Currently working on...

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patch v150 L-3hot patch

1) During the weekly update where the message "the stars have aligned and necromancers across the land are summoning undead..."
the earlier tweaks added by me were responsible for bloating necromancer parties and garrisons far beyond natural limits.  Now at that instant the mod will examine every party and calculate exactly as if they were the player what their ideal maximum party size is, accounting for the puffed up size from skeletons and zombies until the new size is 5/3 what it otherwise should calculate. This is stored as the maximum size, and next the real size is checked. Where the real size is less than maximum size, layer by layer each part of the necromancer summoning is implemented, with each fresh type (dark mages, necromancers, liches) stopping and making sure there really is still space available before adding.  the maximum size check is only done once per party and some optimization is done to reduce checks but afterwards a final step trims qualifying undead (skeletons, zombies, shadows) by  [( max size *100) / actual size)] * [number of each type]  to get the ideal amount to shrink each troop type in that party (and this is JUST skeletons/zombies/shadows).  The current number minus the ideal size gives the number to remove and this is done quite quickly. On my fast PC it happened too fast to stopwatch.  This allows kings and marshalls their bonus, as well as diplomacy adjusts for centralization, serfdom, and quality of troops settings to impact lords of every faction.

2) Weapons slot preparation for player spell caster is loosened, with 1 not 2 free slots needed, and in the situation where player casts the spell "shield", then and only then will the game seek to hunt for a free slot at weapon slots 3 or 4.  If it can't find one, it looks at the value of each item in slot 3 or 4 and discards the cheaper of the two, to free up the shield slot.  It used to hunt for a shield in inventory, but to be honest if you really plan to use shield spell you should leave two slots open, and if not you should leave one slot open.  As best it can, it will try to find that open slot and not dump any of your items, if you really are a mage.  Shield spell itself has slightly buffed stats for coverage, speed, weight, and protection.

By the way, all inventory access is closed, or more correctly "will shortly close".  There are a number of exploits that baggage access allows, and although that per se is not really my problem, there are a number of ways to crash the game after moving things around.  Specifically spell intermediates are stripped from players and companions (and kingdom lady spouses).  I'll get to lord spouses at a later time.  Crashes of the game take priority over everything.
Sorry about not being able to enter the game naked and run in plate at full speed plus by accessing your baggage, but consider it a small price to pay for reduced issues for everyone.  There are real issues to fix, besides ones generated by doing things that weren't closed enough earlier.And I suppose this constitutes valid community testing also, so that all the things I personally wouldn't do that blow stuff up get closed.  There's plenty of ways to crash the mod, but at least we all benefit from the easy to solve ones getting closed rapidly.

3) Spells cast by companions wearing improper gear for casters no longer spam "Your heavy armor weakens the spell", but this removes an important clue for your companions having trouble.  You should make sure your companions that cast magic aren't wearing heavy metal gear.
Don't wait for me to write something to auto-check them -- they're YOUR companions after all!

4) spell ammunition count is reduced as it was not needed.  Non casters that the game directly assigned spell intermediates now enter list_03 and can receive mana regeneration and mana based ammunition limit just like anyone else, ending not just an exploit but yet another way to crash the game subtly.  I may yet be able to restore flame arrow and acid arrow, but not today. Those were handed out like candy some time ago to various high tier troops and lords, and then later all of these stopped casting, but not before being implicated in large battle crashes. The spell intermediates now handed to certain lords and monarchs should at least work now.

5) a very small adjust to Diplomacy scripts  "randomly_start_war_peace_new", to use half prejudice as a skew, to wait 8 days from last event before changing status, and to not check daily but once each 95 hours instead for fewer notifications flipping constantly.

Diplomacy scripts "diplomacy_start_peace_between_kingdoms" and "diplomacy_start_war_between_kingdoms" have prejudice dampened at half value and this value is added to durations of peace, so that negative prejudice shortens peace periods and positive prejudice slightly lengthens them (but at half prejudice value, in days)

at NexusMods and GoogleDrive

ste636 said:
gsanders said:
Patch v150 L-3hot patch

I may sound like a vicious overgrown grey haired fanboy indeed, but thanks a bunch!:smile:
Is the mysterious surprise still in L3?

Mainly its item number 1.  There were some little pieces I didnt have time for but they can be later.  I wanted more time to test this time so I cut the number of new things down.

im still using l2 but i got a quite nasty bug, where i entered the town and could not exit it anymore, when i pressed onto the leave town button it showed the message: "you pound on the castle gates"

Is it possible to remove that double check for Towns? I could neither join a defending (2 neutral factions) Siege because of that double Check

It forces you to sneak twice into an enemy town before you can access the marketplace etc.

Sometimes i cant enter the tavern or marketplace using the Menu because it seems to be bugged

My Raidgards :twisted:

Has the issue with the recruiters not moving been noted? If so, i apologise lol. Thank you for the hotfix gsanders by the way  :smile:

Wow,this mod has so much potential! I have no doubt that if the dev continues the work with this mod it will be one of the mods that will be the standard for any other mods,like Diplomacy. The fact that you can have so many ways of playing the game in a new fashion is just freaking awesome! Thank you man for all the hard work you have put in!

Notsure said:
Quick question regarding the necromancer troops adjustments for garrisons, is it supposed to effect only the first tier of skeleton/zombies/shadows or any tier ?

As stated, every party on the map was measured, first to decide how what their party size should be if they were the player Himself (or rarely, Herself),  and if Necromancer using the algorithm of additional party size for skeleton and zombie skins, to a soft cap of 5/3rds normal size.  For garrisons the pure number is 500 (of ANY skin) for castles, +200 more for towns, +200 more for towns that are also flagged as "capital" (which only I mark as such).  If the party is found to contain more than these numbers, normally morale was supposed to drop so that they have huge desertion but you (or anyone) were protected from some of morale effects, so instead the Angel of Death had to be used. 

Like a angel should, it showed no favoritism, high or low, but didn't touch any skin save those that are summoned by dark mages, liches, and not necessarily the player Necromancers - skeletons, zombies, and shadows.  Although the player may well have been churning out more babies than a pair of rabbits, the majority of the party bloat, if it exists, came from a boost from dark mages, liches, and recruited necromancers.  Thus each stack (type of troop) was reduced but only by the ratio the garrison or party exceeded the calculated correct size, if that were the player and they were a necromancer.  The added new undead don't come if the party size is reached, or rather, there are several waves and the next wave is blocked once the party size is met, or garrison size at a garrison.  Excess are trimmed and if once in awhile that means a higher value vanished along with lower ones, their energy returned to the celestial void from whence they came.  I'm easy.

As I said elsewhere, wait a week in game and notice the next week isnt harsh at all, but undersize garrisons fill out nicely, and your party replenishes nicely when you really need it. You're still on easy mode -- but not on "it's so easy I'm bored because all trace of challenge is gone" mode.

opened patch v150m-0hot patch

1) lowered the price of Flame Arrow from 5000 to 2000.  increased initial damage on many spells as the damage was too low to get the spell procedures to fire.  they needed to do at least 1 hp damage after armor soak etc and they just weren't penetrating enough.

------

2) Orcs, skeletons, shadows, and Drow have dysfunctional weapons skills.  Yes yes they're supposed to get stronger at night and weaker by day. The two effects are supposed to precisely cancel each other.  Instead, over time the value continue to drift upwards, making them needlessly OP.
The fix involves a fairly complicated and tedious script that manually finds their current value, determines how much drift and in what direction this value has from the value in the source code at creation time, and then applies a pull up or pull down to that corrected value, plus or minus night bonus.  This involves brute force several hundred lines of scripting, so it won't finish tonight.  There are a few more troops impacted than you might first imagine, but there are some tricks to consolidate just how many lines I have to do individually, so I might be able to cut my work by 2/3rds.  I expect it for tomorrow.

3)a) There are other open issues; I wanted to get back to work on white bolt sometime as well.
  b) Diplomacy war and peace looks stable at L3, but maybe now there is too MUCH peace.  ah well, I'll let my latest game age more.

Love the changes, especially the second one, although I was wondering, will you ever try to fix Missile Storm and implement it in the game again or is it so fundamentally broken that it would be impossible to bring it back?
I've seen some videos and I love how it works and looks, having that spell would mean so much more fun for me if balanced well :p

Mackintosh said:
Love the changes, especially the second one, although I was wondering, will you ever try to fix Missile Storm and implement it in the game again or is it so fundamentally broken that it would be impossible to bring it back?
I've seen some videos and I love how it works and looks, having that spell would mean so much more fun for me if balanced well :p

Missile storm used to "work" then it was broken then it was shown that missile storm was casting missiles of type missile storm, and each one then spawned 80 or so copies of itself, and as many times as it hit THOSE hits each spawned 80 copies or so, until finally there was an overflow.  This is why Guspav set all the spells to have 255 ammo.  It turns out, as you get higher throwing skill and hit more often, all of his multi-missile spells risked hanging the game.  I even had to clip magic missile at 4 missiles, let alone 20 to 80 like missile storm.  So then I substituted a different TYPE of ammo, with no procedure that fired on a hit, so that missile spells like magic missile and missile storm made missiles that stopped making more missiles.  This helped, but there's another issue: there are so many spells each with a trigger that gets checked "on agent hit by missile".  On agent hit by ANY missile, they get checked.  Then there's check on agent hit by THAT missile.  Then there's dodge, stealth, ironflesh etc all getting checks.  Eventually I had to consolidate them and shed the check for dodge/ironflesh/stealth into one single check, that then jumps as fast as possible through each section.  That now has unarmed damage also.  But the Guspav 18 spells all have their own checks.  For EACH hit by a missile.  When the same agent is hit by 20-30 missiles, this becomes > 500 checks.  There isn't room for 500 checks.  The game crashes. 

Basically, I need to change missile storm into a straight shotgun blast, with no pretty particle effects, and strip all the ti_on_agent_hit hits into one big check that then skips to the right section and doesn't have to linger through every last other spell's check.  But on which hour am I allowed to freeze time.  Can I declare, Ok guys (and rarely, gals) you stop playing for a few months and we'll do it again for next season?  I thought not.  Most have only had the game for 2 weeks.  Maybe 3 weeks.  Give it time.  Right now, every single day there's a new emergency.  I don't really see any day open for completely ripping up spell casting, which mostly works, mostly, in order to accommodate one cool looking spell.  Maybe its just me being stubborn, but actually it looks like a battle best deferred for now.

Notsure said:
Is there any way it could be redefined to only remove skeletons/zombies and leave shadows alone ? Shadows and shadow warriors would be fine too since they come by easier.
  I thought about that and basically after the first pass through there isn't the same motivation to trim shadows a second time.  I can adjust so it writes a message someplace safe that tells it to change behavior the NEXT time.  after minimum 1 pass the second pass doesn't need to be as deep, but I have to guarantee a full pass or some person will just toggle patches to keep their puffed up parties.  The overlarge size seems to break sieges early.  I'm willing to have a message written someplace safe that can be referred to so the following trim can skip shadows, as shadows are made last and the process of making fresh things stops as soon as the party is full, but I have to guarantee that nothing gets marked until for sure the trim absolutely got run, with no possibility of being skipped, and the code blocking endless growth hasn't been restored by swapping patches, every week.  I can do that by writing a little more detail to my stash point, which necessarily can't be inside the player character but there are thousands of objects defined and some really are little used.  Its possible your definition of "full" several patches ago doesn't match the current definition of full either, so giving me a number makes no difference. 

There wouldn't be ANY trim if parties were already within the current calculated 5/3 soft cut off.  But most every savegame started a week plus ago has huge necromancer parties and garrisons by now, and its crashing the game.  Native would have had you at 1/4th this many troops, so it is much ado about stuff that isn't natural anyway.  I suppose you in turn could just never load patches but the game needs constant tinkering.  "But I never needed any stinking patches in 2014".  Sure, and the party size would have been 1/3rd also.  I've seen what Guspav had; you had tiny parties.

I'm satisfied to take the blame for being too nice, and giving overly large parties.  But I'm also stuck fixing my own mistakes, and this is one of them.  You had plenty of value from large party sizes; I'm sure that, and my removing most of the wages and food and morale effects, and giving 3 times the enemies converted to undead as before, and more magic defense for shadows, and dodge for skeletons, and cutting the numbers of undead breaking free by 3 times, and adding clauses so undead breaking free could be dampened by assistants in the party -- you know, I know you're hot about this but you really don't appreciate all that was done for you if you think I'm JUST the "adversary" in this.  All of that was done from me.  Now I'm taking back only part of it - the part that was hurting your game.

Now, don't want to reanimate this, but the guy never criticized you or talked about Phantasy Calradia 2014. He just reported something he felt off to you, gsanders. He never called you an "adversary". And you replied like he insulted you. Calm down, man. People reporting bugs are not attacking you or saying your mod is bad, they're trying to help the mod to grow and become a little better than before.

@vixdude et al
  I didn't feel it was much criticism, nor do I feel I much hit you hard in a reply.  I feel, such as it is, that the trim was needed, and happen to agree that if I can have a mechanism to guarantee the trim took place AT LEAST once I won;t need to trim shadows in the future, just skeletons and zombies, as shadows are created last .  But shadows also come from wins in battle afterwards, in some cases, and some of the weekly summoning also makes shadows if you have the right unit doing it for you.  Thus shadows needed trim also, as they were growing within the infinite parties.  The after battle reinforcements from the other side's dead wont happen if your party thinks its full, so that too was not occurring  In no way do I feel you (or anyone) were actually "wronged", by me or the mechanic.  The rest is simply a debate over where a game mechanic is needed to be most adjusted.  Most of the growth is skeletons and zombies, correct.  It still needed trimming once.  To get the guaranteed trim with a marker proving it got done, I'll need one more.  After that I can protect shadows from the trim.

I'd like this taken to a different thread if anyone feels otherwise.  This is for new announcements, so mechanics that really happen are given.  I'd be happy to continue this in suggestions or game mechanics, either one, with game mechanics getting longer answers and the concomitant burden for you to read longer discussions.

I'll add to this shortly but I'd like this thread to stay on focus.  Discussions of game mechanics,
if they aren't notifications of actual changes implemented from the developer,
are best placed at "Suggestions", "game mechanics" or "Phantasy 2018 bugs" threads, please.

gsanders said:
opened patch v150m-0hot patch

1) lowered the price of Flame Arrow from 5000 to 2000.  increased initial damage on many spells as the damage was too low to get the spell procedures to fire.  they needed to do at least 1 hp damage after armor soak etc and they just weren't penetrating enough.

2) Orcs, skeletons, shadows, and Drow have dysfunctional weapons skills.  They're supposed to get stronger at night and weaker by day. The two effects are supposed to precisely cancel each other.  Instead, over time the value continue to drift upwards, making them needlessly OP.
The fix involves a fairly complicated and tedious script that manually finds their current value, determines how much drift and in what direction this value has from the value in the source code at creation time, and then applies a pull up or pull down to that corrected value, plus or minus night bonus.  Looking at it, I decide the swing between night and day is exactly 2x more than it should be, so cut the swing difference by half now.
  This will put all night affected troops at above 0 weapons proficiency even at noon time sunlight.  <---
  slight changes to base weapons proficiencies for Drow and Orcs (mainly Drow)  as the skill assignments didn't match their gear
  adjusted weapon for female Drow fighter
  edited ammo allowance for hellish bolt, used by Drow priestesses and certain mummies
  edited properties for hand crossbows and drow crossbows (and thus the rigale made versions of these also);
  adjusted crossbows used by various drow according to whether they are expected to use shield or take a concealed position in future revisions...
  adjusted skeleton archers for power draw skill, added 1 to athletics for all skeletons and shadows; buffed shadow knights and skeleton knights

This will impact the very next change of night to day or day to night after applying patch, for all flavors of all troops with the right skins (Drow, Orc, Skeleton, Shadow).  I made some scripts that assist the otherwise brute force approach so I can finesse this more quickly.

did Orcs, Drow, Skeletons, Shadows (and in only 140 lines, so should run quickly)
  made a one-time scheme to reconcile changes in gear and knowledge for selected drow, skeleton, zombie, and shadow troops.  Tested working.
  Did insert it into timers at simple_triggers.  Tests working.

3)a) There are other open issues; I wanted to get back to work on white bolt sometime as well.  <-- deferred, out of time.

3b) changed triggers monthly reinforcements to add only shadows to necromancer parties, to have less chance of a weekly trim event by overlarge parties.  Thus 3 months of monthly shadow reinforcements just like Drow, Elves, Orcs, Mageocracy, and Blazing Hand are getting, but with less chance to trigger the weekly trim in new games.

3c) restored game_menus  cheat menu  "items cheat".  Try not to get into trouble with items you cheat buy and otherwise Kalis33 was correct.  The cheat menu was liberal to assist in testing and restarting fresh games; there is no real reason to waste time grinding except for roleplay purposes. We all have little time in our lives.

3d)  adjust patch L3 "judgement day" necromancer trim to mark one time use then skip shadow skin trim, as discussed elsewhere recently.

StatusReleased

opened patch v150M-1hot patch

1) started the morning with a quick change to explosion scripts to add line of sight checks to Fireball, Lightning bolt from the point of explosion to a potential target found to be within the blast radius.  The question here is whether the target is behind a wall or large stone or other barrier.

Ice storm has a different effect; once a target is found to otherwise be in the zone of effect, a position is placed 5 meters overhead from where they stand (or maybe crouch) and a check for line of sight is made, allowing troops sheltering within bunkers and block houses at sieges (or underground in narrow passages) to be given shelter from hail stones.

Also added to darkness spell.
  This originally from a criticism at Warsword Conquest forum, but it turns out to be a 3 minute tweak.  I guess I have 3 minutes.

2) a) set time of day during battles to show skylight as if the time is 19:00 (7 PM) when the clock reads "after 19" (and thus not < 6 which is tested first, and that would get a 5 AM sky light). The 8-12 PM night battles were just too dark to see. I can justify it by claiming most people either are exotic races that see better at night or have them in party, or use night vision magic.  In any case, its good enough to have the sky still bright so I can see. This is not set for village raids and village bandit missions by the way.

so thinking on the subway ride home gave me an idea to make the line of sight check better. 
see the explanation at  https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,276393.msg8910815.html#msg8910815

StatusReleased

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom