Currently working on...

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
imyungdae said:
Would it be possible to take a look at guild master quests as well? Right now I can only buy enterprise in my town of choice at start. I'd like to improve my relation with another cities too, so I can have more enterprises and income. But with the guild master bugged it's not possible.

probably everything got shifted in the savegame between 150 and 150d.
  I see all the global variables are mis-aligned now that I add more tools to inspect them from within game.

I've also been given a task at work for the rest of the day.  hmm.
  I'll try to research a way to un-screw this, but I'm supposed to be doing a different task right now.

gsanders said:
imyungdae said:
Would it be possible to take a look at guild master quests as well? Right now I can only buy enterprise in my town of choice at start. I'd like to improve my relation with another cities too, so I can have more enterprises and income. But with the guild master bugged it's not possible.

I see all the global variables are mis-aligned now that I add more tools to inspect them from within game.

I'll try to research a way to un-screw this, but I'm supposed to be doing a different task right now.

I solved that problem already by purchasing a drink for 1000 denars in tavern, and I could buy enterprise. So i did a workaround to the problem as you suggested.

On the other hand. It's day 60+ and there are no wars going on amongst native factions. There are the scripted wars going on like Blazing Hand vs. Undead faction (Delthersam I think it's name) but aside that, nothing... I could accept the make war quest from a lord, but they pick the farthest faction so... that's not that neat.

But anyways, real life is the priority, so concentrate on doing that...
You mentioned that your wife had a heart attack, I hope she is okay by now. One of my family member has lung cancer so, yeah... Serious illness is not a thing to be taken lightly.

imyungdae said:
gsanders said:
imyungdae said:

On the other hand. It's day 60+ and there are no wars going on amongst native factions. There are the scripted wars going on like Blazing Hand vs. Undead faction (Delthersam I think it's name) but aside that, nothing... I could accept the make war quest from a lord, but they pick the farthest faction so... that's not that neat.

But anyways, real life is the priority, so concentrate on doing that...
You mentioned that your wife had a heart attack, I hope she is okay by now. One of my family member has lung cancer so, yeah... Serious illness is not a thing to be taken lightly.

My wife needed emergency tooth surgery christmas day.
  But after not one but two root canal operations (2 hours plus a follow up 1 hour) in the last 3 days she lives, as do I.

The NEXT day, Dec 26 I had a heavy angina attack.  They come and go.
  Whether this mod was involved or it was just my fate is a matter for pundits.  I might take the mod seriously, but mainly because of 3000
downloads in the last 5 days, I expect half of them are gone already. I'm serious for the half that stayed.

I think I found how to keep global variables from moving, so as to align.
  The diplomacy values might have moved too during the last patch.  EVERYTHING moved.  I think I can align it back to 150/150a/150b
for this patch, although that will require anyone that adjusted their savegame at 150d to adjust it again at 150e; those that touched nothing but noticed its not as it was can wake up with it blissfully behaving. hopefully.  Checking now...

gsanders said:
The NEXT day, Dec 26 I had a heavy angina attack.  They come and go.Whether this mod was involved or it was just my fate is a matter for pundits.  I might take the mod seriously, but mainly because of 3000
downloads in the last 5 days, I expect half of them are gone already. I'm serious for the half that stayed.

1. I read that as heavy vagina attack and was going to congratulate you  :oops:

2. While supporting your mod is great, please do not lose yourself in it. As a modder of other games I know full well the danger of burnout and even the possibility of becoming so disgusted that some just plain stop doing it all together. Dont let OCD keep you from taking some time for yourself and family  :wink:

adrakken said:
gsanders said:
The NEXT day, Dec 26 I had a heavy angina attack.  They come and go.Whether this mod was involved or it was just my fate is a matter for pundits.  I might take the mod seriously, but mainly because of 3000

1. I read that as heavy vagina attack and was going to congratulate you  :oops:

2. While supporting your mod is great, please do not lose yourself in it. As a modder of other games I know full well the danger of burnout and even the possibility of becoming so disgusted that some just plain stop doing it all together. Dont let OCD keep you from taking some time for yourself and family  :wink:

I have a meeting with my family scheduled in 30 minutes.  It's pathetic they have to schedule time with me these days, for something that's free.  I'll really have to explore how to link patreon with NexusMods.  They sort of put a "buy GS a subscription to NexusMods" link for me, but I guess I'm not worth the $2.  Not sure how to proceed from there, but there was a freaking forest fire in the mod and I think 150e, which is already released 5 minutes ago, solves MOST problems.  I must really look like a twit with "bad software" with this whole 150 release, but you know, on a good day the mod was worth the time.  I think it's only been 5 days, 6 maximum, the "official life" of the mod.  On the seventh day even Our creator rested, but I suspect he had more CPU cores and a much faster clock rate, but I digress...

Cody712 said:
Do we need to start a new save game for the 150e update? I will do it just in case  :smile:

If your save started with 150/150b, it may well work just fine with 150e, except changes written by 150d MAY have messed it up.
  If you started in 150d, then 150 e will mess up that save.

It shouldn't hurt to restart in 150e, so if if its fine with you its fine with me.  I'll try not to mess up save games now that I (re-)discovered the "trick".

Hey I have a question about "mana" regeneration. In some fights it is just crazy, I can stand and throw fireballs almost nonstop and in others I spend it all and then have to wait for it to sloooowly regenerate to cast a couple of magic missiles. Im playing with full archmage set + staff and 40 int and 13 in magic power as of now and been seeing this quite a lot of times.

gsanders said:
v150fhot patch

1) Ironston castle fix:  24 hours after waking up (and might be earlier, depending on the state of the timer driving this)
      wake up, check if a certain slot value on a seldom used troop has a non-zero value yet, if still 0,
      check all 1000+ parties on map for distance to Ironston castle, any within range 2 get relocated to vicinity of Silverwitch village.
      then move Ironston castle, then mark the slot to non 0 used as a check point, so that this operation is done 1 time only without
      defining any NEW slots, which would break save game.

EDIT:  so I did all that, tried to move the 5 or so parties stuck, they all moved, tried to move the castle, it moved... to Swadia at location 0,0
      I'll respawn it near Silverwitch village randomly, which is technically the exact same code that worked for the stuck parties,
for games already in progress.  Status:  This works but the castle will end up very close to the village.  If I set the random distance higher it could end up in the ridge line again.  If it really bothers OCD types, they can restart their game and the spacing will be nice and the castle far from the ridge.
for fresh games theres a specific place I dragged it to before game start.
At least I have the code to reference for next time, which took most of my day.  It's such a small operation too!

2) Diplomacy war & peace at "script_diplomacy_start_war_between_kingdoms" adjusted so that positive prejudice modifier is set to 1/2 value
  and negative prejudice modifier is set to 3/2 value before adding to current diplomacy reaction for base faction relation, to break up too long period of peace.

3) put into #1 above a quick update for adding unarmed combat skills to some npc companions, kingdom ladies, and minor troops for local color.
I doubt you'll have much chance to use them but at least they are there without requiring a fresh save game.  Fresh save games call a script to set the same skills also.  This is a by product of the trick I plan to let fix #1 happen 1 time only in currently running save games.  I don't know if I have time to tweak unarmed skill today, but any 1 time changes to the data stored I should add now. No new slots are defined, keeping it save game safe.

4) brawler (unarmed combat) update exactly as listed at
      https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,305005.msg8899662.html#msg8899662

5) added a check at all the mana regen procedures in mission_templates  and script_phantasy_spell_item_limiter to check for mana < 0
      and if so set it to 0 before starting the refill.

StatusReleased

moved because focus got pulled.

The newest updated version is the one in moddb or the one in the cloud?

P.S love your work man, i've seen Reformist play it on youtube and it is incredible!

iDumDum said:
The newest updated version is the one in moddb or the one in the cloud?

P.S love your work man, i've seen Reformist play it on youtube and it is incredible!

ALWAYS the cloud for 1 MByte  PATCHES.
  I'll mirror latest patch to NexusMods in case anyone fears Google.

Moddb / NexusMods for the 711 MB base file, I just don't have the bandwidth.

Yes, I just saw Reformist's series thanks to your link.

Finally got a chance to fully dive into the mod...

Bro, 5 f**king stars. For the first time I can play a mod that brings Dungeons and Dragons like themed gameplay to M&B in more ways I thought would have been possible with this game. Mages, Clerics (loved finding the several dozen Deity choices BTW), Paladins, Necromancy, Undead of most types...

If this mod had dragon skins I would s**t myself...even not animated ones, just a skin on an enemy that can cast fireballs or lightning to roleplay with lol. Damn near perfection man, be proud of your work as there is little the mod is lacking outside of the things virtually everyone wants in all mods like more weapons/armors(especially female)/banners.

Cudos to you.

BTW, Nexus allows you to upload update files to your mod page while keeping the original 1.50. There is even an option for you to move 1.50 down to an (older files) section if you ever release a new full file to put in its place. Upload the updates to them ONCE, let them use the bandwidth to get it out to everyone else.  :fruity:

adrakken said:
Finally got a chance to fully dive into the mod...

Bro, 5 f**king stars. For the first time I can play a mod that brings Dungeons and Dragons like themed gameplay to M&B in more ways I thought would have been possible with this game. Mages, Clerics (loved finding the several dozen Deity choices BTW), Paladins, Necromancy, Undead of most types...

If this mod had dragon skins I would s**t myself...even not animated ones, just a skin on an enemy that can cast fireballs or lightning to roleplay with lol. Damn near perfection man, be proud of your work as there is little the mod is lacking outside of the things virtually everyone wants in all mods like more weapons/armors(especially female)/banners.

Cudos to you.

BTW, Nexus allows you to upload update files to your mod page while keeping the original 1.50. There is even an option for you to move 1.50 down to an (older files) section if you ever release a new full file to put in its place. Upload the updates to them ONCE, let them use the bandwidth to get it out to everyone else.  :fruity:

well, as you well know, I already made a successful test of flying in this mode, in this code.  I'll put it here in case you missed it:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEbWpFcm5QV1VUZVU/view?usp=sharing
  so putting a flying, really flying dragon in the game is now possible.  I just need artwork in .brf resource form for the model.
  But with so many things that needed fixing, it hasn't been my focus.  I keep saying people are focused on little stuff, and my gaze is kind of farther away.

The many cleric deities is Guspav's glory.  He did all that, along with spell selection.  He did a lot of things.  Pretty much ALL of the D&D stuff was his alone.  Even the gauntlets of Ogre power.  He also really broke his own mod.  It was a mess.  Its better now.  I couldn't have made the mod I wanted without HIS help.  But in all candor, HE couldn't have made the mod he wanted without MY help.  We both got what we needed.  And everyone gets tired, and depressed and drops the ball eventually.  Guspav was so active once he's in Taleworlds credits for Warband itself not once but TWICE.  For WARBAND!

I'm mainly sorry the community had to suffer through so many issues on opening week.  But I really, really wanted it out for Christmas.  Sort-of that much happened...

I'll say a lot of the middle work I did.  My focus was "realism", not D&D per se. 
Diplomacy integration, prejudice, remaking faction viewers, anything found in reference section, remade tree viewers, dynamic resists, rebuilt data model, tools for tracking changes to that model, about half the cheat menu, making rigale be able to sleep and wake up at a flick of a switch without breaking save - these I did.  I did the economy changes, the enterprise changes, yesterday's unarmed combat, the list changes to support more casters of all types; I did dodge with cool down, ironflesh changes, maybe fixed Guspav's stealth, expanded the radius of most cleric spells, redefined blazing hand females, put 75 craftable items for rigale, made epidemics easy money, and DID NOT do the tournaments.  I did the skins, the virtual skin AI behavior for blazing hand and mageocracy to dislike each other, the shift to diplomacy for prejudice, the changes in village recruitment, the second town menu layer, the changes to wife as a companion, the fight either side was already in the diplomacy base I used, as was code needed to support multiplayer, but I turned that off because the spells wont work well multiplayer.  I sped up the party slightly, increased the supplies at villages, gave more portions of food servings, made drinks give morale, fixed 3000 cases of gender mismatch in dialogs, changed undead morale effects, food use, party size limits, morale penalties, undead breaking away calculations, sped paladin auras, put encumbrance in game, made the low level mechanics for curses and blessings to change stats for agents in battle without exploit risk to stats OUT of battle.  PBOD may not work ideally but it does some things correctly - spears vs mounts, out of ammo archers, dismounted cavalry.  PBOD messed with Guspav's (MadVader's) deathcam by adding its own deathcam, thats fixed.  PBOD shield bashes made every non human male skin a human female for sounds is fixed.  Female faces are mostly more pretty, except orc, and I can accept the orc as well.  Orcs have heavier armor but tend to be stronger than they look, with good ironflesh ratings.  Undead are stronger than they were.  Magic resists are up across all troops. Auto-calc now understands mages and clerics, so long as diplomacy terrain adjusts are left enabled.  It could be worse.  I mention it not to pat myself on the back, but because I want to prove it was a two person job.

I actually prefer NexusMods for patches; I have more control over how it presents the mod.  Moddb everything is sent to Guspav, who won't reply, and if I put another version up it splits the forum up.  My hands are tied at Moddb.  But its at least 5 times more downloads.  For now.  I'm happy with what NexusMods gave me for tools.  It's pleasant to update there.  I can manage files easier there.  But there is less traffic.  I suppose I could have launched easier there alone, if it weren't for wanting to make it available for Christmas, so time limited.  I didn't expect so many real issues, such as crashes to desktop, but many of those were made worse by a high number of rare objects suddenly being used (rings of healing, guantlets of ogre power etc).  I think those issues are mostly straightened out.

I'm still looking for where the mount does 500 or 1000 damage.  I guess its not from charge speed after all, but probably a bite or unicorn stab or something.
I still get people complaining of little things, like blood from skeletons.  It didn't bother me but I'm not OCD enough.  I can change all that, they're MY skins file, it just hasn't been as important as these other changes.  I'm still glad ANYTHING works.  If I shared what the mod looked like the day I got it you'd be surprised how different it was.  Thats why I forced the name change.  This is now like some sub-mod to Phantasy Calradia.  But if Guspav is proud of it, then I'll consider it the next evolution.  I still miss him.  But I may have hurt him with my comments.  I know how that feels.  We both did BIG THINGS; and its easy to complain and miss the good things each did.  I've screwed up too.  But this year was better than previous years.  This much is certain.

Thanks for your patience in all this time.  You helped me not walk away from the mod when a few hard headed people wanted me out of here.
You helped me stay.  Thanks for that.  As for female armors, DtheHun gave me the green light to use most of his armors, which are very female indeed.
They could use a little Warband rework, as with Elf and Drow armors.  Maybe Dwarf armors need rework also, in a technical sense.  The mod still gets overloaded when too many of these faction's armors are on screen.  But it could be worse, and has been.  I'd like flying and underwater swimming next year.  Its doable, but tricky, and harder than it looks given Warband's engine limits.  Bannerlord -- they have to give me a dev kit or its all air.  At least I understand Warband's scripts.  There's plenty that can still be done.

- GS

About the charge damage complaints people are having; when you run over a soldier you'll get both a charge damage that is regularly calculated and "Your mount has charged for 500 additional bonus damage!" Although, it is not exactly 500, but somewhere in the 500-550 range. Certain units are not susceptible like the mage faction golems. This can be done with almost any regular horse. If your speed is high enough which is easily achievable by unicorns you will start to get bonus charge damage from 900-1100.

I think this is part of PBOD. There is a toggle in the PBOD camp menu, "Use Pike/Horse Damage Tweaks" which is causing this.

I didn't put this in the bug reports, because it is not a bug. It's a toggle.

seshy96 said:
About the charge damage complaints people are having; when you run over a soldier you'll get both a charge damage that is regularly calculated and "Your mount has charged for 500 additional bonus damage!" Although, it is not exactly 500, but somewhere in the 500-550 range. Certain units are not susceptible like the mage faction golems. This can be done with almost any regular horse. If your speed is high enough which is easily achievable by unicorns you will start to get bonus charge damage from 900-1100.

OK I'll look for "additional bonus damage" string in mission_templates.  I'd love a screenshot of one of these so I can search more accurately. 
Thanks for all your help.  PBOD -- yes I can believe this.  It is a completely different set of files, so is always missed when hunting for issues.
Yeah that probably is the case.  OK I'll look for it tomorrow, family permitting. 

I like how Reformist always says "devs" like its a 16 person team when talking about changes.  Its been me,  for the last 5 months, and what little gleanings come from the community.    I know I'm toxic, but I'm what the mod was given.  I'll try to be nicer next year  :wink:

No problem! I probably should have said something earlier whoops. Also I hit "post" too soon instead on that earlier message so I edited in the rest.

gsanders said:
well, as you well know ~ SNIP

As a modder I know full well that every single person that works on a mod is important. Everything is tied together. While the "coder" ties it all together, what is he without the person supplying the artwork for new assets that need the coding? Gus had that foresight to start this mod and genius to come up with some innovative ideas as well as the generosity to allow someone else try to fix what he could not and let his baby grow into an adult...which makes your work equally as important since you raised his child.

So when I congratulate you on the mod, its due to you being the one that released that end product to the world.  :wink: and also why I say I can "for the first time I can play a D&D style mod) is due to so much being fixed and the things you implemented (like more magic types, cleric spells) that added a world of depth to the mod, even the little things like making Blazing hand dislike the Mages...it makes the setting more fitting and enhances role-playing since Necromancy is a form of magic, religious zealots like Blazing hand would form a prejudice against all magic! Anyway, it was not meant to ignore or belittle Gus's or anyone else work, I have too much respect for anyone that contributes to mods to do that.

As for the ModDB getting more downloads, its due to the history of Nexus not being known for M&B mods and players habits of going to ModDB for new mods for the game. Some keen advertising will increase awareness and get people to go to Nexus for updates for this mod. I will update my sig again to help with that a little and try to post on...other threads a little  :twisted:  :cool:

BTW, I actually dont recall seeing the God/Cleric choices in 2014...guess that is what I get for not choosing to start as a cleric when I first played!

Hello! I am really enjoying the mod and very glad it has been updated after all this time. Hats off to the devs for their great work. Really.

I am currently doing a playthrough as an elf paladin, and noticed at the four ways inn that the gauntlets of ogre power never become available to buy no matter how many times I speak to the seller. This surprised me because watching the reformist's playthrough I saw that the gauntlets were available to his drow necromancer, or, at least that is what I think he was playing.

Is this by design that because I am an elf, this item isn't available to me, or a bug? Thanks!

Hedin: check other thread for your reply. This thread needs to have patch notices.

And, a patch notice:
  Patch  v150g: hot patch

1) a) after enabling unarmed damage checks slowed battles by about 1/3rd, unarmed combat checks are merged with dodge/ironflesh/stealth as a single procedure call.  The overhead from more than 1 proc at every hit by melee or ranged weapons was greatly slowing battles.  There remain another 18 or so spell related procs per hit, but one problem at a time...
    b) unarmed attacks skip dodge, ironflesh, and stealth by the way.

2) the TYPE of damage inflicted by spells was being set by making the technical delivery of damage as if by club, knife, dart etc to change from blunt, cutting, piercing damage types for purpose of penetrating armor and calculating fatal or not.  This leads to the unfortunate observation that a magic user could specialize in 1 hand proficiency and do more damage, at least reading the feedback messages.  For me the other issue is spells were supposed to skip dodge checks, but if the weapon used to inflict technical injury is in the dodge range, the dodge check (and with it, ironflesh check, stealth check) were called. All of this is inefficient and feeds the idea that mages should be 1 hand specialists not throwing.  The elegant solution is to switch weapons to those that are out of range for dodge and let ironflesh apply to only dodge capable weapons range, so that spells can penetrate very high ironflesh again.

3) Barbarian yells after being hit will no longer have female barbarians yelling with male war cries.
  There isn't a female war cry defined yet, but at least its not the male war cry.

4) a) Vampiric bolt speed is improved from 30 to 50; damage is slightly improved
    b) Flame arrow is slightly faster (70 vs 60) and damage is pierce instead of cut so penetrates armor better.
    c) Acid arrow moves faster and does more initial damage (velocity of projectile 65 instead of 40,  damage 35 pierce instead of 25 pierce)
    d) Turn Undead does increased damage (80 as if shadow_morningstar (pierce)  instead of  60 as knife (cutting))
    e) Flame Strike  uses shadow_morningstar (pierce)  for damage delivery instead of    knife (cutting), both for penetrating armor/less armor soak but also
            out of range for dodge/ironflesh/stealth checks so executes faster.  This can be said for all the spells changing damage delivery to "shadow" weapons.
    f) Balrog death blast, invisible animal rider death, player cleric Harm, player cleric Flame strike, player cleric Fire storm:    as above
    g)  player cleric/paladin turn undead: as above but damage is increased over NPC version
    h) drowning, timer check acid arrow, timer check poison -- damage delivery as above to skip dodge/ironflesh/etc checks
    i) Lightning blot travels faster (100 instead of 60) and initial damage from direct hit is pierce not cutting now
    j) Ice storm "killing" check now does blunt damage instead of pierce, so it has a chance to knock enemies out from hail stones instead of kill them

5) FOUND IT.  line 980 "horse trample buff"  pbod_mission_templates.py
    Great thanks to Seshy96 for narrowing the phantom 500/1000 points added from charging mounts.  Its coming from PBOD.  Changed!
  Bonus damage is greatly reduced from horse charges now.  There is SOME but its much less.

6)adjusted "script_game_get_party_companion_limit",
  where party size is set by diplomacy faction policy to make sure the policy isn't using diplomacy party size calculations but something according to calculations set  by the same algorithms as party size report.  Its annoying when imported code overrides my tweaks elsewhere and its blamed on me.

OUT OF TIME TODAY to adjust display of the percentage in party size report.  It shows the policy effect but doesn't say its by faction policy.  I'm out of time today. !!!!

---
  150g_plus
adds
7) fixed report "party size report" to show faction % changes to party size from faction policy.

Party size has changed right? I think I had 250 or so in previous patch, and now it shows as 531, I think monarch bonus has increased aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom