the in-game mouse cursor like the Nvidia one is. They've been dropping FPS randomly in the middle of battles, which isn't exactly the same issue that Nvidia users have been having.

Last edited:
Something that has been working with people that I've recently talked to is to go to this website https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx# and download a relevant version of your graphics card driver that was released before November 2020.

Before installing it, just make sure to uninstall your current display adapter and make sure to tick the box that says "delete the driver software for this device" through Device Manager.
0358ed979180d9f91a331f21b86170ad.png

After you are done installing your driver that was released before November 2020, restart your PC, and then test out warband for about an hour to see if your fps issue has been resolved.

@Militio, IDK why this method doesn't work for you. I've had like 15 random people ask me to guide them through this process because of the steam discussions, but this method has worked for all of them.

The only people I know that this hasn't been working for are the AMD users that started having similar fps issues around the same time that Nvidia users did, but the AMD issue doesn't seem to be related to the in-game mouse cursor like the Nvidia one is. They've been dropping FPS randomly in the middle of battles, which isn't exactly the same issue that Nvidia users have been having.
My bet is that it has nothing to do with nvidia, as the problem appears on intel drivers too

My cursor flickering returned last weekend. I just went through taskmanager and I had six instances of Nvidia Container opened, after closing them all it's now 100% working.
This worked for me, which may also explain why reinstalling the driver appears to fix it (given this would close instances of Nvidia Container).

My bet is that it has nothing to do with nvidia, as the problem appears on intel drivers too
If you look at the history of people having this particular issue surrounding the in-game cursor causing extreme fps issues, a lot of people started having the exact same issue around the exact same time, and the only thing that links them all together is that they all updated their graphics drivers to versions released after November 2020, while those that haven't, have not ran into any extreme fps issues with Warband (as far as I am aware.)

Warband hasn't had any recent updates, so it's not like something was randomly changed by TaleWorlds to cause these new issues.

It seems to clearly be caused by newer versions of graphics drivers, and as far as I am aware, some AMD users and Nvidia users are both having some FPS issues with Warband all of a sudden, but the issues don't seem to manifest in the exact same way (as in all the Nvidia users are all having the exact same problem compared to each other, while the AMD users have a completely different FPS related problem.)

I don't recall hearing any input from anyone that was using just intel drivers though. What specific fps related issue have they been experiencing with Warband, and when did that problem suddenly begin?

As I said in my "Giving Up" message newer drivers make newer hardware not understand what parameters the game sends them. So if Taleworlds has to fix it they HAVE to change the engine, but first: they won't do that; second: all the mods will have to be remade, for example, PoP you can't remake it it's impossible. So I am waiting for a big/major Windows update which has the most chance of fixing this.

Expanding upon the nvidia container thing, stopping NvContainerLocalSystem and NVDisplay.ContainerLocalSystem services in task manager fixes the lag for me.

Apparently running the game in administrator mode fixes the problems. Try it if you want, It didn't fix it for me tho.
After your numerous tries to fix it, do you have any tools installed that actually may themselves be the source of the problem now? ?
Since some of those fixes have helped other people.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom