Currently working on...

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mapleveins said:
Is lichdom still a thing in the new version Gsanders, or has it been disabled/requirements increased?

It exists.  The requirements are slightly less than in 2014, per Guspav.
  Becoming a lich automatically makes you a necromancer as well, if you weren't one already (2 for 1 deal!)

It's not something I greatly approve of, but it hasn't been removed either.

v150c: hot-patch for 150 series

from two posts (hopefully not the same person) regarding defending sieges where the player enters town and a crash occurs:

a)  Town menu now will NOT auto-pull the player into a siege, which might skip the crash reported by two users.
  Instead, if they want to partiipate as defenders, they can leave town and re-enter -- attempting to enter town during a siege gives a menu choice to enter the siege on defender's side.  This was how it was in previous weeks, which didn't have a crash.
On the other hand, they could sleep/craft/train through the battle if they aren't paying attention.
At least if the game crashes now, from sieges where I expect the issue was (as it was the only thing changing in the last week, that and b) below,
the player was last sitting at a menu where THEY clicked something, rather than the mod clicking for them, so it will be easier to resolve.

b)  During sieges, only agents that have  slot_troop_is_mage  = 1 will call "script_phantasy_spell_ammo_limiter"
      This might have been poorly handled for not mages/not clerics, but probably was harmless.

c) Magic Missile spell limited to a maximum 4 missiles per cast to reduce a known risk from too many magic missiles burst at very high caster abilities.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1sLjsum2MCZ13aXU_fRRklljp6wpnolQR?usp=sharing

gsanders said:
Mapleveins said:
Is lichdom still a thing in the new version Gsanders, or has it been disabled/requirements increased?

It exists.  The requirements are slightly less than in 2014, per Guspav.
  Becoming a lich automatically makes you a necromancer as well, if you weren't one already (2 for 1 deal!)

It's not something I greatly approve of, but it hasn't been removed either.

I've reached the necromancy level requirement for lichdom from the previous versions but the option isn't in my camp menu so I am spooked.

Mapleveins said:
I've reached the necromancy level requirement for lichdom from the previous versions but the option isn't in my camp menu so I am spooked.
  You probably don't have one or more of the components needed so you don't yet meet ALL requirements.  Anyway, can this wait?  Do you know what time it is and what day?  Am I really expected to have to blow a half hour running this down right now?  It exists, you probably dont meet requirements, I could care less what those requirements are in 2014, and ask again when its not Christmas eve. 

Thanks. 

- GS

gsanders said:
Mapleveins said:
  You probably don't have one or more of the components needed so you don't yet meet ALL requirements.  Anyway, can this wait?  Do you know what time it is and what day?  Am I really expected to have to blow a half hour running this down right now?  It exists, you probably dont meet requirements, I could care less what those requirements are in 2014, and ask again when its not Christmas eve. 

Thanks. 

- GS

oh sorry, wasn't asking for an immediate fix and you didn't have to respond, just was putting it here when I noticed it just in case, enjoy your Christmas :razz:

Edit: I was just one number off, everything is fine :grin:

There is a family emergency happening and I won't be able to reply or babysit today.

Just hang tight.  Whatever you think you're suffering because I shared a game with you, it can wait a day.

Thanks

- GS

EDIT: She wants to get operated on after lunch, by a different doctor.
  I may have time to make some 150d patch then.

patch v150d: hot patch

1) allows entry to castle/town under siege but the battle has not begun.
  Not sure if it will pull you into battles already fighting but at least it allows entering the castle under siege.

Odin_of_Asgard said:
There's a new class system? How do you multi-class? Respond at your leisure, I know it's Christmas  :party:

Also is there a place where all these features all laid out

Try my handy walk throughs:
  a) https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,372453.0.html    Orc Necromancer becomes a Mage, levels up, trades, buys many spells, in about 45 minutes; without harming a fly*

b) https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,372473.0.html    How to turn on Rigale and use guilds and crafting

c) https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,372430.0.html    Elf Paladin gets a job and 6 levels experience singing for supper, in about an hour, and is wealthy from trading with the dwarves

3 different ideas for what to do in the game.

gsanders said:
Odin_of_Asgard said:
There's a new class system? How do you multi-class? Respond at your leisure, I know it's Christmas  :party:

Also is there a place where all these features all laid out

Try my handy walk throughs:
  a) https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,372453.0.html    Orc Necromancer becomes a Mage, levels up, trades, buys many spells, in about 45 minutes; without harming a fly*

b) https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,372473.0.html    How to turn on Rigale and use guilds and crafting

c) https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,372430.0.html    Elf Paladin gets a job and 6 levels experience singing for supper, in about an hour, and is wealthy from trading with the dwarves

3 different ideas for what to do in the game.

If you say started as a wizard and then leveled faith how do you choose your deity and get an holy/unholy symbol?

Villages will rarely have holy symbols for sale, unfortunately, it is not possible to choose your deity or alignment, so you will be a rather generic cleric. For now, I recommend starting Cleric or Paladin and then cross-classing to Wizard if you want the maximum amount of control over what spells you get.

Nanaki said:
Villages will rarely have holy symbols for sale, unfortunately, it is not possible to choose your deity or alignment, so you will be a rather generic cleric. For now, I recommend starting Cleric or Paladin and then cross-classing to Wizard if you want the maximum amount of control over what spells you get.

I agree with Nanaki-san on this.

The importance of choosing cleric first is mainly the ability to have your alignment set as a by product of the deity you chose.  Paladins don't get a special deity; their alignment is set to good.  But for Clerics, the choice has strong implications for spells.  Heals from good are 50% more powerful; from evil 50% weaker.  If you multi-class late, your alignment is set by your skin (neutral or evil), except blazing hand troops are set to good.  Necromancers are always set to evil, regardless of skin.  Evil amplifies damage of some spells, and good weakens damage of those same spells (curse, harm, some flame strike spells also are impacted by deity choice).  Fire deities have stronger flame strikes for example.  Guspav put all of this in, but I would have weakened goods offense and boosted its defense, and vice-versa if he had not already done so.  Also the radius of effect is alignment controlled for many spells.  Good has longer range for group heals, but shorter range for harm/fear type spells; its exactly opposite for evil.

Also setting a deity changes spirit hammer into a variation, so instead of a generic hammer that can be used in battle as melee or thrown, there are dozens of alternate weapons, one per deity.  It's a subtle difference. There are some spells that won't show except for specific deities also.  I'd say this is an area where Guspav was highly active these last years, and I'm pleased with his subtle selection.

I still feel there should be an option to choose non-violence and get a special reward for mastery of opponents without unnecessary killing, while penalizing needless killing, but that would be more effort to code I suppose.  So for now we reward murder and mayhem instead of something pleasing to Gods worth pleasing...  But next month I might find time to make it so  :smile:  for at least one - two deities.  Just as I have non alcoholic beverages sorted to make a fast check, and vegetarian and non vegetarian foods sorted to check quickly...

EDIT:  moved this because it keeps getting buried.

Opened  patch  v150ehot patch

1) fixed quiver of plenty / javelin of plenty / bolts of plenty not getting loaded into list_08 and therefore never updating
    both these and ring of healing first check if the wearer happens to be a paladin before adding them to list_08 (again), as they would have been in list_08        EDIT: now they have their own list, even better.
This blocks the curious situation where a paladin wearing a ring of healing could/would double cast, which especially for NPCs would have been strange, if there were ever NPC companion paladins.

2) Added DtheHun  to credits for his Drow female guard armor
      He also gave feedback on which of his models were OSP and probably I'll hunt down some more models from him, as they were exceptionally well done.

3)  Missile storm will no longer be auto-copied to spell book if the player enables cheat menu and goes to camp: actions: copy scroll to turn on every spell.
  As only the player can cast missile storm, and missile storm will certainly crash the game, I should probably go make a timer driven routine to just search for if the player has missile storm somehow enabled to remove it silently from their spell book, with an instant decrease in the number of crashes reported.  Even easier, just needed to block it at presentation spell_book.
this was game_menus ln 24945, if Guspav still reads this.

4) Checked and indeed there WAS no ice storm option for copying to spell book.
    Added one where Missile Storm used to be, with the same Magic Power minimum 6 requirement as Missile Storm had.

5) moved Ring of Healing to use list_03, to not collide with paladins or cause npc paladin spells to attempt being cast.
    also moved  quiver_of_plenty, bolt_case_of_plenty, and javelin_bag_of_plenty to use list_03 for the same reason.

6) Added a reminder for people casting magic spells in cleric heavy armor:  (only seen with magic spells, not cleric spells, of course)
        (lt, ":clothes_factor", -2),
        (display_message,"@Your heavy armor weakens the spell."),

7) test remake of brawler_strikes  (unarmed damage).
    I'll have to find a good test for it now.  <-- still testing
  only tested the case where player has 0 skill.  at least it no longer hits for 0

8 ) a) enabled hiring faction recruits without having to have >= 10 faction, BUT the quality of troops offered at 0 relation is very low.
    b) fixed hiring ogres at Orcs, was looking for exactly relation 15, now  >= 15.  Price was 5 for 300, now 5 for 800.
    c) clay golems can be hired at Mageocracy even at relation 0, but the price for all golems is now 500 not 400.
    d) slightly adjusted the ranges for different golem types
    e) dark mages are 5 for 300 not 5 for 200 coin now

9) Found something better than removing a player vendor to curb issues from some users:
  (they're welcome to do whatever they want with their own PC, but not if it next wastes my time).
  Anyway I made the observation the people crashing most had all sorts of special items...
  a) Cheat menu "Items" is now missing.  Pity, it was useful to troubleshoot missing resources and weird video modes
  b) Cheat menu "Add xp to party" turns off when the player hits lvl 18
  c) Cheat menu "give 400 denars" is "give 50 denars".  Its almost as much work now to cheat funds as getting an in game job, but I suppose they'll just use Warband cheats outside the mod.
  d)  Cheat increase player renown now jumps in smaller increments, because it can.
  e)  Cheat menu page 2: Increase Honor.  Really?  You want to CHEAT to boost honor?  Really?

10) edited actions page 2 "Test of player gear" menu calling "script_find_troop_resists" to also show player alignment.
      added a reminder that evil gets weaker heals, stronger harm to others; good vice-versa.
      It's always nice to know just what a person's priorities are.

12) checked script_game_get_party_companion_limit at the top of "reports" menu
    to compare with values obtained by "mnu_party_size_report".
  Menu party_size_report had values set by Diplomacy, that didn't align with my values, so adjusted now.
  This really bothered some people!  What do you want for nothing??
  Ended up changing both.  The formula is a little different now.

13) edited module.ini  to set a lower base party size and to again reduce damage from charging mounts, as mounts that are hasted at 200% movement speed do 400% damage (not because of me, but because thats physics).  e=mv**2, energy = mass * velocity*velocity.  its not Einstein.  It's just how things really are.

14) added version creation information at the bottom of Reports: Reference: Measure parties counts
  One added line dumps the version (major and minor) at the moment the savegame was first created AND the last successful patch
    This mainly because savegames tend to drift as menus move.  Even ONE global variable no longer set for example will shift EVERY setting by one  (this is extremely common).  Something like that happened between 150b and 150d, with ONE variable no longer written that was hanging sieges.  At least this can help find versions faster without having to mail me dead savegames, since with 3000 users that will get old faster than me.  (although I suppose most of them silently give up and leave).
  EDIT: this was happening because variables.txt needed to be in same directory as the source even though target directory is somewhere else.
  I probably used to know that but I've been forgetting more than I like.  I'll be one of those people seen on the street asking for help to get home soon.  Wish I was joking.  It's still an OK mod, my issues aside.

EDIT:  and this shows ALL global variables moved by 1 in the patch 150d coming from 150/150a/150b
    so  $phantasy_version_minor  which came immediately AFTER  $phantasy_version_major, now holds the value that SHOULD have been restored to $phantasy_version_major.  Hmm.  I may yet find a way to cleverly adjust that, but it probably won't happen today.  Pity.
I get all the luck.

EDIT2: I suppose I have a trick now to at least dynamically detect that globals HAVE moved, but it may be difficult to unscrew them once they all shift.  I'll have to research this...
  DONE

15) edited the label at Phantasy Settings:  Dodge enable  to mention the DEFAULT should be ENABLED not disabled now.

16)a) fixed PLAYER shield spell slot # mismatch for magic spell "shield", that would have been a hang to desktop in right circumstances.
    b) moved Balrog taunts to list_03, for reasons similar to ring_of_healing issue
    c) mission_trigger procedure  equip_moloc  had a slot mismatch between looking at the slot contents (slots numbered 0..7)
            and the actual unequip and equip weapon commands  (expecting slot numbers 1..4).  this would have hung the game, but ONLY if someone handed Molochaudhum any items.  He auto equips to slots 2,3,4 once a mission starts (any scene)
    d) equip_mages  where NPC mages try to reserve weapons slots 2-4 (counting from 1-4) still has collisions when shield spell is there.
          now all spell equip to slots check for something already there.  This matters more after a battle has been for a long time, as every so often the spells used are reshuffled by each caster NPC.
    e) bolt case of plenty was trying to add 2 bolts whenever the count of crossbow bolts it carried fell to under 20, but it only holds 20.  Now it can hold 32, and the special effect occurs when under 30.  Don't let it run dry, which limits handing to companions...
    f) quiver of plenty, something similar.  It could hold 30 but started trying to fit 2 more after having below 30.  Now can hold 24 not 30 and the effect starts when less than 22.  Similar comment to above, it stops refilling if count gets to 0.
    g) javelin bag of plenty, same thing.  Effect starts when less than 5, adding two per (very long) tick.  Only held 5. Now holds 6.
    h) Dwarven thrower had too many ammo for the number of bits that ammo count has, causing a unexpected error.  Reduced "ammo" count to be below 255. 

i) set the display of the mage list cleanup message to conditional on spell trace being on
    j) set the display of cleric list cleanup to conditional on spell trace being on  (they're at different locations/delays)
    k) increased magic mana regeneration by roughly 3/2 for Magic Power under 9 [gear worn does not affect the mana regen rate, only Magic Power skill]

17)  adjusted the morale check for blazing hand and orc/drow companions to exempt heros from the prejudice check for morale
        this was done for other checks but the blazing hand check labelled my orc and drow companions as evil, as there wasn't the exemption for heroes, which now there is. Savegame "Tamar Blazing Hand"  sg06

1:cool:  <-- would be nice to be able to un-shift all the global variables shifted by 150d patch now that i have a tool to see which direction the shift went.
DONE, but it will mess with new save games started under 150d.  150/150b that haven't tried to recover will be perfectly recovered.

19) Brawling does something now, but I'm not sure it works as intended yet. At least people with brawling 0 can now do damage, which is an improvement.  Also I had concern that brawling as now implemented interferes with dodging/stealth/ironflesh but it didn't seem to stop battles.
It needs more testing with spell trace on probably...

====  thought of the week:
If you somehow felt the mod has to be perfect or you don't belong here --= think about it.  But if you believe in evolution, this mod is super evolutionary.  It changes every week.  That is sometimes a good thing.

Would it be possible to take a look at guild master quests as well? Right now I can only buy enterprise in my town of choice at start. I'd like to improve my relation with another cities too, so I can have more enterprises and income. But with the guild master bugged it's not possible.

imyungdae said:
Would it be possible to take a look at guild master quests as well? Right now I can only buy enterprise in my town of choice at start. I'd like to improve my relation with another cities too, so I can have more enterprises and income. But with the guild master bugged it's not possible.

I routinely visit other towns and have enterprises there.
  Perhaps you didnt buy everyone a round of drinks, or refused to help them with an epidemic.  To be honest, I've never been turned down for an enterprise EXCEPT where the lord of the town has -3 relation with me.

gsanders said:
E) find a way to remove utterly gauntlets of ogre power, rings of healing, and all other stat modifying items people complain about these days.  Last week the mod was worth playing and a joyous gift if was for Christmas.  Now I'm a turd with a capital T for not making the mod safe for cheats and persons buying weird items, then complaining their game is quirky.  Its a god damned shame I cant just clip those items forever, but now have to run them down in code, spread all over 1/4 million lines of script, because a few people have to find a fight where it didnt exist before.  All right, I'll find them and destroy them.  Its not like I had anything else to do instead.

As I said in the Bugs thread, the guy you buy these "god items" from is so obviously shady, you should expect the items to be "monkey paw" items. Like the "Icarus" spell in Morrowind. Uncontrolled levitation ... until it suddenly stops. Or "Boots of Blinding Speed" where you're unbelievably fast, but also totally blind! Maybe add a dialog line where he says something like, "I, of course, can't guarantee that each item you buy from me will work as you expect it ..." Still, powerful items from who knows where sold by a shady character? C'mon people! He's GOING to cheat you any way he can!

(... although, as a paladin player, I am rather partial to Holy Avenger ... :razz:)

gsanders said:
E) find a way to remove utterly gauntlets of ogre power, rings of healing, and all other stat modifying items people complain about these days.  Last week the mod was worth playing and a joyous gift if was for Christmas.  Now I'm a turd with a capital T for not making the mod safe for cheats and persons buying weird items, then complaining their game is quirky.  Its a god damned shame I cant just clip those items forever, but now have to run them down in code, spread all over 1/4 million lines of script, because a few people have to find a fight where it didnt exist before.  All right, I'll find them and destroy them.  Its not like I had anything else to do instead.

Or, before finishing your next patch you could just open Morgh's editor and add on 6 0's to the price, bring the editable stats down to nothing while increasing their weight to something so high no one will ever buy them again.

This way, if anyone is editing the game on their own, they CANNOT complain about the items being too overpowered anymore since they will be the ones to have made them so.

Also, please dude, never feel like you HAVE TO make changes...this is your work, no one has the right to demand you make changes to it. They can ask, but not demand and you are never obliged to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom