Current state of Persistent Frontier

Users who are viewing this thread

Austro

Master Knight
It seems that the new warband update is causing everyone to crash as soon as they join a server. This has great affected our tests with Beta3.1.
This bug has pretty much put Persistent Frontier on a standstill, all we can really do now is hope Vornne (The developer of Persistent World) can assist us (We sent him a PM) And perhaps someone on the taleworlds forums knows what the issue is caused by.

Rest assured, when this matter is dealt with, we will make a strong comeback with a new patch and a new map. This mod is not dead in any way shape or form.

Good luck. hope you can get this sorted.

It seems that the new warband update is causing everyone to crash as soon as they join a server.

Not sure if this is related but I have noticed this is more common with standard PW now too.

I thought the problem you PMed me about was happening before the latest Warband was even released? Have you made sure it doesn't happen with 1.153, on the same computer, with everything else the same? You can just save all the executables from older Warband versions in your main install directory and double click them to run, since changes to other resources very rarely affect older versions working: I personally have about 20 different mb_warband-x.xxx.exe and mb_warband_dedicated-x.xxx.exe files since 1.134, including a lot of beta and testing versions not released on steam or the main download mirrors. Note that the version displayed in the launcher always seems to be latest version installed, regardless of the version actually being run.

Have people tested whether Native crashes for them in the same way?
Von Blucher said:
Not sure if this is related but I have noticed this is more common with standard PW now too.
Do you mean that sometimes everybody crashes when joining until the server is restarted? Or do you mean that occasionally players crash when joining, then reconnect without anything else being changed and it runs fine? Or do people crash after variable amounts of time played, or after something specific is done, either by them or another player?

I don't think this problem comes from the module itself.
On Napoleonic Wars, I crash a lot, but not as many times as Persistent Frontier.
I think something in PF is increasing the "crash rate".

Vornne said:
I thought the problem you PMed me about was happening before the latest Warband was even released? Have you made sure it doesn't happen with 1.153, on the same computer, with everything else the same? You can just save all the executables from older Warband versions in your main install directory and double click them to run, since changes to other resources very rarely affect older versions working: I personally have about 20 different mb_warband-x.xxx.exe and mb_warband_dedicated-x.xxx.exe files since 1.134, including a lot of beta and testing versions not released on steam or the main download mirrors. Note that the version displayed in the launcher always seems to be latest version installed, regardless of the version actually being run.

Have people tested whether Native crashes for them in the same way?
Von Blucher said:
Do you mean that sometimes everybody crashes when joining until the server is restarted? Or do you mean that occasionally players crash when joining, then reconnect without anything else being changed and it runs fine? Or do people crash after variable amounts of time played, or after something specific is done, either by them or another player?

I thought Wolfstar sent you a PM when I began this thread, I guess not lol.

But it seems that the warband update did something to our scene props. Default Scene (with nothing in it) seems to work fine, Temuzu's map works fine for about 5 minutes then causes the client to crash, and New Spain and Great Plains crash instantly.

Also, it crashes as soon as you join the server with New Spain and Great Plains.

All Wolfstar can do now is try to isolate the scene prop(s) causing the crashes, unless there is some other explanation.

Based on other threads around the forum, I suggest crashing players should verify their game cache integrity if using steam (apparently steam patching didn't work properly for some people), and make sure both the dedicated server and all clients are correctly updated to Warband 1.157: it is not compatible with 1.153, and mixing them could cause crashes.

For me have crashed for same reasons like in offical server it crash in same amount of time and other server (made for events) if i look up it crash so i think crashes happens for same reasons but only in different servers are reasons different.

They said that mod need to update... but there is something more I think...
I hope that server will be back as soon as possible...

Since none of the moderators are answering, I can say that they have fixed the files but there is a problem with one or more of the map props that has been causing the crashes. The team is working hard to find the props and fix and/or remove them so that 3.1 will be compatible with the newest version of warband.

LionsOfBavaria said:
Since none of the moderators are answering, I can say that they have fixed the files but there is a problem with one or more of the map props that has been causing the crashes. The team is working hard to find the props and fix and/or remove them so that 3.1 will be compatible with the newest version of warband.

I am sure they will annouche if the mod files are repaired, hope it will work.

Alright, So far we're still looking for the cause of the crashes on the maps however now since there may be a 1158 patch released it may fix some of the problems which have been caused, chief among them a reloading bug that was unfortunately introduced in the release of 1157. Although 1158 may only have the binary changed (i.e. the game executable) it would be rather annoying if anything else was patched which would need to be changed.

We will still be trying to fix the bug causing the map crashes however we will also be waiting a small while to see if 1158 will be released in the imminent future, If not 3.1 will be released soon (as long as the bugs are fixed).

Wolfstar said:
Alright, So far we're still looking for the cause of the crashes on the maps however now since there may be a 1158 patch released it may fix some of the problems which have been caused, chief among them a reloading bug that was unfortunately introduced in the release of 1157. Although 1158 may only have the binary changed (i.e. the game executable) it would be rather annoying if anything else was patched which would need to be changed.

We will still be trying to fix the bug causing the map crashes however we will also be waiting a small while to see if 1158 will be released in the imminent future, If not 3.1 will be released soon (as long as the bugs are fixed).

All news is welcome, keep up the good work and best of luck.

Have you made sure the server hosters have updated their own module system using the 1.157 .exe?

This was happening for Native servers as well, it was down to the servers updating all the text files but not the .exe

Or vice versa

Back
Top Bottom