Currently working on...

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, here are a few new items that have been added to the mod:
- two new blazing hand maces

- two new blazing hand morningstars

- there's also the mithril maille (in all pictures) which will not hinder magic. It's current stats are:
weight:          8
body armor: 47
leg armor :  15

How much is there on your to do list before the next release? i can hardly wait to try out some of the things implemented  :grin:

More importantly, how much more effort should I put in my current characters? :razz: (I'm just assuming the next update won't be even remotely savegame friendly).

Ahh it has been a productive day for modeling :grin:
I give you the Balrog Sword. Normally you won't be able to buy these, but If you deafeat an actual balrog you might get them.
It's a vorpal one handed sword, very heavy (requires 15 str), but also quite powerful:
slashes cause 40 piercing damage and thrusts 28 pierceng damage, plus as expected will have a chance of dealing vorpal strikes... and for those who asked for a really evil looking weapon, here you go!

About your questions, there are still a few things I want to add before the next release (off the top of my head):

- Finish the balrog models and textures and add the troop, plus give it to the demon spawn
- Finally make a model and texture for the clay golem
- Finish code for the AI spell casting
- Add 3 new castles for the orcs
- Add one more castle for every new faction plus a few more villages and possibly more vassals (1 or 2, I think)
- Create barbarian frenzy code
- Create models and textures for the new gnomish items
- Play-testing to make sure I am not causing new silly bugs

So, as you see, there are still quite a few things to do, but I am guessing that in a few weeks, the next version will be out... if I don't get swamped by work that is :grin:

Sounds great, thanks for keeping us updated. I had the same problem as teo regarding how far to invest into my current game.

I am now creating vanilla faction super-troops (partially inspired by habeo123's unofficial modifications). They will be recruitable at the towns' recruit menu, but only at very high relations with the faction owning that particular town (the super-troops are culture related).
The stats still need tweaking so don't mind them much.
So far I have made up my mind about 4 super-troops:
Swadian culture will have Knights of the King. They are a much more powerful and heavier version of the swadian knights.

The Vaegir culture will field Vedmaks (witchers). They are fighter-mages with special armor and weapons, they'll be very accurate throwing one-target-spells and will be incredibly resistant to magic

The Nord culture will have a bit of a twist, since their super-troop will be mounted. Their unit will be the Valkyries who will be riding women clad in full bronze armor and wielding swords and spears and throwing javelins.

The Sarranid culture will have the Djann: multi elemental creatures with a very high affinity to elemental magic. they will be somewhat resistant to magic, but extremely adept at throwing spells. The spells they will use will be elemental-based: fireball, flame arrow, acid arrow, lightning bolt. I haven't got a screen shot yet, because I still need to craft their special armor(and maybe weapons).

The Khergits and Rhodoks still need a special unit so suggestions are welcome. I would like, if possible if they were humanoid creatures from italo-balkanic folklore for the Rhodoks and from the Mongols or Chinese for the Khergits so it has a bit more of mystical and cultural flavor.

I made a sort of Duelist super troop for the faction that used to be the Rhodoks in my game. Soldata Fiori. Wearing high tier clothing "armour" with a longsword who swings extremely fast and does piercing damage, but can only do stabbing attacks. And a parrying dagger. Not too folklore'y though. But could probably be made into a bard-like troop, as I originally intended. Was going for å bonus to party morale for each troop in your army, pkus some light magic usage. but failed to actually think of how.

guspav said:
The Khergits and Rhodoks still need a special unit so suggestions are welcome. I would like, if possible if they were humanoid creatures from italo-balkanic folklore for the Rhodoks and from the Mongols or Chinese for the Khergits so it has a bit more of mystical and cultural flavor.

I don't know much about italo-balkanic folklore, but I do know a couple of things about the Mongols.

You could use the term Bahadur. They could be highly skilled, better armored, mounted bowman with halberds. They'll need horses with medium armor, small stature, high durability, and relatively quick speed.

From folklore (since the Khergits most resemble Mongols or Turks), wolf humanoids (half wolf, half human) would be most appropriate if you chose to go that route. Dragons, snakes, and lizards work too if the wolf humanoid is too difficult to create armor sets for.

For the Rhodok's you could make a form of 'Basalisk' Unit that was, respectably magic tolerant, had a mean crossbow and spear, and used heavily stylized armor. A form of elite crossbowman called the 'Basalisk's Gaze' or something equally cheezy would be pretty nifty.

Also: ABSOLUTLY 0 athletics on the Valkyrie, and no Axe? What kind of Nord is that!? >:I

In all seriousness I think it's fine, but putting a few points in it for the Valk wouldn't be game breaking but would help keep her nice and potent in the Nords primary focus. As well, as, maybe, custom javelins that retained the good old bonus to shields from M&B basic, and/or a Valkyrie Halberd that could be used AS an axe if ye old shield broke would be neat. :3

Oh, and why do the Vaegir Witchers have no Magic Power when they're described as spell toters? (and necromancy? Or was that just M&B semi randomization, doing it's thing?)

I like the special units for the native factions :smile:

Swadian: Looks solid, though I'm interested. If it has a crossbow then it can't have both a lance and sword like most Swadian Cavalry. Are you sure about this?

Vaegir: Sweet! I'm interested to see his equipment stats comparative to other factions.

Nord: I love the idea, but I just hope that it turns out well. Having only one unit that is mounted; making that unit their special make cause some interesting effects. I will without a doubt be conquering the Nords (One of my fav factions anyway :grin:!) to test the Valks out.

NEW:

Rhodoks: You almost have to go for a sharpshooter. It really only makes sense, but I think the thing to keep in mind here is that since Crossbowmen don't need the training that the Archers need... You can easily make them on par with most high tier infantry from other factions.

Khergits: Ahh Khergits. A true deep love of mine :razz: The first faction I ever played, and it is easily one of my favorite playstyles with horse archery! Something like the Mongolian Mangudai seems a great fit, but as always I see some changes that could be made. The bows they use I would suggest the "Pattern Bows" from Floris Mod Pack. They have the look of a true recurve and come in several colors! I can speak for the accuracy of the modeling on the bow too; It looks almost identical to the one I'm buying.

Zsword said:
For the Rhodok's you could make a form of 'Basalisk' Unit that was, respectably magic tolerant, had a mean crossbow and spear, and used heavily stylized armor. A form of elite crossbowman called the 'Basalisk's Gaze' or something equally cheezy would be pretty nifty.

Also: ABSOLUTLY 0 athletics on the Valkyrie, and no Axe? What kind of Nord is that!? >:I

In all seriousness I think it's fine, but putting a few points in it for the Valk wouldn't be game breaking but would help keep her nice and potent in the Nords primary focus. As well, as, maybe, custom javelins that retained the good old bonus to shields from M&B basic, and/or a Valkyrie Halberd that could be used AS an axe if ye old shield broke would be neat. :3

Oh, and why do the Vaegir Witchers have no Magic Power when they're described as spell toters? (and necromancy? Or was that just M&B semi randomization, doing it's thing?)

guspav said:
The stats still need tweaking so don't mind them much.
:grin:

All very interesting ideas.  Actually, I have been thinking that theses super-troops could also give a boost to a particular skill, depending on the troop and the troops numbers in the player's party.

About the Valkyries not using axes, that can be easily arranged. I am still not sure about the knights of the king using lances, though. The game still isn't very smart when switching from lances to swords and from swords to lances. I'll think about it, but I am slightly in favor of the knights using a good melee weapon and a crossbow, or maybe just not make ranged weapons mandatory so the game will randomize the weapons: sometimes lances, sometimes crossbows.. and sometimes lances and crossbows with no swords or morningstars (which sounds awful).

About making the khergit super-troop ANOTHER horse archer I am really not that convinced, maybe it would be better to make a troop that balances somewhat the khergits' weaknesses. Maybe some sort of infantry that runs like the wind?

guspav said:
All very interesting ideas.  Actually, I have been thinking that theses super-troops could also give a boost to a particular skill, depending on the troop and the troops numbers in the player's party.

About the Valkyries not using axes, that can be easily arranged. I am still not sure about the knights of the king using lances, though. The game still isn't very smart when switching from lances to swords and from swords to lances. I'll think about it, but I am slightly in favor of the knights using a good melee weapon and a crossbow, or maybe just not make ranged weapons mandatory so the game will randomize the weapons: sometimes lances, sometimes crossbows.. and sometimes lances and crossbows with no swords or morningstars (which sounds awful).

About making the khergit super-troop ANOTHER horse archer I am really not that convinced, maybe it would be better to make a troop that balances somewhat the khergits' weaknesses. Maybe some sort of infantry that runs like the wind?

The Valk: Yes, I do love axes on my Nords! I'm not sure how well they would work on horseback; if you make one handed axes slightly longer like the fighting axe of the Vaegirs then it would lose a lot of the quick hits from the speed/range. 

The Knight: I totally agree with you about those problems! I was just wondering if you had put some thought into all the problems they had; of course you have :smile: Just making sure! I like being able to know what my units will use. To be completely honest, I would love to see the mod that allows you to select what your units will spawn with/use implemented. That way you could have all of the things as options for them to spawn, but use that mod to select which items they will be using.I can't remember the name of the mod, but I know it's in A Clash of Kings with the Unsullied troops!EDIT: it seems that was taken out

Khergit: That would be interesting, but it wouldn't make too much sense since the idea is they grew up in the saddle. That being said; wouldn't it also affect things like overall travel speed? What about the speed rating bonuses they get from horseback? Wouldn't they get it once and then just kind of clump up in the middle whereas with horses they will enter a fight and sometimes pull back out for another full speed run? I can see your concern with ANOTHER horse archer, but there isn't too much else to their formula. It's a good formula; it works. I hope we can speculate some more and gather up some good options, because I would love to see the Khergits get some love!

Sarranids: :S I have little knowledge of Arabic-like units. What little I do know is from the crusades and age of empires  :sad:

try Centaurs for Khergit special troop.

try Hannibal's Elephants for Rhodok special troop, or maybe a lightning bolt javelin for special weapon of foot troops.

The only thing that I could think of for Khergits, was, well, an old Age of Empires staple, bring in a form of Chu-Ko-Nu Crossbow user, though I personally don't like the idea, nor would I know how to make it work as a 'mythos' thing. :mad:

Cause, really, the Khergits and all the factions they're based on, where horse archers. XD About all you could do to make a super Khergit Unit that feels 'right' in their army is just, make it bigger, heavier, but not sacraficing 'that' much speed. (Cause Skirmishing is about all they have.)

Otherwise everything sounds right. You could potentially make a custom lance for the King's Guard that was like, a faster, moderate length lance as opposed to a full on jouster but longer than the joke worthy boar spear? Call it Save the King or something? Or maybe instead of Heavy Crossbows they used a dart or javalin? Magic Throwing Daggers?

Valkyrie Axes would be nice, either as a 'pole arm' or just an elongated 1 handed head taker, where it has the length to be used from horseback, and could swing nice (in Pole arms case, with no shield), while still having effective stabbing (Which is allegedly what you're supposed to do from horseback?)

If you were looking for something to break the Rhodoks Norm, there's nothing saying that the Basalisks had to be Crossbowmen, Basalisk was just a lore creature that came to mind from the italian region that I could see the rhodoks incorporating as a unit base, it could easily be a heavy Cavalry or perhaps even a berserker type. (the shield wall seperates to reveal a small band of the Basalisk's Gaze, who cut down all who cross their path... or, something.)

I like the idea of a wolfman unit for the Khergit. The wolf being the most prominent mythic creature in Mongol folklore. Could call them Progeny of Ornlu or somesuch. And it'd be far more logical for them to be extremely fast infantry with a massive unarmed damage rating. And if possible, a damage bonus dependent on how many others are close by to represent a pack mentality.

I second idea of wolfman unit, especially that Khergit Khanate has wolf in the pic on factions tab.
As for Rhodoks, maybe go both Nord way and with Zsword idea, making Basilisk some kind of super-heavy cavalry on mean looking horse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom