Current Issues being working on

Users who are viewing this thread

Can we expect any Khuzait changes in the next patch? Or will that come after the captain mode balances are finished. Im sure you all have ideas for what you want to do with them. Id love to have a better understanding of how the devs go about addressing faction imbalances and potential fixes. Its a very interesting process to me.

• Archery and Throwable Mechanics
    • Adjusting the current accuracy curves
    • Trying out some new mechanics
  • Mounted Archery and Throwables (fixed)
    • Mounted troops were not affected by the accuracy change properly

For range in captain mode - can you get the AI to target the most vulnerable rather than the front troops. Feel like this would allow them to be useful again. I have no idea if that's possible, but would make it feel more realistic. Why aim at the shield when theres people without?

Volleys would be cool, but I imagine that would be very difficult to implement?

Sorry if this as been suggested, I only skimmed this thread.

For range in captain mode - can you get the AI to target the most vulnerable rather than the front troops. Feel like this would allow them to be useful again. I have no idea if that's possible, but would make it feel more realistic. Why aim at the shield when theres people without?

Volleys would be cool, but I imagine that would be very difficult to implement?

Sorry if this as been suggested, I only skimmed this thread.

The issue with this is that then the shielded units become useless, right now they serve to "tank arrows" and act as a "deterrent" to cavalry. If they don't tank arrows anymore then they are just a deterrent for cav which is kind of not worth taking instead of 2handed with pikes.

The issue with this is that then the shielded units become useless, right now they serve to "tank arrows" and act as a "deterrent" to cavalry. If they don't tank arrows anymore then they are just a deterrent for cav which is kind of not worth taking instead of 2handed with pikes.

Wouldn't this make 2h's less viable though and shields more useful? as you would need to use 2h's tactically otherwise they would get butchered by archers. e.g. behind a building or very close to the shields.

Of course archers would still need a buff as they cant take 2h's on their own at the moment. This would indirectly cause a greater need for cav, too stop the archers. The melee nerf on archers was welcome, seeing a group of archers with spears/mevs destroying a cav unit was silly. However the range capabilities was fine. Im guessing the range nerf was due to the other MP modes.

Tbh Im up for any changes realistic or not. Im just getting very bored of the 2h spam :dead:

Javelins passing through shields need to be fixed as well. Same for menav 360 swing arc. You can one hit someone even if you are not aiming at him and NOT TOUCHING him

Also, if G is the last letter of a text msg, there is a chance that your weapon will drop.

Last edited:
Wouldn't this make 2h's less viable though and shields more useful? as you would need to use 2h's tactically otherwise they would get butchered by archers. e.g. behind a building or very close to the shields.

Of course archers would still need a buff as they cant take 2h's on their own at the moment. This would indirectly cause a greater need for cav, too stop the archers. The melee nerf on archers was welcome, seeing a group of archers with spears/mevs destroying a cav unit was silly. However the range capabilities was fine. Im guessing the range nerf was due to the other MP modes.

Tbh Im up for any changes realistic or not. Im just getting very bored of the 2h spam :dead:
This. I also don't really see how shields are a deterrent for cav. Spears (and to a larger extent pikes) are.

Basic spectator mode should come earlier but Cosmetics and Customization (being worked on atm) will probably arrive before the super spectator mode.

Can you elaborate on your plans for cosmetics and customization? With respect to what exactly, just multiplayer weapon/ armor skins ?

Wouldn’t weapon cosmetics make things absurdly confusing? Some factions have multiple of the same weapon type on the same unit. Unless the customization is something like TF2 where it’s just a skin and the weapons model doesn’t change it may be difficult to discern what perks some people are actually using.

Wouldn’t weapon cosmetics make things absurdly confusing? Some factions have multiple of the same weapon type on the same unit. Unless the customization is something like TF2 where it’s just a skin and the weapons model doesn’t change it may be difficult to discern what perks some people are actually using.

I would rather give them the benefit of the doubt and they show us some progress later on the Development Review videos.

I posted it somewhere else, but I'll post it here so it gets the attention it deserves. @AVRC
Today one guy was using an exploit/glitch that gave him the possibility to pick throwing spears back right after throwing them. I have no idea how he did it but it was game-breaking. He was basically head shooting people and picking back the spear at the same time, giving him infinite spears. Even if he missed he could pick back the spear. Would be great to find how to fix it quickly because now that it's public every exploiter in this community will try to replicate this because they are pathetic human beings.

I believe this is why they request to have exploit and glitch reports PM 'd instead of posted ???
Well true but I also believe players will find how to replicate it quicker than TW, and one will probably explain how it works so they can fix it. I'd rather get exploiters for 2 weeks and a fix than exploiters for a year and no fix.

Common man its not that bad. Even if it looks a bit different you will know which skin is which weapon after 1 hour. As long as the menavlion doesnt look like a 1h sword it should be nice.

Nah, not if we don't want to contradict Taleworlds main arguement for the class system in the first place, which was easy readability of classes etc.

It's pretty tragic considering one of the main reasons we have had the class system shoveled down everyone's throat is the 'visual readability' of classes(which by the way currently makes no sense in regards to relative armour values and how they look in-game). And now skins are coming in. Disgusting.

Cosmetics just proves a lot of people's assumption that TW didn't actually put thought behind the class system and decided to use a primitive, barebones class system.

Cosmetics just proves a lot of people's assumption that TW didn't actually put thought behind the class system and decided to use a primitive, barebones class system.
I always see you complaining about the class system in every thread you comment on. Can you give it a rest already? People might want to have a conversation about other stuff sometimes.

I always see you complaining about the class system in every thread you comment on. Can you give it a rest already? People might want to have a conversation about other stuff sometimes.
XnQAMTc.png

?

Back
Top Bottom