Current score system is kind of random

Users who are viewing this thread

Silvernj

Grandmaster Knight
I think that the step to damage scoring instead of pure unit gold cost is a good one but sometimes it does not reflect the impact some players do.
For example, right now to get the most damage done - you need to focus low-tier units which are easy to kill and also focus horses (heavy horse gives more score than a rider).
What I suggest is to add a multiplier that depends on unit cost so the formula be like this - |damage done| * |unit cost| / 100
So that kinda balances kills on peasant and makes heavy cav or heavy inf kill really valuable.

Also, I'd suggest lowering teamdamage multiplier to 1x + lowering horse damage multiplier a bit
@NIN3, please, senpai say what u think
#nin3istheway

I think that the step to damage scoring instead of pure unit gold cost is a good one but sometimes it does not reflect the impact some players do.
For example, right now to get the most damage done - you need to focus low-tier units which are easy to kill and also focus horses (heavy horse gives more score than a rider).
What I suggest is to add a multiplier that depends on unit cost so the formula be like this - |damage done| * |unit cost| / 100
So that kinda balances kills on peasant and makes heavy cav or heavy inf kill really valuable.

Also, I'd suggest lowering teamdamage multiplier to 1x + lowering horse damage multiplier a bit
@NIN3, please, senpai say what u think
#nin3istheway
I'm not sure, but I assumed you still got the "Gold Value" of a unit in Score when you killed it. That would kind of balance it out a little, but its a fair point that under this concept a Peasant unit could be worth more score than a Khan's Guard unit. What you're describing is how I assumed it would work, but it really is just flat "damage done = score".
Are there any posts from the devs on how the new score actually works at this point?

|damage done| * |unit cost| / 100
Might I suggest something similar for cpt mode where units don't have gold values, but group sizes? ([damage done] / [unit size]) * 20
I'm not sure, but I assumed you still got the "Gold Value" of a unit in Score when you killed it.
I would also like for an additional score bonus when you actually kill a unit. Doing 20dmg and killing is worth more, in both modes, than doing 50dmg and not killing. Killing a unit removes a source of damage to your team, damaged units are fully funtional until death.

If you are a skirmish team with flexible players (who can multiclass into cav well) you generally save the horses instead of killing them if you kill the rider off of them. Theoretically this means you can be in a situation where you can be on the winning side of a game yet your team will have an aggregate lower score than the losing team, since they would kill horses and you would save them. Pretty Silly! Pretty Sad!

Might I suggest something similar for cpt mode where units don't have gold values, but group sizes? ([damage done] / [unit size]) * 20

I would also like for an additional score bonus when you actually kill a unit. Doing 20dmg and killing is worth more, in both modes, than doing 50dmg and not killing. Killing a unit removes a source of damage to your team, damaged units are fully funtional until death.
That *20 is arbitrary and useless to the formula as it doesn't change anything except multiply the entirety by 20. Which TW already does for every kill in TDM and is ridiculous.

It's better to just remove that *20

That *20 is arbitrary and useless to the formula as it doesn't change anything except multiply the entirety by 20. Which TW already does for every kill in TDM and is ridiculous.

It's better to just remove that *20
The *20 is to normalize after dividing by the group size. I just took 20 units to be a approximate standard for 100 gold units. I don't know about TDM, but my formula is for captain mode. It is true that having a common factor between all units doesn't affect the proportional scores within one match, but it was my attempt to make scores comparable between game modes.

Should work like this:
Damage dealt * (0.01 * costofclass) = score

You get flat damage dealt, multiplied up (or down if the class is cheaper than 100g), horses would have to counted as a 100g class in calculations.

50 dmg to a peasant = 45 score
50 dmg to a cataphract = 100 score

Haven't played at all so don't know how teamhitting works in relation to score but even just making it *-0.005 so it punishes your score half as much.

Teamhit 50dmg to a peasant = -22.5 score

I dunno just spitballing.

But why would you want that? Nobody compares anything really between the modes.
Not necessarily to sit down and compare, but just so scores represent the same in both major gamemodes. With the factor of 20; 1 point of score represent approximately 1 dmg dealt to a 100 gold unit. Without it; score in cpt mode would be about an order of magnitude lower per dmg. Of course it's not a major problem, but why not have scores reflect the same consept across game modes in a proportional manner?

Back
Top Bottom