Current Mercenary system Issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Does anyone think hiring Mercenary is essential to this game?
The problem with current mercenary system is
1. have to talk to head of house, meaning have to travel around world and find him/her, then hire

2. mercenary will leave you kingdom without any warning, they just, left
well I understand they are mercenary, they are blade for hire, but come on, I hate to hire someone then they leave all of sudden

Can TW please make a "Mercernary board", shows how is available for hire, then offer a price, sign a contract for 6 months or somthing
shows times left, then if you want to continue contract, you need to pay extra denar

for the reason above, I don't find mercenary any useful, they are just too uncertain,
why should I hire mercernary? other than I can directly go recruit some other fiefless lords for 300k+ on average, and exchange for almost permanent loyalty

Anyone find mercenary helpful?

I think they should simply remove all mercenaries clan.
The game is better without them.
Tested it myself by killing all mercenaries clans per console.

If the mercenaries clans are removed or dead, all factions makes more logical decisions in war and tribut.
You see the mercenaries clans are not worth and should simply removed from the game.

And the mercenaries in this game working for love and not for gold, because every time a faction has no lords left, all mercenaries join that faction, even the faction is broke.

Real mercenaries work for gold and not for love.

It would be better if there was a contract system - which is closer to reality. Whereby you hire them for a certain time at a certain rate, with an option for renewal.

But they should be able to walk away if you can't afford them, and like all nobles, you should be able to bribe their services if you can up their current contract price enough.

Either way... I rarely bother with them. Tracking their leaders down is just too difficult when you're focusing on your realm. If I need more men, I look to bribe landless clans.

I hired one for the first time the other day. He told me as long as I was good with his stipulations then he'd work for me. Problem was there was nothing showing me how much he'd cost and for how long he'd work as my mercenary. After two days he randomly quits working for me. As far as I know he never even engaged in one single battle.

And the mercenaries in this game working for love and not for gold, because every time a faction has no lords left, all mercenaries join that faction, even the faction is broke.

Real mercenaries work for gold and not for love.
that's the devs desperately "balancing" the game due to all the "snowballing" complaints.
what do people want? play 500 game years and still struggle to take half the map?

I think a messenger system so you don't have to physically find the clan leaders would be good. The AI does not spend time walking on the map to hire them (or anything else) so the player shouldn't have to either. Likewise a messenger to recruit vassals would be good too and make marriages too, because of course the AI doesn't spend time doing any of these things either, they just instantly do them all remotely.

I think a messenger system so you don't have to physically find the clan leaders would be good. The AI does not spend time walking on the map to hire them (or anything else) so the player shouldn't have to either. Likewise a messenger to recruit vassals would be good too and make marriages too, because of course the AI doesn't spend time doing any of these things either, they just instantly do them all remotely.
I think this came up in another thread...

A notification that says "The hidden Hand is off contract and now available to hire" that clicks through to a screen that allows you to send a messenger to bid/tender for their service would be great.

Or failing that... A notification that says they're available, and tells you where to go to hire them - so you don't have to chase them across the map checking in the encyclopaedia for last known locations that are already out of date when you get there.

Quality of life enhancements.

I don't know if it is still the case but last time i checked, you also had to spend influence to get them in your army. I mean didn't i already bought their service?

I hired one for the first time the other day. He told me as long as I was good with his stipulations then he'd work for me. Problem was there was nothing showing me how much he'd cost and for how long he'd work as my mercenary. After two days he randomly quits working for me. As far as I know he never even engaged in one single battle.
exactly the issue I am talking about

I really hate it just randomly leave my clan

I don't know if it is still the case but last time i checked, you also had to spend influence to get them in your army. I mean didn't i already bought their service?
I think it's you pay gold to hire them, they win battles and win influence, they will "sell" influence to you , and you pay them with gold

I think this came up in another thread...

A notification that says "The hidden Hand is off contract and now available to hire" that clicks through to a screen that allows you to send a messenger to bid/tender for their service would be great.

Or failing that... A notification that says they're available, and tells you where to go to hire them - so you don't have to chase them across the map checking in the encyclopaedia for last known locations that are already out of date when you get there.

Quality of life enhancements.
yeah, how come TW never ever do this after 1+ year???
Mercernary system is so broken now

you have to find the head of house, hire them, then they still leave you, for no reason.....
..... kind of like your ex wife....... hahahahah

TW really needs at the very minimum to make an easier way to contact mercenary clans, be it a messager system, representatives in towns whatever.

A time limit for mercenary contracts would be great as well, with factions renewing it if they are still at war when the contract ends and they can afford it.

Merc clans should also be obligated to stay in service of their employer until the timer ends (the player having the option to leave early and take a relationship hit of course), it would be great if we had backstabbing and drama but i won't even suggest it cause it falls into the "too complicated" realm for TW so just some QoL improvements would do wonders already.

TW really needs at the very minimum to make an easier way to contact mercenary clans, be it a messager system, representatives in towns whatever.

A time limit for mercenary contracts would be great as well, with factions renewing it if they are still at war when the contract ends and they can afford it.

Merc clans should also be obligated to stay in service of their employer until the timer ends (the player having the option to leave early and take a relationship hit of course), it would be great if we had backstabbing and drama but i won't even suggest it cause it falls into the "too complicated" realm for TW so just some QoL improvements would do wonders already.
great idea

for example, if I pay triple the price, the mercenary will leave the current kingdom and join me, even the timer isn't end yet

if you check closely, you don't pay gold to hire them. much like how it would work it you are a merc yourself. you get 0 upfront. and for every influence you trade in you get xyz amount of denars approximately 20% of your total influence will be traded for denars every day at the tick. or their total influence.
so essentially hiring them into your army costs money, and winning battles with them costs money. but the good thing is they'll usually quit your kingdom with half of their hard earned influence

Back
Top Bottom