Current Issues being working on

Users who are viewing this thread

Sorry to tell you man but learn to chill. Let go of the "good old days" (which is a fantasy in your head, nothing more. Google how that feeling is more a trick from your brain) and learn to love this game. If you do, you will have a good time, I promise you that.

Bannerlord is dumbed down compared to warband, it has more complexity in the bad way of the phrase, has no personality, it's unbalanced af and has no customization. There is no fantasy, warband is objectively a better multiplayer game than bannerlord.

Those same people keep forgetting that Bannerlord is still a work in progress, and they neglect to understand that it will get better in time. They need to understand the meaning of patience, and that BL has very good bones. Trust the process.
Those same people, myself included, have often played the game for over a year (in Beta or even Alpha) already. Progress has not been very exciting so far if I'm honest.

Those same people keep forgetting that Bannerlord is still a work in progress, and they neglect to understand that it will get better in time. They need to understand the meaning of patience, and that BL has very good bones. Trust the process.
If you want to play that game. You could say warband was made by a very small team, as opposed to bannerlord 10 years +- and warband delivered more.

You can play the early access card as much as you want. You just decide to ignore the card that says "10 years of development"

@AVRC I do not have a video of the "slow bug", however I believe that It can be replicated (most of the time) by doing the following:
1. As a captain unit, be killed by an enemy while holding down the "W" forward movement key.
2. Continue to hold down the "W" forward movement key and respawn as the next available Ai troop while still holding "W".
This seems to be all that is required in order for your unit to move at reduced movement speed for whatever reason. It may take a few attempts but I guarantee you will encounter the bug if you replicate it with these steps.

Last edited:
The slow move bug now affects horses also btw. The horse accelerates a lot slower if you have the bug on your unit. Double tapping W has also no effect when the bug is effective.

@AVRC I do not have a video of the "slow bug", however I believe that It can be replicated (most of the time) by doing the following:
1. As a captain unit, be killed by an enemy while holding down the "W" forward movement key.
2. Continue to hold down the "W" forward movement key and respawn as the next available Ai troop while still holding "W".
This seems to be all that is required in order for your unit to move at reduced movement speed for whatever reason. It may take a few attempts but I guarantee you will encounter the bug if you replicate it with these steps.
Thank you, forwarded it to QA for further testing.

Might be one of them tings that only happens with a bit of ping or due to the tick rate or some ****. I'm not going to pretend like I know how you guys do the testing, but it might be an issue that is hard to replicate over a LAN network. Just a thought though.

I just think Skirmish is a very bad main game mode, which was made because they were too lazy(or are sticking to some bad game design concept) for an engaging single life mode with economy and equipment choices.. all that just for enabling this weird captains mode which needs to have a class mode, their bloddy poster child.

There is nothing you gain when performing well, like the gold for kills meant in warband. They tried to make something casual and competitive at the same time. The lack of customization is painful, people are not allowed to make bad choices.

The engine of the game seems great, the combat mechanics are great but still need fine-tuning. It's like driving a prototype racing car on rails with 20km/h.

And also it seems they don't play competitivly, or have it thought through, for example the banner icons above your head and on your shields which were perfect to identify which mate is who for callouts(altkey is just scrambled letters when people stand close), just scrapped for uniform look to increase easy to understand watchability. I could go on about their game design choices forever, seems to me some students were in charge with only casual gamers and watchability in mind without focus what makes a game mode thrilling to play, how it plays out in an organized environment, how to give it depth with meaningful gameplay. And most importantly, what was good about their predecessor and build upon its strengths.

Now now, be nice

I am not trying to be unrespectful but there’s simply way too much nonsense happening with the game’s development. There were multiple 180 turns already and if there was not for the constant pressure of the community, these changes would stay, though those really affect the gameplay in negative way, blocking and crushthrough being an example. First they remove crushthrough from lances but then they add it to every 2h weapon out there? Come on. And it’s not even the main issue. One singleplayer hotfix comes out and it eliminates any option for people to play Clan matches or MM because the servers don’t work, siege crashes almost every game, you cannot even cancel connecting to a clan game once your party starts connecting and that’s actually necessary, since it sometimes doesn’t connect the parties to a server even after waiting for dozen of minutes. And problems like these add up to the overall image of the game and mainly its multiplayer. And there’s so much more, I honestly don’t know what to think. Is TW incompetent in designing their own game? Or is there a civil war in the studio? Did the pandemic affect the studio so much? I’d love this game, but except the changes done because of the community’s pressure, it’s not bright, besides, the game should not have went into EA in the state it was. I feel like a parrot, repeating myself and what others said over again, but this game is far from ready for a proper release and a “release in 1 year time” since EA r. won’t bring a healthy population of people. So I am sorry for being harsh about it, but it is the truth and I’d rather for it to not be.

You don’t bake a cake just halfway and then sell it just because your customers are eager to try, that would make them sick and the taste wouldn’t be right.

Last edited:
Honestly i don't even get the obsession with needing classes just for captain mode.

Let's go back to warband as an example. We didn't have "captain mode" per say, but we still had those bot battle servers. Yknow, the ones with like 10 player slots and 200 bots enabled, or something silly.

As each player joins a team they get to pick their gear as normal, like they would for battle, and then tick the boxes of which bots they want to command. They're given all the bots on their team if they're the only player - half if there's two of then, a third if 3 etc etc, and you get to pick multiple classes to command, which are split in size equally~

Now, this is generally only the 3 warband classes, with the exception of khergits - so archery, infantry and cav - and they all come equipped exactly the same way - the default bot gear.
But you get to wear what you want~!
And for the servers that enabled it you also get to continue after you die as one of the people under your command.

Now call me crazy but this is basically captain mode, except, *maybe* better? Because you're allowed more troop variety under one person. It might not stick with the idea of "THIS guy commands the cav and THIS guy commands commands the archers" - if that's what the devs/people want from the mode.

But fine - remove the ability to select multiple types to command. Now you only get one troop type.

Not good enough?

Let the perk selection be for the bots then. Gear equipped as normal, ala warband, but you get your 2 bloody perk slots that modify the bots under your command~

Not enough bot class variety? Fine, add more preset bot types you can select as your minions.

It irks me hearing everyone say the class system is even necessary for captains mode because it bloody isn't. And if having the one starting player begin the match with the gear they want and can afford is risking throwing off the "perfect balance" of the gamemode then up your troop ai goodness and such.

The game doesn't need different equipment/class systems for each game mode. It just needs the one. And right now it's the wrong one.

Honestly i don't even get the obsession with needing classes just for captain mode.

Let's go back to warband as an example. We didn't have "captain mode" per say, but we still had those bot battle servers. Yknow, the ones with like 10 player slots and 200 bots enabled, or something silly.

As each player joins a team they get to pick their gear as normal, like they would for battle, and then tick the boxes of which bots they want to command. They're given all the bots on their team if they're the only player - half if there's two of then, a third if 3 etc etc, and you get to pick multiple classes to command, which are split in size equally~

Now, this is generally only the 3 warband classes, with the exception of khergits - so archery, infantry and cav - and they all come equipped exactly the same way - the default bot gear.
But you get to wear what you want~!
And for the servers that enabled it you also get to continue after you die as one of the people under your command.

Now call me crazy but this is basically captain mode, except, *maybe* better? Because you're allowed more troop variety under one person. It might not stick with the idea of "THIS guy commands the cav and THIS guy commands commands the archers" - if that's what the devs/people want from the mode.

But fine - remove the ability to select multiple types to command. Now you only get one troop type.

Not good enough?

Let the perk selection be for the bots then. Gear equipped as normal, ala warband, but you get your 2 bloody perk slots that modify the bots under your command~

Not enough bot class variety? Fine, add more preset bot types you can select as your minions.

It irks me hearing everyone say the class system is even necessary for captains mode because it bloody isn't. And if having the one starting player begin the match with the gear they want and can afford is risking throwing off the "perfect balance" of the gamemode then up your troop ai goodness and such.

The game doesn't need different equipment/class systems for each game mode. It just needs the one. And right now it's the wrong one.
Pretty much everyone actually playing captain mode seems to like the class system, we just want better balance. Seems to me that captain is just an afterthought to you, but a lot of people enjoy it. Sure, remove the classes from other modes, but leave them for us captain players. We do NOT want gold system in captain, or the overcomplicated gear selection of warband.

Thank you

Pretty much everyone actually playing captain mode seems to like the class system, we just want better balance. Seems to me that captain is just an afterthought to you, but a lot of people enjoy it. Sure, remove the classes from other modes, but leave them for us captain players. We do NOT want gold system in captain, or the overcomplicated gear selection of warband.

Thank you
I totally agree with you.

Some people do like it (I do). Its just they dont feel the need to be vocal about.

Some people who form like the 10% of the playerbase, skirmish and siege, the backbone of the population, are both nearly dead. Classes are dislikable. No good arguement has been presented yet.

Back
Top Bottom