Current Issues being working on

Users who are viewing this thread

A basic spectator mode is being built at the moment, and designs for a very robust one is approved.

Ranked Mode is being built. We already enabled Skill Based Match Making, ranked matches with leaver punishment and player ranks are being worked on. Clan matches will also get a proper ranking system so you don't have to calculate ratings yourselves. The proper competitive format is something we are discussing internally as well, banning factions and playing both sides on a set map sounds like a decent start but it is further down the road. For now, you can do all that stuff outside of the game and then set up a clan match with your preferred settings so it is not a blocker at the moment.

Reconnecting will be implemented with Ranked Mode.
I kinda hope cosmetics come before spectator mode. I feel like people would get back into the MP for that.

I kinda hope cosmetics come before spectator mode. I feel like people would get back into the MP for that.
Basic spectator mode should come earlier but Cosmetics and Customization (being worked on atm) will probably arrive before the super spectator mode.

@AVRC
Are attacks without animation being looked into? (Thread about the glitch)

Also, Eb and I did some testing on the cav hitbox when rearing on a wall and it seems that the horse will take the dmg no matter what if you shoot during the animation. If u shoot later it works sometimes but it still can miss. as you can see on the first try, the bolt passes through me and does no dmg, although we can see the blood of the impact.

@AVRC
Are attacks without animation being looked into? (Thread about the glitch)

Also, Eb and I did some testing on the cav hitbox when rearing on a wall and it seems that the horse will take the dmg no matter what if you shoot during the animation. If u shoot later it works sometimes but it still can miss. as you can see on the first try, the bolt passes through me and does no dmg, although we can see the blood of the impact.

Attack animation does not look like a glitch, it looks like the hilt is bouncing back immediately when the attack starts. It shouldn't be dealing any damage.

I will forward the cav/bolt video to QA to test.

• Crush Through Mechanics and Damage
    • Overall Damage is too high
    • In some instances deals WAY too much damage.

Is there anyone who even wants this. Its just doesn't work for the game, dis-encourages teamwork, works against core mechanics; just another mechanic no one asked for that convolutes the game and takes development time to fix more pressing issues.

legit just a gimmick because you dont want to buff 1h dmg against shield, so people can actually break it and then hold attacks from 2 different directions and kill someone like this.

C#:
            if (chamber)
            {
                crushedThrough = false;
            }

unlucky that chamber is not close to working...

• Cavalry Rear up problems
    • Cavalry can be reared from other angles than the front
    • Cavalry can be reared with very low damage
  • Couch Lance Mechanics and Damage
    • Couch lance deals too low damage when speed difference is low
    • In some instances the tip misses and deals Blunt damage with the handle.

Round and round we go. I would rather have the only defensive move of a class to actually work than the other way round. The pressing issues with cav dont get touched?

• Archery and Throwable Mechanics
    • Adjusting the current accuracy curves
    • Trying out some new mechanics
does this mean we will actually get bows instead of xbows?

Last edited:
Can we take just a little priority for Captain Mode balance people are suffering. 1.5.0 made Captain Mode shock unit Vs shock unit
I totally understand Devs have loads of things to do but we need more excitement and attention here.

Can we take just a little priority for Captain Mode balance people are suffering. 1.5.0 made Captain Mode shock unit Vs shock unit
I totally understand Devs have loads of things to do but we need more excitement and attention here.
???

It is literally in the list.

I ofc know it's on the list.
I'm saying we really need that with priority, i'm not a huge fan of complaining/complaining for nothing i'm seeing many people very tired of doing same thing over and over again and not having fun.
It seems like things are really slow for Captain Community people needs more attention here.

Will the balances be separated by game mode when the captain mode balance patch gets released? I wouldn't want changes made to captain mode to negatively impact skirmish and for skirmish changes to negatively impact captain like it has in the past. Thank you for your responses and your hard work.

???

???

Will the balances be separated by game mode when the captain mode balance patch gets released? I wouldn't want changes made to captain mode to negatively impact skirmish and for skirmish changes to negatively impact captain like it has in the past. Thank you for your responses and your hard work.
I'm thinking same with Ling
and thanks for your hard work ofcourse i can't say anything to that

if they make archers more accurate again it will influence the AI archers as well

i doubt we will get seperate balance its a huge overhead, btw did we just get 1.5.1?

if they make archers more accurate again it will influence the AI archers as well

i doubt we will get seperate balance its a huge overhead, btw did we just get 1.5.1?
Yeah it will but it won't be enough and why do you have doubt about that, if that type patch won't come the balance issue is going to contunie
don't get me wrong guys i care about this game i hate seeing people leaving the game

If the balances aren't separated there is no feasible way you can ever hope to achieve balance in both modes. One MINOR change to combat parameters to one mode, has HUGE ramifications for the other modes. The overhead cost can't possibly be more expensive or more time consuming than having to make a new balance adjustment every single time a big patch comes out. It would be more cost effective, more practical, and more pragmatic to have these modes not be dependent on eachother at all. Separate the unit stats, equipment, perks, and Ai and focus on balancing those parameters specifically for captain mode, and once you achieve proper balance for that, you wouldnt have to constantly update the game to fix the problems you caused in skirmish because they wouldn't be wrapped up and tied into one update. Then you could make adjustments to skirmish combat parameters to make gameplay more enjoyable for them without affecting the balance changes you made to captain.

Edit: I'm probably coming off as frustrated, but this is only because the most important games of our Captain League season were essentially ruined because of 1.5 and we captain mode players really do feel like an adopted step child that is unwanted sometimes, especially when we read the forums and most of the discussion and balance changes are focused primarily on skirmish with little thought given to us. We don't exactly feel like a priority, and that's sad considering what an amazing and active captain mode community you have for bannerlord.

If the balances aren't separated there is no feasible way you can ever hope to achieve balance in both modes. One MINOR change to combat parameters to one mode, has HUGE ramifications for the other modes. The overhead cost can't possibly be more expensive or more time consuming than having to make a new balance adjustment every single time a big patch comes out. It would be more cost effective, more practical, and more pragmatic to have these modes not be dependent on eachother at all. Separate the unit stats, equipment, perks, and Ai and focus on balancing those parameters specifically for captain mode, and once you achieve proper balance for that, you wouldnt have to constantly update the game to fix the problems you caused in skirmish because they wouldn't be wrapped up and tied into one update. Then you could make adjustments to skirmish combat parameters to make gameplay more enjoyable for them without affecting the balance changes you made to captain.
??? i dont see how it works out especially with archery changes in mind

??? i dont see how it works out especially with archery changes in mind
Here's an example: Implement aiming restrictions to skirmish. Don't implement aiming restrictions to captain.
Here's another example: Give Battania stronger equipment in captain. Don't give them stronger equipment in skirmish.

Last edited:

Edit: I'm probably coming off as frustrated, but this is only because the most important games of our Captain League season were essentially ruined because of 1.5 and we captain mode players really do feel like an adopted step child that is unwanted sometimes, especially when we read the forums and most of the discussion and balance changes are focused primarily on skirmish with little thought given to us. We don't exactly feel like a priority, and that's sad considering what an amazing and active captain mode community you have for bannerlord.
It'll give huge workload to them but it'll make the both communitys happy and the game balanced (i'm not very sure making separate is possible tho)

It'll give huge workload to them but it'll make the both communitys happy and the game balanced (i'm not very sure making separate is possible tho)
The thing is whatever work is required to separate the balances, i GUARANTEE will be less work and less time spent, than having to make minor adjustments to each mode constantly because a change you made to help one hurts another, this is a never-ending cycle of updates. But if the balances are separated it would result in fewer updates and thus LESS time being spent coding changes into the game overall.

TaleWorlds has already admitted there is already some distinction between the modes already, considering the fact that in skirmish all Berserker units recieve a small weak shield to start out with, ONLY your captain unit starts out with that same skirmish shield in captain mode, while your units don't have any shield at all. This would imply that somewhere in the code a distinction is being made between units of each mode, or at the very least Ai units. It would simply be taking a few more steps in this direction and completely isolating the two gamemodes, it would help both gamemodes tremendously.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom