Currently working on...

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was just wondering where i could download this new hot patch?
thank you for your continued effort on this mod :grin: :grin:

Gauci04 said:

https://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/6194
and
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1sLjsum2MCZ13aXU_fRRklljp6wpnolQR?usp=sharing

either works.  the patch is fairly small so bandwidth isn't an issue.
  Moddb HATES changing the file every 36 hours so I use NexusMods and my personal drive.

gsanders said:
Gauci04 said:

https://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/6194
and
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1sLjsum2MCZ13aXU_fRRklljp6wpnolQR?usp=sharing

either works.  the patch is fairly small so bandwidth isn't an issue.
  Moddb HATES changing the file every 36 hours so I use NexusMods and my personal drive.
thanks a bunch

Well, Warband is now up to 1.173. :meh:

(As if Gsanders doesn't have enough to work on! :facepalm:)

Are there any known issues with Phantasy 2018?

Patch notes say stability and cheat fixes, but ... I'd rather not have Phantasy needlessly breaking on me.

OldGreyBeard said:
Well, Warband is now up to 1.173. :meh:

(As if Gsanders doesn't have enough to work on! :facepalm:)

Are there any known issues with Phantasy 2018?

Patch notes say stability and cheat fixes, but ... I'd rather not have Phantasy needlessly breaking on me.

I'll look at that next week.  I'm still at 1.172 so its uncharted territory.

---
  I wouldn't mind a little cheat control as well, like checking how many points are distributed between stats and skills versus your stated level, taking into account items that modify stats like gauntlets of ogre power etc, and issuing a monthly honor hit of say 3 points for people that heavily hacked their character.  But since I'm lazy and never have time to implement half the things that come to me, it may never happen.  Pity.

I'd be more likely to avenge Moraga first, but I should then have her warn potential thieves "never ye mind about the curse.  Bessie would never harm me", before they employ her, to be fair.
---
  I hope if they change opcodes they list it someplace; the last I know of what changes really got added was 1.165, after that my knowledge is blank.

margareth said:
gsanders

Icestorm it's just drop or i can buy?

I can't find it either.  I had to cheat item nab it, for 11,000  in order to test with my sg07.sav  game.
  I'll run it down Monday/Tuesday, but that patch will be a bit bigger than usual so may need both days.

It DOES drop by the way.

That lady's mother probably had an unfortunate past, but srly quite funny bug.
dtHP9SY.jpg

gsanders said:
margareth said:
gsanders

Icestorm it's just drop or i can buy?

I can't find it either.  I had to cheat item nab it, for 11,000  in order to test with my sg07.sav  game.
  I'll run it down Monday/Tuesday, but that patch will be a bit bigger than usual so may need both days.

It DOES drop by the way.

thanks.

gsanders said:
  I'll look at that next week.  I'm still at 1.172 so its uncharted territory.

---
  I wouldn't mind a little cheat control as well, like checking how many points are distributed between stats and skills versus your stated level, taking into account items that modify stats like gauntlets of ogre power etc, and issuing a monthly honor hit of say 3 points for people that heavily hacked their character.  But since I'm lazy and never have time to implement half the things that come to me, it may never happen.  Pity.

But ... I'm a paladin!!! I neeeed extra stats!!! I'm fighting EVIL!!! ... oh, wait ... paladins are extra good guys aren't they?? :oops:

gsanders said:
  I hope if they change opcodes they list it someplace; the last I know of what changes really got added was 1.165, after that my knowledge is blank.

Well, I updated anyway ... fought a couple of major battles (200+ vs. 200+) and a castle assault, all Elves vs. Drow, and no issues. Plus the usual running around. Rigale skills like hunting and mining seem to be working OK as well. I had a critical failure during hunting, but managed to get enough venison (that I dried successfully) to feed my party for about a week. I guess it was worthwhile to upgrade the hunting skills!! :wink:

Conclusion: 1.173 appears to be no worse than 1.172. If it changes, I'll try to provide a useful report.

P.S.: I have to say that the Drow v. Elves battles are wonder to behold!! :mrgreen:

RE: 1.173

Well, I hope they list the opcodes, too! :cry:
For now, I'd recommend people avoid 1.173.

When I went to the "armor class of gear TEST" report I got this:
"Illegal value in statement: Opcode = 2133; LINE NO: 93:
At script: find_troop_resists
At script: find_troop_resists"
I clicked "continue" and the screen flickered between the background tan & white, settled on white and stayed there. Normal mouse cursor, but pure white screen. :shock:
I killed the task and tried again w/ same results. :facepalm: (that's when I got the Opcode screen shot.)
Note that I had a couple of other Opcode errors before this, but as I'm used to them in tournaments, I didn't screen shot. :roll:

What a pain this has got to be for you! :???:
For me, it's no big deal. 1.172 worked fine.

OldGreyBeard said:
RE: 1.173

Well, I hope they list the opcodes, too! :cry:
For now, I'd recommend people avoid 1.173.

When I went to the "armor class of gear TEST" report I got this:
"Illegal value in statement: Opcode = 2133; LINE NO: 93:
At script: find_troop_resists
At script: find_troop_resists"
I clicked "continue" and the screen flickered between the background tan & white, settled on white and stayed there. Normal mouse cursor, but pure white screen. :shock:
I killed the task and tried again w/ same results. :facepalm: (that's when I got the Opcode screen shot.)
Note that I had a couple of other Opcode errors before this, but as I'm used to them in tournaments, I didn't screen shot. :roll:

What a pain this has got to be for you! :???:
For me, it's no big deal. 1.172 worked fine.

opcode 2133 is a simple assign.
  I'll have to look into it tomorrow end of day.    I expect to be busy adjusting troops and gear/athletics today.

Just finished the raw script but I still need to test it several different times on a fresh game, on an old save, etc.

I want to roll more features into this coming patch as its addressing "balance" not a specific emergency.
  So far high tier troops are mostly with less athletics, some troops gained slightly athletics, a few female clerics found clothes, some mages lost their daggers and have staves in preparation for auto-charge staff, crusaders and the highest tier blazing hand knight dropped some fluff in anticipation of a special substitute on their gear as they wake up, some mistakes in how athletics were calculated in the last several patches are remedied, and tomorrow the routine that sets base movement speed will set a slightly smaller base speed (not adding base athletics because Warband applies it afterwards anyway, thus athletics was getting counted twice). Drow lance finally became like other lances.  Ice storm scroll drops from the highest tier mages now.  All of the inventory changes and skills changes are dynamic, meaning you don't have to restart a fresh game for the changes to kick in...

I'll have other changes for tomorrow.

Editing now: base weapons skills for many native factions too far from exotics numbers the gap shouldn't be as huge as it is now.
  Noticed with Vaegirs but probably certainly all the native weapons proficiencies need to be harmonized.
  Did that, now reviewing elves.  I sort of all this time trusted Guspav had numbers he liked, but they're inconsistent and don't have anything like a curve, be it straight, logarithmic, square function -- there isn't singing in these numbers.  Redid so at least the various factions can hold their own in their respective specialties.  Anything else would have resulted in kingdoms falling long ago.  Nature hates a vacuum.

If you have the time would you look at the mummies troop tree ? not sure what guspav intended for them but their stats/gear seems to have been quickly put together and thrown in the mod.

Opened patch v150M-2hot patch

Mainly  balance changes:

1)  Adjusted troop athletics and in many cases weapons skills to address inequalities in factions.  Most every faction has some specialty, but the troops of around the same level should have "around" the same weapons proficiency, unless there is some factional reason to have a little more or less for a specific weapons skill type. Some factions were becoming over-buffed and many were left very neglected, which had that always been the case those factions should long ago cease to have existed.  Around 250 troops total had adjustments; these adjustments are dynamic, meaning you do NOT have to roll a new character for your existing save game to pick up the changes.  EVERY faction and some misc. mercenaries got small changes.  I would suggest you find the troop viewer tools located under Reports: Reference Materials  and browse the troops that matter to you most.    Pay attention to changes in athletics, items, and weapons skills over the last time you viewed them.  These will kick in within 24  game hours of waking with the patch applied, and you will get a 1 line message when the patch is applied but it is easy to miss if you do not view Notes: recent messages.

2)a)  Some troops shed things that made no sense militarily or for that matter in a role play sense.  Mages beyond initiate shed knives and daggers in favor of a staff; the proportion of mages beyond "novice" or "initiate" with a staff that can become "charged" or otherwise assist in boosting spell power increases as tier goes up.  (Special staves from weakest to most powerful:  gnarled, journeyman, adept, expert,  master, archmage).
Those both boost spell power and can be auto-charged in battle.  Elf, Drow, Shaman, and Necromancer staff can all boost spell casting but can NOT be charged in battle.  Also, for magic users, only one staff can be equipped, at least for NPC casters, and for players only 1 staff will be counted when checking for spell power amplification.  Any extras just waste a weapons slot as they won't be counted.

b) when agents spawn, if they are marked as magic users their qualifying staff is auto-adjusted to be "charged", meaning that for the first time NPCs have charged staves as well as players.  ONLY those NPCs marked as magic users auto-upgrade staves, and only during the battle.  Afterwards they have the normal staff they started with.  this is script_phantasy_staff_check_charged  if Guspav reads this.

c) I probably don't need to warn anyone that cheat item purchase exists as a courtesy, not a "right", and trying to use it to "get over" on the world might have unexpected consequences.  But, you wouldn't try anything on a helpless world, right?  Cause, mother nature might take it personally.  just sayin'.

3)a) Drow lances are adjusted in itemkinds.txt to be like other lances, for both of those persons who edit the items.
    b) Sun blades are lowered in value from paper value 15000 down to 5000.  They will be found more often at Blazing Hand Crusaders.
    c)  Blazing hand vanquishers and the higher blazing hand knights will have sun blades during battle but they revert to dull, low value blades
    if the paladin wielding them dies.  (If you wonder why so few drop after slaughtering some Blazing Hand:smile:  this is because there is a divine substitution occuring when they wake that does not impact their "permanent" inventory.  It absolutely does not and will never happen with player or companions, in order to prevent an exploit, by the way.  The net effect is a much higher percent of blazing hand now indeed have  "blazing hands".

4) certain NPCs with direct equipped spell intermediates were auto-placed into list_03 and given a chance to regenerate magic mana;
      but players and their companions with certain items bought from 4-ways inn or fished from cheat: items  also got placed into list_03
      now list_03 checks if the agent is outside the range of player or any player companion or kingdom ladies (for spouse) AND not already flagged as a magic user before performing the added spell mana regen.  The mana regen is needed so that items refill correctly and the NPC has enough mana to perform the spell script for certain spells. 
  I shouldn't have to say this:
  The is no support for running to baggage and fishing for spell intermediates to equip after the battle begins; it may have seemed clever for sieges but its expressly not supported.

5) some high value magic swords had extra code added to make sure they don't do 0 damage when their special attack otherwise procs.

6) Necromancers and the weekly trim...
  During the weekly auto-growth, the limit that would have caused a trim afterwards is understood and no undead are auto-added beyond that point, protecting your parties and garrisons from a follow up trim.  You worked hard for them, or maybe not, but anyway, you now keep what is yours.  There should always be "justice" in the universe.
    a) inverted the sequence of making new undead so that Liches make their units first, then Lesser Liches, next Master Necromancers,
  next Necromancers, and finally Dark mages.  Shadows are made first then the lesser ones WITHIN each block (so liches do their 3 types filling the party out with each subtype stopping to see if there is space and clipping the numbers made to fit space).  If there are only a few slots left (always need at least 5) then the shadows will be made first for the highest tier stack in {lich, lesser lich, Master Necromancer, Necromancer, Dark Mage}.
    b) this means that if your party was recently decimated it fills back fast but if close to full it prioritizes for the best units that could still fit.

patch v150M-3hot patch

probably collect little things to fix until Friday evening:

1) Guild masters no longer need to be visited first in town; if you didn't sneak into town, you can probably meet them.  This was pushed onto users by Diplomacy mod; it isn't something I particularly needed for roleplay or any other reason and it is inconvenient in huge towns.

2) Rigale crafting recipes added:
a) Leatherworker:  (skilled leather armors):  Drow lesser Mage Robe (purple)  skill 13
        3 silks + 1 spice + 1 dyes

Reduced difficulty rating for Heraldic Cuir Bouilli in same section from 16 to 15.

Leatherworker: (upper body items):  Elven Mage Hood (blue)    skill 14
        1 velvet + 1 spice + 1 dyes      lowered list price of this item from 4400 to 3500
        velvet is itself a Rigale recipe:  2 silks 1 dyes  skill 12 (was 13)
        pricing on some drow mage hoods is adjusted to follow stats

b) Woodcrafter menus no longer include blowpipe or blowpipe darts in the menu descriptions
          slightly increased the projectile velocity for both variants dwarven hand crossbows; increased damage by 1 for the Rigale built version
          this should allow a somewhat more flat trajectory but it still falls off quickly compared to full sized crossbows

woodcrafter: (throwing):  War Darts      skill 9
          3 wood + 2 iron    7 hours

c) Smithing    swords:  strange short sword (qualifies for stealth attacks) 
        skill 13    2 sheet metal + 1 Dyes    13 hours

increased skill required for recipe "flintlock pistol" from 10 to 12.

3)  Feasts organized by the player always have insufficient drink  because the drinks are now counted as foods and were moved in the order of items.  Adjusted the script that determines if drinks and foods were sufficient to be aware of starting and stopping locations for drinks and foods.
Also, Drinks are not counted twice (once as food and once as drinks).
    "script_internal_politics_rate_feast_to_s9"

4) at game_menu "mnu_specialized_skeletons_choose"  Guspav had not anticipated what to do when more than Necromancy 10.
      So the "raise specialized skeletons" cut off at 10 Necromancy.  This is now changed so that at 11+ the necromancer is given identically what they received at 10, instead of nothing  (not  eq,10    but  ge,10 )
      So far as I can see, "Create Zombies", "Create Skeletons", and "Create Shadows" don't have a menu limitation for skill 11+,
  only "create specialized skeletons".

5) check added each 19 seconds if player has access inventory to change gear after spawning naked for better encumbrance.  The check is only looking to see if you gained weight since waking; I don't mind you dropping heavy items, but putting on plate after getting for example a robe movement allowance isn't happening.  There is already a check for certain cheat purchased items that I haven't given out yet when you wake up, so this is the only other loophole left from accessing baggage.  Certain contraband is destroyed on sight, before the player has a chance to react. Going from heavy armor to lighter armor wont be noticed, as you could have been dropping swords or hammers or shields from equipment slots, but GAINING weight by more than 5 vs your weight when waking as an agent will trigger a full re-evaluation of movement speed, encumbrance, dodge, and strength.  Auras/haste will be stripped only if you gained equipment weight by more than 4 weight units from when you first woke up. So you may safely pick up ONE medium weight weapon without triggering the re-evaluation.  I may not be able to lock baggage, but at least I can block its value as an exploit engine.

But its a limited range of things.  Work within the system and I get no reports of side effects that I didn't actually deserve.  There's enough real problems without manufactured ones also.  I'm looking at direct purchase of spell intermediates by non magic users, direct purchase of cleric fireballs without correct cleric status and deity assigned, and charged staves that weren't given by the mod to qualifying magic users with qualifying staves.  Just to be clear, these will be removed from permanent inventory the instant you enter any mission, for any reason, faster by several thousand times than human reaction speed.  After that, knock yourself out.

6) In return, I'm no longer managing your inventory when you wake as a spell caster.  in fact, its your responsibility.  If you make a mistake and have 4 items already equipped then try to summon a spell, you get a spell backfire, which looks a lot like a flamestrike with you as a target, with caster faith 10 and neutral alignment for damage multiplication and overcoming magic defense purposes.  There's a 50% chance of also being marked "feeblemind" for the next 24-72 hours of in game time.  During that time your magic power within battles is set to 0 and all your spells are turned off; the spell book for mages wont open. Your magic defense is half normal, but only in battles.  you can still add points out of battle (or in battle for that matter) and everything will seem normal, to make sure no points are lost or any exploits opened.  You'll just be a glorified fighter without magic.  Heck, you might have preferred it that way and selected magic user by accident.  Do intend to please all...
Oh and you'll get credit for nuking yourself.  You could make a career out of just farming the player character...

There will be a message when you wake up as to whether you are feeble minded.  Oh and your hit point max pool is smaller in battles while feeble minded, as your spirit is considerably weaker.  All your NPC hirelings don't have this problem.  I guess not even one complained to their dev about inventory and mages.  They'll continue to cast better than you.  You're not the center of the world. It's all about your companions.  In "real life" or not.  It was just your fantasy that as player you were more important than spouse, companions, the lowest villager, or the highest King.  Deal with it.  At least this way you have no surprises.  Nothing is done with your qualifying inventory other than removing anything that you aren't the right class to have.  Mages are OP, but that power has responsibility.  It's probably the first time in any gamers life they've had to take responsibility in a mod.  I hope its useful.  Anyway, manage your own items.  I'll manage mine.

7)a) Every spell needed modification to support loose slots.  Did that except cleric fireball.  I'm just waiting for someone to complain that cleric fireball needs to be like others, so I can pull it.  It's a privilege, not a right.  I'm willing to remove it completely, as my counter negotiation.  Don't negotiate with me, I'm not in the mood.

b) there is a 25 hour timed unlock for feeble mind.  At that time a coin is flipped, heads and the effect is healed.  Otherwise try again the next day, or the day after that.  During that time you wont open your spell book.  You're welcome to do whatever you want in the meantime, so long as it doesn't involve my time.
I am truly sorry for helping anyone with spell casting.  I promise to no longer help them.  It will be a very different experience now.

c)chaos spell remade.  DISABLED this patch
    set timer unlock every 4 hours in s_t #17
    Chaos will now work one time only then lock for the next (up to 4 hours).  It won't need a summoned item but will impact every agent spawned
with a percentile chance to have an effect.  The chance is  2d20 +10  in percent; so 12-50 % of the enemy has a chance to be chosen.  Whatever that number, your OWN troops also get tested at half whatever the roll was for the other guys: 6-25%.  Chaos is removed from showing in your spell book once it locks and will reappear after it unlocks, assuming you know it to begin with.  Range is not an issue; all the battle map is affected.  Individual agents still have a chance to resist magic and save from the effects.  The item will be rebuilt because it is no longer used.

This spell crashes sieges.  I still have to find a way to determine if it is a siege or not.

d) training fields marked party disabled and not visible after patch M-3 is installed. 
      This solves the issue of training fields needing time I dont have.  Its not like most players actually needed them.

8 ) trying something with sieges and reinforcements.

Test progress:  just did a tower siege with 200 attackers vs 340 defenders.  Both sides reinforced nicely, with defenders having 2 times as many troops on field as attackers at all times.  Its not like before.
I do this with a temperature and flu. 
1XDxN.jpg

If you really think there is a problem that is burning the game, raise your hand.  Otherwise I'm ALREADY working at 100% effort.

StatusNexusMods
  it just turned status green a few seconds ago.
  I'll check back in the morning.

Mackintosh said:
Could you tell us what inv slots can we use then?
I know that it was only the first and the fourth one once, not sure how it is now though

You'll be surprised to learn you can use [starting with M-3] ANY open slot for your spare casting items.
  But only slot 1 gives the staff bonus.
  If you are a magic user and you have a qualifying staff in slot 1 (top weapons slot), it will autocharge and you'll have a visible indicator that all is pleasing with the universe...

Everything else can use any free slot you make.  You're welcome to move things around, stuff things in slots that used to be auto prepared, and otherwise do things your way.  At the same time, I'm welcome to refuse to let spell casting "work".  If anyone cheat buys a spell item I will strip it from their inventory faster than they can react; if they cheat buy a pre-charged staff same thing.  otherwise, within the framework that exists, they are welcome to arrange inventory however they wish.  If they screw up inventory that I used to manage, its on them.  I stopped helping.  To make it more fair to me, if they screw up I take away their access to magic spells for a while, so they can get in the habit of not feeling entitled.  I'm perfectly willing to work with the community, but if I am to get a lot of grief for offering to help them, I'll just pull the help.  You can now do anything you want.  And when you screw up, I'll remove the ability you never respected in the first place.  Just like that.  Eventually it grows back.  In the meantime people that never really wanted spells dont have to have them.  I'm cool with that.

gsanders said:
  If you are a magic user and you have a qualifying staff in slot 1 (top weapons slot), it will autocharge and you'll have a visible indicator that all is pleasing with the universe...

That really is pleasing with the universe. I guess I'll be spending my time today clicking the refresh button on the updates folder.

spiff said:
gsanders said:

That really is pleasing with the universe. I guess I'll be spending my time today clicking the refresh button on the updates folder.

I'm sick right now.  I dont know how that will impact release.  I likely wont get much time on PC.

There will be no other fixes until this is done.  Someone else can do the support too.  I'm busy.

Only cleric fireballs are the old way.  It drops whatever was in slot 4.  Give me an excuse to turn off cleric fireballs.  I'm easy right now.
Otherwise if no one objects, are we allowed to do anything else or is inventory management really the only issue on everyone's minds?
Because I always felt they were my data bits to begin with.  I shared, but they belong to the mod.  I was trying to HELP people, but I've seen the error of my ways.  I'll stop helping users and getting slapped for it.  In my opinion, all that the mod ever needed was NPC casters.  Everything else was a courtesy.  If you do the inventory management, you can be a caster.  If not, you had business being one anyway.  Theres even a message explaining why you lost spell casting, if it comes to that.  I'm thinking some people arent really trying to be mages, they just turn everything on then complain if it doesnt fit their expectations.  Fine.  I can stop sharing patches too next.  It was a courtesy.  Nobody paid me; I can quit and theres no replacement.  So I dont understabnd why I'm ridden over damned inventory.  Its just data bits.  Even the money was exploited or cheated for half the players.  And no items were permanently lost until now, when I'm tired of searching for spell intermediates from people that insist on "working" the system.  Those are destroyed instantly, and we move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom