Current Issues being working on

Users who are viewing this thread

Some people who form like the 10% of the playerbase, skirmish and siege, the backbone of the population, are both nearly dead. Classes are dislikable. No good arguement has been presented yet.

Lack of custom servers is more of an issue than the class system. Most players who came to the game back in April had NEVER played warband and wouldn't know the difference. The main reason why people left the game is that siege (the most popular mode on launch) crashed nearly every game. Nobody is going to play a multiplayer game when the servers don't even work. Taleworlds really screwed up the MP launch with this, and it's mainly their own lack of effort. Siege was only live for about 2 weeks in the beta before EA launch and never was performance tested as it should have been.

Lack of custom servers is more of an issue than the class system. Most players who came to the game back in April had NEVER played warband and wouldn't know the difference. The main reason why people left the game is that siege (the most popular mode on launch) crashed nearly every game. Nobody is going to play a multiplayer game when the servers don't even work. Taleworlds really screwed up the MP launch with this, and it's mainly their own lack of effort. Siege was only live for about 2 weeks in the beta before EA launch and never was performance tested as it should have been.

Lack of custom servers is a big issue indeed, but classes are also one. It's futile to hide this fact anymore because the majority does not like classes, newcomer or not. And why should they? They offer literally nothing over warband's system, the balance is a joke, the customization is non-existent in reality despite the perk variety. TW forgot what 'fun' is with multiplayer and went for an esport route (their words) like they did not know that a niche genre like medieval slashers will never go big. Let's stop defending TW on this one, or act like classes are not big issue, because they are.

Classes are definitely a big issue. It's the same as custom servers. The majority of concern is for the combat and is a top priority for a big playerbase.

The problem is when you have so much "big issues" you have to put a priority on what you want fixed first. This shouldn't even have to be a thing after 10 years of development

I think the reason casual players aren't playing MP is more to do with lack of maps and progression than combat or the class system or custom servers. Even if siege didn't crash half the time Baravenos Encirclement was played most people aren't going to stick around when it's the same three maps rotating.

With that being said, I'm not sure the class system can entirely be dismissed as one of the reasons MP is dead. A lot of small issues probably accumulate into a unfun experience so that a casual player can't exactly explain why they don't want to play anymore. Some people who haven't played Warband might be comparing it to Mordhau, which has a far more interesting equipment system. Overall, I don't see how anyone could play Bannerlord MP and think of the current class system as an actual positive element of the game. At best it seems like someone might have no strong opinion about it either way.

I think the reason casual players aren't playing MP is more to do with lack of maps and progression than combat or the class system or custom servers. Even if siege didn't crash half the time Baravenos Encirclement was played most people aren't going to stick around when it's the same three maps rotating.

With that being said, I'm not sure the class system can entirely be dismissed as one of the reasons MP is dead. A lot of small issues probably accumulate into a unfun experience so that a casual player can't exactly explain why they don't want to play anymore. Some people who haven't played Warband might be comparing it to Mordhau, which has a far more interesting equipment system. Overall, I don't see how anyone could play Bannerlord MP and think of the current class system as an actual positive element of the game. At best it seems like someone might have no strong opinion about it either way.
The problem is that it isn't casual players that are going to run a community. I can say with certainty that most well founded servers in warband had always a team of players behind it that had invested countless of hours into the game.

If bannerlord is only populated with casual players, where people go in and out like a meat grinder, nothing big is going to come out of it. You have to make something special for people to actually start investing money into a game. And this isn't going to be a thing with a class system for example that has almost no replayability to it.

I like the class system for Captain Mode. I think it fits well with the structure of the game-mode, however there needs to be a lot of improvement to the loadouts given as options to us, and we need perks made specifically for captain mode.

2-hand weapon is insanly strong. compare to warband the main difference is the HIT per KILL, this is a concept from other gunshoting fps, and should never even be a issue in a melee base game.

but in bannerlord thanks for the classes system eveyone can afford heavy armor, even in heaviest armor infantry often take 1 hit from crouch lance , 3 hit from horeback spear to die, generally 1 to 3 hit to die from any kind of archer and cross bow, 2 or 3 hit from 2 hander. and for god sake it took at least 4-6 hit from a onehanded sword, 3-5 hit from a axe to die...hammer is great but generally speaking 1 hand weapon is way too slow to do anything against 2 hander even you pull away your shield in 1v1 situation, feint is way too slow so far.

the main difference of bannerlord 2 hand is they are significantly longer than warband, i think the longest 2 hand in warband is great axe, thats around 130. in bannerlord we even have 2 hand length more than 200.

the swing arc is already twice as wide than warband combine with this length i often see people just running back toward me and still hit and kill me with 2-hand weapon, crazy stuff

swing arc is further contribute to the fact that the game feel heavily like a spin contest, personallly right now i used left swing for attack right swing for defence it's work just insanly well. combat need to be modifiy more into use over swing and stab more since those take more positioning and skill rather than who spin the fastest...

i never saw people disscuss directional shield block, but personally i hate it very much, since it's one of the main reason where randomness die happen take list like two hand swing hit shoulder and arrow shot through the front hit neck and stuff, in general in competitive setting i dont like Randomness. it doesnt have that much of impact but does give people bad impression.

Last edited:
If TW actually cared about the game and their fanbase, and it was not just a 'job' for them like it is, they would give free-form customization to factions, with a limited amount of weapons like in warband but more, and then they would individually balance the items. Instead, the class system is highly dislikable by most people and it drags TW back to constantly tweaking and balancing it. If we had free-form, the balancing would be easier and they would have more time to tweak combat and the modes.

Don't rush the Captain Mode patch, other fixes are as important.

Rush the captain mode update? Are you kidding me? Since the EA release NOT ONE SINGLE update have been aimed at captain mode! They have only removed a map and then nerfed all other unit classes so Captain mode today is DEAD!

Rush the captain mode update? Are you kidding me? Since the EA release NOT ONE SINGLE update have been aimed at captain mode! They have only removed a map and then nerfed all other unit classes so Captain mode today is DEAD!
All modes today are dead. No custom servers = no players who would've thought? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Not gonna lie a lot of the people complaining about the game being dead are NA players. I noticed that EU servers are doing fine with siege servers having 100+ players constantly. I think one of the main reasons why the game is somewhat dead for NA is because of servers more than mods. EU plays the same game we are playing but the only difference is the accessibility to the game to your player base. Half of the NA community cant play and that is why NA TDM has 30 players while siege is dead while on the other hand, EU servers will usually get 80 accounting for respective time differences of zones. I think primarily NA servers NEED TO BE PLACED somewhere where more NA players can Play (west coast gamers needs to play the game). I think that the developers just need to adjust a handful of problems the same way they fixed block delay so I think eventually upon full release the game will be fine with mechanics. The real issue is server release and that is why a lot of players stopped playing NA BL. Another reason why the NA community died down a bit has to do with the fact that Sunday night siege is not happening consistently due to Octavius being busy with life. I mean most of the action that kept the NA community alive back then had to do with clan leaders telling their clan members to attend events. I mean take for example the "Call to Arms Event" this event was an EU event, NA players do not have access to events like this so its not as likely for us to have those major organized events on NA servers. I think maybe if we were to distribute custom servers maybe players will make the game cool but regardless there won't be players will reinstall the game after being frustrated to the point of quitting the game. Hence why I would argue that first TW needs to do major rebranding for the NA community and actually have some marketing done to get those players back. I mean developers would literally make the multiplayer portion of their games free just to have players play their game for content. Players are literally the source of content for the MP version and if there are no players playing the game then there is no content worth playing for.

Conclusion
While some mechanics are horrible IE crush through, horse archers etc.
Faction imbalances + class system being a thing
the underlying reason why the game is not as alive had to do mainly with NA players not being able to play the game.

I hope the developers are able to fix these problems as these problems are not major game-changing things such a complete overhaul of the combat mechanics.

Another reason why the NA community died down a bit has to do with the fact that Sunday night siege is not happening consistently due to Octavius being busy with life. I mean most of the action that kept the NA community alive back then had to do with clan leaders telling their clan members to attend events. I mean take for example the "Call to Arms Event" this event was an EU event, NA players do not have access to events like this so its not as likely for us to have those major organized events on NA servers. I think maybe if we were to distribute custom servers maybe players will make the game cool but regardless there won't be players will reinstall the game after being frustrated to the point of quitting the game.
It would be pretty cool if TW gave me a custom server for SNS ?

Not gonna lie a lot of the people complaining about the game being dead are NA players. I noticed that EU servers are doing fine with siege servers having 100+ players constantly. I think one of the main reasons why the game is somewhat dead for NA is because of servers more than mods. EU plays the same game we are playing but the only difference is the accessibility to the game to your player base. Half of the NA community cant play and that is why NA TDM has 30 players while siege is dead while on the other hand, EU servers will usually get 80 accounting for respective time differences of zones. I think primarily NA servers NEED TO BE PLACED somewhere where more NA players can Play (west coast gamers needs to play the game). I think that the developers just need to adjust a handful of problems the same way they fixed block delay so I think eventually upon full release the game will be fine with mechanics. The real issue is server release and that is why a lot of players stopped playing NA BL. Another reason why the NA community died down a bit has to do with the fact that Sunday night siege is not happening consistently due to Octavius being busy with life. I mean most of the action that kept the NA community alive back then had to do with clan leaders telling their clan members to attend events. I mean take for example the "Call to Arms Event" this event was an EU event, NA players do not have access to events like this so its not as likely for us to have those major organized events on NA servers. I think maybe if we were to distribute custom servers maybe players will make the game cool but regardless there won't be players will reinstall the game after being frustrated to the point of quitting the game. Hence why I would argue that first TW needs to do major rebranding for the NA community and actually have some marketing done to get those players back. I mean developers would literally make the multiplayer portion of their games free just to have players play their game for content. Players are literally the source of content for the MP version and if there are no players playing the game then there is no content worth playing for.

Conclusion
While some mechanics are horrible IE crush through, horse archers etc.
Faction imbalances + class system being a thing
the underlying reason why the game is not as alive had to do mainly with NA players not being able to play the game.

I hope the developers are able to fix these problems as these problems are not major game-changing things such a complete overhaul of the combat mechanics.
Totally agree about putting NA servers closer to the western half of U.S. might I suggest putting them in North Texas. This suggestion has nothing to do with myself living in north Texas. I just want whats best for the Bannerlord community.

• Crush Through Mechanics and Damage
    • Overall Damage is too high
    • In some instances deals WAY too mach damage.
  • Cavalry Rear up problems
    • Cavalry can be reared from other angles than the front
    • Cavalry can be reared with very low damage
  • Captain Mode Balance
  • Couch Lance Mechanics and Damage
    • Couch lance deals too low damage when speed difference is low
    • In some instances the tip misses and deals Blunt damage with the handle.
  • Archery and Throwable Mechanics
    • Adjusting the current accuracy curves
    • Trying out some new mechanics
  • Mounted Archery and Throwables (fixed)
    • Mounted troops were not affected by the accuracy change properly

There is other stuff as well obviously, but wanted to put this up to address most of the threads that are popping up.
Ahh thank u, is there any news on new server locations? Something to help out with NA west coast or locations like SA players who have no server?

• Crush Through Mechanics and Damage
    • Overall Damage is too high
    • In some instances deals WAY too mach damage.
  • Cavalry Rear up problems
    • Cavalry can be reared from other angles than the front
    • Cavalry can be reared with very low damage
  • Captain Mode Balance
  • Couch Lance Mechanics and Damage
    • Couch lance deals too low damage when speed difference is low
    • In some instances the tip misses and deals Blunt damage with the handle.
  • Archery and Throwable Mechanics
    • Adjusting the current accuracy curves
    • Trying out some new mechanics
  • Mounted Archery and Throwables (fixed)
    • Mounted troops were not affected by the accuracy change properly

There is other stuff as well obviously, but wanted to put this up to address most of the threads that are popping up.
Wondering if you could give us a hint on when the all fixing update 1.5.4 will come out? Will it come out before 2021?

Back
Top Bottom