Currently working on...

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somebody said:
Just change the result of ti_on_agent_hit to 0 or use agent_set_no_death_knock_down_only

I have actually tried doing the ti_on_agent_hit thingy, but I just get smacked over the head and normal damage applies.
here's the code:

common_battle_diamond_skin =(
ti_on_agent_hit,0,0, [
(store_trigger_param_1,":target"),
(agent_slot_ge, ":target", slot_agent_diamond_skin,1),
],
[ ])

that piece of code IS activated at every applicable mission template.

I thought the agent_set_no_death_knock_down_only made agents just unable to die but to be knocked unconscious, just  like heroes?

guspav said:
Somebody said:
Just change the result of ti_on_agent_hit to 0 or use agent_set_no_death_knock_down_only

I have actually tried doing the ti_on_agent_hit thingy, but I just get smacked over the head and normal damage applies.
here's the code:

common_battle_diamond_skin =(
ti_on_agent_hit,0,0, [
(store_trigger_param_1,":target"),
(agent_slot_ge, ":target", slot_agent_diamond_skin,1),
],
[ ])

that piece of code IS activated at every applicable mission template.

I thought the agent_set_no_death_knock_down_only made agents just unable to die but to be knocked unconscious, just  like heroes?

IIRC that make the agent knocked down when health is depleted but stand up again, just like when you are hitting the guy with bow in tutorial scene. You might want to check it out.

Right a new progress report :wink: :
I have remade the orcish head models and textures. Personally I think they look a lot better (I'll post pictures later).
New maces and morningstars have been modeled and textured to make the Blazing Hand troops a bit more interesting looking.
All drow troops have been given the new darkness spell (that is how it should be according to D&D lore).
I am working on a script for NPC clerics so they'll use both old and new spells more effectively.

Fantastic! Now where are those maces and morningstars? If we have an orc horde we have to have the weaponry to put them down!

Oh, by the way. Local Cleric is done making his pilgrimages so he should be around a bit more often :wink:.

EDIT: I do love the orcs, but I can't say that you know. Order business :razz:

I'm still making some new maces and morningstars and I haven't really added them to the game itself, just to the brfs, so that will have to wait a bit longer.
However, I managed to resize the Calradia map and made it 2x bigger, that will allow all factions and spawn points to be a bit more loose and hopefully offer more space for a couple of new towns, villages and castles for the new factions and for the upcoming (not necessarily in the next version, but soontm) dungeons and special quest sites.
I have already repositioned all castles, towns, spawn points and bridges, but the villages are still left and that is a lot of work since there are 145 of them, but once I have some spare time, I'll get to that really tedious work.

guspav said:
I'm still making some new maces and morningstars and I haven't really added them to the game itself, just to the brfs, so that will have to wait a bit longer.
However, I managed to resize the Calradia map and made it 2x bigger, that will allow all factions and spawn points to be a bit more loose and hopefully offer more space for a couple of new towns, villages and castles for the new factions and for the upcoming (not necessarily in the next version, but soontm) dungeons and special quest sites.
I have already repositioned all castles, towns, spawn points and bridges, but the villages are still left and that is a lot of work since there are 145 of them, but once I have some spare time, I'll get to that really tedious work.
OMG YEA!!!

guspav said:

Awesome. is there any chance of that meaning new territory for the current races? The wood elves and the drow feel very 'cramped'. A forest island or something would be great for wood elves and maybe we could find a nice spot around the desert and mountains for the drows.

portador de nanismo said:
Awesome. is there any chance of that meaning new territory for the current races? The wood elves and the drow feel very 'cramped'. A forest island or something would be great for wood elves and maybe we could find a nice spot around the desert and mountains for the drows.

"....that will allow all factions and spawn points to be a bit more loose and hopefully offer more space for a couple of new towns, villages and castles for the new factions..."

Short Answer: Yes.

Bump for New Question:

I was wondering if you could give some screenshots and more information on the changes for Elven armor / weapons. I'll list a couple to get you started; if there is anything else feel free to add it.

1.) Since the armors have had to change what can we expect aesthetically?

2.) We know that each tier of unit had certain armor pieces they used that gave specific sets of armor value SO can we expect to have these new Elf armors to have similar stats? Can this be said about the weapons too?

3.) Do you think the new changes to the Elves should make them a faction that is much more interesting to interact with? From personal games I have very little "Elf Battle Experience". I've normally tried to keep them absolutely away from me, and thus I know little about the balance of the Elves. Do you think that with the ability to actually fight them people will start thinking that they are actually Overpowered/Underpowered? Why or why not?

SmurfInHell said:
Bump for New Question:

I was wondering if you could give some screenshots and more information on the changes for Elven armor / weapons. I'll list a couple to get you started; if there is anything else feel free to add it.

1.) Since the armors have had to change what can we expect aesthetically?

2.) We know that each tier of unit had certain armor pieces they used that gave specific sets of armor value SO can we expect to have these new Elf armors to have similar stats? Can this be said about the weapons too?

3.) Do you think the new changes to the Elves should make them a faction that is much more interesting to interact with? From personal games I have very little "Elf Battle Experience". I've normally tried to keep them absolutely away from me, and thus I know little about the balance of the Elves. Do you think that with the ability to actually fight them people will start thinking that they are actually Overpowered/Underpowered? Why or why not?

1.) The armors haven't really changed. Some of their LODs have been recalculated to make them more efficient, but still they take longer to load in game shops for some reason I haven't determined yet. If you know of a OSP or a mod that could contribute to our elven armors to replace them, that would be very welcome (I actually pmed the forgotten realms mod team, but got no answer).

2.) Since the armors haven't changed, the stats are the same :grin:

3.) When I playtest I sometimes do use elves and they don't seem to lag the game. As a faction, I think elves are pretty powerful and very balanced: they have good archers, good mages and decent archer cavalry. Their infantry is composed of fighters who use swords and bows, spellswords who use swords and magic and clerics who use swords and shields plus their cleric spells. I am guessing their weak spot would be on the cavalry side and the low magic resistance, so a heavy cavalry army with mages would be dangerous to them. With the implementation of the darkness spell, drows will also wreck ranged troops so I am guessing elves won't be that effective fighting them.

guspav said:
1.) The armors haven't really changed. Some of their LODs have been recalculated to make them more efficient, but still they take longer to load in game shops for some reason I haven't determined yet. If you know of a OSP or a mod that could contribute to our elven armors to replace them, that would be very welcome (I actually pmed the forgotten realms mod team, but got no answer).

2.) Since the armors haven't changed, the stats are the same :grin:

3.) When I playtest I sometimes do use elves and they don't seem to lag the game. As a faction, I think elves are pretty powerful and very balanced: they have good archers, good mages and decent archer cavalry. Their infantry is composed of fighters who use swords and bows, spellswords who use swords and magic and clerics who use swords and shields plus their cleric spells. I am guessing their weak spot would be on the cavalry side and the low magic resistance, so a heavy cavalry army with mages would be dangerous to them. With the implementation of the darkness spell, drows will also wreck ranged troops so I am guessing elves won't be that effective fighting them.

Thanks for the reply :grin: What battle size did you use? I was concerned specifically about 500~+ battle size which is what I normally use. With all other factions my computer can handle it very well, but elves killed my FPS.

guspav said:
I am using vanilla's maximum:150

Alright, hopefully I'll get the chance to stress test it soon! I could do 150 with the normal Elves, but I use battle size changer to really get a good feel for the battles. That and it makes sure I can't take on whole cities in a siege simply because they can't get enough firepower raining down on my units at once. Without Battle size changer I can literally siege castles with 5 times the amount of units and take it simply because they can't put enough firepower down range to kill my heavy melee troops before they hit the walls. Even with full damage taken to my units and myself.

I find battlesizer to be more or less mandatory in order to get a real battle'y feel rather than the prolonged skirmishing of vanilla settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom