Currently working on...

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Torrential said:
Wow my favorite mod gets an update and I wasn't aware!

You are both awesome, him for allowing you to continue this.
And you for putting all the time in!

The only thing I wanted extra after playing this is more of it lol. More end game parties that stay neutral (so they don't die off) and the player can hunt them down for boss fights! But that is just a small thing in an incredible mod, thanks for the amazing work you've done.

What I wanted for Christmas:  for everyone ELSE to see what the mod looks like, ready or not, because it changed so much in the last 4 years it seemed a crime to sit on it.
    What I wanted for New Years:  for Guspav to come back and decide he liked it.

It sort of hasn't received his papal blessing.  But then again, I need to make sure the parts I changed do everything he expected, including actually fix problems and not make new ones.  He hasn't reviewed the latest changes.  It looks like he did see Rand's twitch.  I don't think he's seen Reformist's videos, or VMPshow.  He may not know its in the general public's hands.  That may yet get me spanked.  Bad dog, me.  But I'm happy that you're happy.  Its getting better, fast.  Birth is always painful.  It's a "living" mod.

EDIT:  so we're at 10,000+ downloads right now [7900 150b + 1500 150j possibly some overlap at Moddb] + 1600 at Nexusmods, around 2 1/2 weeks into the secret "public" launch for Christmas.  I'm either going to get epic spanked or congratulated when Guspav catches up, but part of it is whether its working cleanly and I'll confess it was a mess the opening day.  I was in too much a hurry for a project that really was beta ware at that time.  At least it wasn't ALL vaporware.  I freely confess it could be better.  It came a long way though.

EDIT next:  I have an unscheduled emergency of sorts to keep me busy a few hours here before I can get started on Mod stuff.

opened patch v150k1: hot patch continuing on yesterday's k-zero

1) White bolt changed to test if the player is mounted when casting, and if so use the mount's position as origin for the spell not the player.
  This may well make the spell work.  If so I can use this trick elsewhere for paladin auras and other point blank effects that ought to work better from horseback.

I see my plan to drive this from spell_book presentation is flawed as the presentation exists outside the battle and isn't directly able to interact with the agents in battle.  Instead I need to indirectly do the point blank effect as the act of throwing the white bolt, which may or may not do incremental damage as a useless pebble when it hits.  The issue with tying the effect to hitting an object is 4 parts:
a) if I MISS then the spell did nothing
b) armor might consider a hit a miss if it did 0 damage
c) I want unconditional effect regardless of hit or miss and ignoring armor.
d) this then adds a delay to everything hitting a target while it tries to determine if the hit is from the white bolt or not.  I'd rather remove all those tests and let battles move faster. Other mods, with fewer tests, can support more agents at the same time.  i want to run as light as I can get away with, so every added waste of time hurts over the very long term.

The action of throwing however is enough to move the action into the realm of where the agents are.  It's not unlike our world, where certain effects occur beyond our immediate perception and some effects simply don't reach us.

Darn it anyway all day on this and no progress.  Thats what I get for talking the truth about necromancers.
===
  I DID see something.  I saw cleric list get contaminated by non-clerics, probably from delaying too long before cleaning lists, despite that lists are cleaned at reinforcements.  If so, this explains crashes in long battles.  There's always more to do...

added a filter at the 21 second cleric cleanup to clear any non qualifying agents found.  Maybe this is dating all the way back to patch d and won't happen with a clean save game.  I'll check that tomorrow.

May as well move k0 to Nexusmods and google drive and postpone k1 for tonight.

Well, a little over a full week into playing hard and I have yet to come across any game breaking bugs nor bugs to impede my progress in parts of the game so I would say your releasing early was a good thing. There is a long history of mods getting an official release that were in far worse shape and not getting 1/20th the support.

That last part is key. You are working hard on this and releasing updates almost daily which is not something almost ALL other mods can say, even those that had a team working on them.

As this is a thread for posting patches in progress, today's patch progress is:

patch v150Lhot patch but also a fresh beginning for some of my save games.

The upper case minor revision name is because the lower case L  "l" looks like "1".

These changes only occur for freshly made save games:
1)a) Vedmak adjusted to use lightning bolt instead of flame_arrow or acid_arrow.  Also was missing magic power skill, which would have certainly generated errors or crashes in large battles.
  b)  flame_arrow removed from inventory of quite a few lords and monarchs.  Only demon troops still have them.
  c)  Djinns lost acid arrow and flame arrow as well, slightly increased magic defense.
  d) added flags  tf_no_capture_alive|tf_allways_fall_dead    to all the demon troops {balrogs, hell spawn, hell riders, hell guards, hell knights}
        Men and all the lesser races aren't worthy of their service.
  e) likewise the 3 immortals
  f) Queen Aeralria of the Elves was given lightning bolt and fireball items but didn't have any magic power skill or magic defense skill to use with them, which should have been an issue all this time.
  g) all of the Kings and Queens had magic defense added; if they have spell items they have magic power now as well. 
  h) Blazing Hand lords have magic defense added
  i) tier 1 skeletons stop spawning with glaives they can't use effectively
  j) all pretenders to thrones have added magic defense now
  k) all Mageocracy lords now have magic power and magic defense, which the lack of these should have been causing errors in the past
  l) Bogatirka Marayirr and Lord Gearth (and also Lord Gerlad) gained magic defense AND magic power, should you ever consider either a spouse.
  m) Zecond's skeleton gear suggestions: crossbows for infantry, remove short bows and normal arrows from skeleton archers, remove bardiche from cavalry
  n) slight increases in starting weapons proficiencies for higher tier skeletons.  Zombies also slightly improved.
  o) Wolfweres increased 1 hand weapon skill in case they (later) ever get disarmed, such as by certain disarm capable weapons (to be introduced).
  p) Wolves increased weapons skills also.
  q) companion Molocauduhm given a small added magic defense; likewise Padubast and Cortranna

2)a) It looks to me like my sg08 and sg06 save games were corrupted and giving wrong troops access to list_10 (clerics)
    this threw all the cleric spells off and blocked paladins from full effectiveness.  making a fresh savegame for testing cleric spells.
    b) replaced sample savegames sg08 and sg06 with a female Drow good cleric and a party that is welcome in both orc, drow, and every human town as a demonstration of how to work party skin balance to your favor in the prejudice system.  She is also set up in Rigale crafting and foraging; no cheating was used/needed.  Sg08 is pure neutral party balance and sg06 is leaning towards humanity and good as if she hangs out near blazing hand for long she will be offered a fief and vassal status.  Some places are less sexist than others; it depends where a female player spends time.

===
short interrupt 2-3 hours now for unscheduled stuff at my day "work".
Just got back.  That 2-3 hours guess really took 5 hours of my day. 
  I'll make section 1 into a script that autoruns 1 time exactly so people don't HAVE to restart for tomorrow.

Thus L0 today is mainly suited for people restarting anyway.  In my case, non clerics started casting cleric spells and my clerics stopped turning undead and casting heals, for sg06 and sg08; probably sg07 as well but I haven't had time to check.  I'll blame those on patch 150d some long time ago (almost 2 weeks).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uRBQMdDFJQ-iE0Uv-ZVBvYQR8AkeZCMj/view?usp=sharing

started patch v150L1hot patch

1) auto-update all the changes in section 1 of patch 150L0 above, via script that detects if the created savegame was L0 or otherwise if the script had not run once previously, and when so updates the savegame the following in game day.  The changes should slightly buff necromancer troops especially, not that they need yet more of my time.  Game stability should improve with lords and kings/queens having corrected stats to match spell intermediate items, which should otherwise crash when used by troops not correctly prepared for spell casting.  This is one of the reasons item cheat is off.  Many NPC lords had items for spell use, from before "spell reform"in the last many months.

b) couldn't change demonic troops (and the three immortals) by script; their handling is done at start of new game.
    The best I can do is auto-change their loyalty in battle so players voluntarily stop recruiting them as backstabbing fiends, which they are.

c)    did change skeletons, zombies, mercenary mages, wolves, bears, vedmak, djinn, companions  troops so far.
    kings/pretenders/lords;  about 250 lines so far in total.    Added a check so that companions already upgraded didn't get downgraded. DONE

2) Restored Gauntlets of ogre power to 4-ways inn and greatly increased chance to find them; likewise increased chance for ring of healing and scimitar of speed.
    Replaced Archmage robes (at 4-ways inn vendor) with Expert robes and cut the price in half, as Archmage robes have a viewing issue with the overlarge collar / left sleeves.  Increased rate for this item rolling also to make it easier to find.  Tested available & working using version L sg06.

3) Naikjoy sent a non-IP infringing artwork for the main menu.  To use it, drop THIS file over the existing one at Textures folder under the map (perhaps first making a backup or renaming it slightly), and next time you start the art is slightly plainer but won't get us in trouble.  Actually it looks darn good, in my opinion, and anyway its a hobbyist mod.
  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HPJ4g7IHNXUqlSgFwetqwXs6iwHdlYrg/view?usp=sharing

it looks like this  (with version info as always an overlay placed after the mod loads):

Eg3fb.jpg

4) changed  xgm_mod_options_game_menu.py  to place the label for "Phantasy 2018 Settings"  instead of 2017.

StatusReleased

Where can I read about new game mechanics?
- dodge (where can i check current level, how do i increase it, what it offers)
- unarmed combat (?)

Regards

started work on patch v150L2hot patch

1) tried to reduce all the places I could see by timed event check for prisoners of any sort to leave party.
    Very tired of all the complaints I get.  Seriously thinking of closing the mod and let the whiners drop out.

2) Set Guspav's simple trigger 131 "alignment checks"  (which for some reason whiners think is my prejudice engine, but its not)
to skip the player and start counting party stacks at 1 not 0 (as 0 is the player).  This then makes each check start with
        (try_for_range, ":i_stack", 1, ":num_stacks"),
            (party_stack_get_troop_id, ":troop_type","p_main_party", ":i_stack"),
            (troop_get_type, ":type", ":troop_type"),
            (neg|troop_is_hero, ":troop_type"),

Having done this, leave me alone on this.

3) for the person who not only complained but opened a formal complaint against the mod at Nexusmods for having a flawed "merchants brother quest",
VKnOS.jpg
  I guarantee if that was enough to trigger you, you belong at "Hello Kitty", not Warband.

s_t #140  tests within 24 hours if any of the startup merchant quests are open then forces them closed.
  All the remainder quests in the line are opened then closed to prevent the player from accidentally restarting them.
  "qst_collect_men"
  "qst_learn_where_merchant_brother_is"
  "qst_save_relative_of_merchant"
        if this quest is open the lair is found and removed from map so it never our wastes time again
  "qst_save_town_from_bandits"
  all the states for the merchant are set to prevent the player from going into the city and lurching into his house to try to start a quest by any means possible.

Tested: works.  At least something came of this.

4) Dialogs  Mage Guild
    originally the test for starting the quest to become a Mage was very precise.  When savegames became corrupted by patches changing the order of variables restored it was possible to have a mismarked character get blocked on this quest, so I made it relaxed for requirements to see the dialog.  Some players decided this was a free second book (selling for 500 denars) but instead of stealing a book from me, they hung themselves then complained bitterly that its MY "bug", even though they were the ones stealing.  Its bugged because their exploit failed.
OK closed, and if noone has any objections, I'd like to set my own priorities for fixing things instead of being dictated at gunpoint by social media.

5)a) added Elven Tiara to 4-ways inn.
        Tripled its price.  Added Whydott's fix for archmage robes.  Reverted Archmage robe availability at 4-ways inn.

b) reduced renown gain from bard entertainment (play songs) from 20 renown to 10 renown.  It takes twice as long now to gain the same renown by playing music.
  c) however, Epidemics give renown with critical successes when burying dead or curing disease. Everyone loves to hear about miracles.

6) found an error in use of  "script_get_skin_to_skin_prejudice"
      it was using a call that used to return values in reg0  and some time ago I set that to reg1 when working with spells.
    All this time the diplomacy prejudice skew was looking at the wrong register, these past several weeks.
  Found this while setting a multiplier for prejudice at diplomacy (half the like and 2x the hate when testing for new wars).

found an error in setting wars and peace; adding prejudice too soon messes with the test of "is this already AT war or not"?
  and so incorrectly forced peace.
      AND... managed to have almost every kingdom declare war at once.
  found the last prejudice amplifiers and cut them in half.  It feels about right.

7) "script_merchant_road_info_to_s42"  needs changes for list of  actor_factions  at ln 48228
    white bolt spell is still down, as is chaos.
        those will have to be tomorrow or next week.

StatusReleased

gsanders said:

1) tried to reduce all the places I could see by timed event check for prisoners of any sort to leave party.
    Very tired of all the complaints I get.  Seriously thinking of closing the mod and let the whiners drop out.

2) Set Guspav's simple trigger 131 "alignment checks"  (which for some reason whiners think is my prejudice engine, but its not)
to skip the player and start counting party stacks at 1 not 0 (as 0 is the player).  This then makes each check start with
        (try_for_range, ":i_stack", 1, ":num_stacks"),
            (party_stack_get_troop_id, ":troop_type","p_main_party", ":i_stack"),
            (troop_get_type, ":type", ":troop_type"),
            (neg|troop_is_hero, ":troop_type"),

Having done this, leave me alone on this.

3) for the person who not only complained but opened a formal complaint against the mod at Nexusmods for having a flawed "merchants brother quest",
VKnOS.jpg
  words cannot begin to describe my disappointment with you.  Please uninstall the mod immediately and spare us both loss of momentum in our day.  I guarantee if that was enough to trigger you, you belong at "Hello Kitty", not Warband.  I'll do everything in my power to remove the quest so you can't feel permanently injured for not having the tutorial quest.  I think you can get that in many mods; please get it from those so I can focus on the things that make this mod unique, rather than burn time making it the same as other mods. Minute per minute, its a better use of my time.

s_t #140  tests within 24 hours if any of the startup merchant quests are open then forces them closed.
  All the remainder quests in the line are opened then closed to prevent the player from accidentally restarting them.
  "qst_collect_men"
  "qst_learn_where_merchant_brother_is"
  "qst_save_relative_of_merchant"
  "qst_save_town_from_bandits"
  auto-set starting town where that was set to -1 in order to skip the first bandit

If nothing else of importance got done today, thank this person for choosing signal it an "emergency" at NexusMods instead of letting me pick priorities for my time.  I could have been fixing something that impacts thousands of people than 1 self important HelloKitty player.
Not the most diplomatic way to deal with this issue, but I can definitely understand your position and agree, that the one that reported your mod was being an idiot  :lol:

EDIT: Is the tutorial quest chain the only one that is bugged or are quests simply a low priority because there are more important issues that need to be adressed?

Healerbob said:
EDIT: Is the tutorial quest chain the only one that is bugged or are quests simply a low priority because there are more important issues that need to be adressed?

It's this.  There are also tutorials for how to hold a weapon, how to shoot a bow, how to ride a horse that are bugged.
  I can either devote my life to making the game Native, or I can work on mechanics that are unique.  There isn't time to do both.

I personally love the starter quest the way it was, "Let's pretend all of this has happened and here is your reward", giggled at that.

I appreciate all of your hard work with this mod. It is unique, runs well and has some of the best combat AI I've had the pleasure of fighting against in a M&B mod. Thanks. 

gsanders said:

5)a) added Elven Tiara to 4-ways inn.
        Tripled its price.  Added Whydott's fix for archmage robes.  Reverted Archmage robe availability at 4-ways inn.

b) reduced renown gain from bard entertainment (play songs) from 20 renown to 10 renown.  It takes twice as long now to gain the same renown by playing music.
  c) however, Epidemics give renown with critical successes when burying dead or curing disease. Everyone loves to hear about miracles.

StatusReleased

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Dont take the Nexus report to heart...the place has been in an uproar the last few days since they forced the new design...havent seen the place so torn since Bethesda tried to force paid mods on everyone almost 2 years ago and I am actually not sure the place is going to recover from this one. Community is torn and very toxic right now with a lot of people saying they are walking away from the site. So, you may have been reported by someone trying to ruin the site by getting mods taken down to piss off those hosting mods on the site.

CalvinG said:
Any chance you might put this on Steam?  I know nothing of what is involved.

Its a lot of work for me to put on steam.  The problem is, I don't really need MORE work -- there already hundreds of things competing for my time.  SO it wont happen any time in the next few months, unless there were 2-3 weeks with no big problems.  I don't expect to see that for a good long time.

CalvinG said:
Any chance you might put this on Steam?  I know nothing of what is involved.

If you are using the Steam version of the game you can install mods on your own easily.

Steam should be located in your main drive C:razz:rogram Files x86/Steam/SteamApps/common/MountBlade Warband/Modules

Once in that folder, unzip the mod file you downloaded into it...taa daa, its installed.

feydras said:
Malgus20033 said:
So, when will the patch or new version come out (if it will)?

When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east, When the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves. When your womb quickens again, and you bear a living child. Then it will be released, and not before.

THIS.

Actually, that would be version III, with flying and such (and Buddhists).

You didnt edit skeleton archeres, they use a logbow with 23 damage +1 for arrows and 1 power draw so about 30 damage give or take, a lot less than a hunting crossbow, either make the archers with 3-4 power draw or equip them with normal crossbows otherwise they are pretty much useless

zecond said:
You didnt edit skeleton archeres, they use a logbow with 23 damage +1 for arrows and 1 power draw so about 30 damage give or take, a lot less than a hunting crossbow, either make the archers with 3-4 power draw or equip them with normal crossbows otherwise they are pretty much useless

He did edit them.

vrork said:
zecond said:

He did edit them.
No he edited only the skeleton, warrior skeleton, and heavy warrior skeleton. Only those 3, the skeleton archer is from the specialised skeletons that unlocks at necromancy 6, those are  suposed to be a mid-lower tier trops that necromancers can spam, shaodws are high tier troop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom