Current Issues being working on

Users who are viewing this thread

AVRC

Sergeant at Arms
  • Crush Through Mechanics and Damage
    • Overall Damage is too high
    • In some instances deals WAY too mach damage.
  • Cavalry Rear up problems
    • Cavalry can be reared from other angles than the front
    • Cavalry can be reared with very low damage
  • Captain Mode Balance
  • Couch Lance Mechanics and Damage
    • Couch lance deals too low damage when speed difference is low
    • In some instances the tip misses and deals Blunt damage with the handle.
  • Archery and Throwable Mechanics
    • Adjusting the current accuracy curves
    • Trying out some new mechanics
  • Mounted Archery and Throwables (fixed)
    • Mounted troops were not affected by the accuracy change properly

There is other stuff as well obviously, but wanted to put this up to address most of the threads that are popping up.

Last edited:
OUfmu.jpg

Please a little more elaboration...
example "Cavalry Rear up problems": A paragraph about what problems you have encountered and how you plan to solve them.
C'mon...

My suggestion for crush through: give us a tool to combat it's randomness other than shields.

On duel servers people often refuse to fight against two handed weapons and in the Skirmish scene many people see it as broken.

I already suggested it on another thread but I'll repeat myself here.
Crush through would be okay if it only can go through passive blocks.
I don't know what TW calls it internally but I'll refer to it as passive and active blocks.
We currently have two animation, one where the defender blocks a long time before the attack connects. Here the defender is stunned for a longer time.
The other option is, when the defender blocks at the perfect timing. Here the stun on the defender is shorter and he can counterattack sooner.

That's already in the game.
Simply make "active" blocks resistant to crush through and I think the biggest issue is resolved.
Competetiv players will have a tool that rewards skill and not luck, while crush through will be still a fun tool for more chaotic modes like Siege and TDM.

I hope the throwing accuracy while walking gets reverted. Throwing became lottery.
The dream that people dont throw while walking is unnecessary and unrealistic because the missile speed and damage gets to low.
It would be like reducing lance accuracy while riding. Infantry just has to run.

Added some details

Very much appreciated, really sorry to be a pain in the ass but I just want a medium term as standard when communicating; something between mexxico threads and detailed explanations and your shopping lists (with love™ ? )

Why not completely remove crush through. Like do we need to wait the same amount of time as block delay for TW to remove it ?
Also, if you remove stopping horses with low dmg you will need to rework how spear dmg works on foot. You have to be the furthest away possible to not bounce with the spear (unlike cav who can deal lots of dmg and barely bounce.) also you need to make foot units attack speed faster because how slow spear is on ground

Ok so you know how Couching and Pike bracing has a special weapon mode right? Where when you press that button, your character enters a special animation/stance and performs the action. Same with some throwing weapons, you can change their weapon mode to make them a melee weapon.

Do the same thing with crush through. Instead of tweaking or removing it, give certain mauls and hammers a “crush through” weapon mode than can be activated by pressing X like you would with any other weapon that has 2 separate modes.

When in “normal” mode:
-Weapon operates completely normal, can swing in all directions, feint, etc.
-Cannot crush through.

When in “crush” mode:
-The way the character holds the weapon changes to give a visual indication that you are in that mode. could just be both hands on the very bottom of the shaft, as if you are generating as much leverage as possible.
-Can only do up swings. alternatively, can do side swings but much slower than normal because you are holding the weapon in a less balanced way.
-The crush through formula that has been implemented now applies to the weapon.

People hate crush through because of its randomness and a lack of counterplay. Changing weapon stats does nothing to alleviate the randomness of it. I think this is a really good solution that leaves the mechanic in the game without having it be so random and unfun to fight against.

Edit: it goes without saying, but we appreciate both the time you put into the game and especially the extra effort you have made in communicating with the player base.

Ok so you know how Couching and Pike bracing has a special weapon mode right? Where when you press that button, your character enters a special animation/stance and performs the action. Same with some throwing weapons, you can change their weapon mode to make them a melee weapon.

Do the same thing with crush through. Instead of tweaking or removing it, give certain mauls and hammers a “crush through” weapon mode than can be activated by pressing X like you would with any other weapon that has 2 separate modes.

When in “normal” mode:
-Weapon operates completely normal, can swing in all directions, feint, etc.
-Cannot crush through.

When in “crush” mode:
-The way the character holds the weapon changes to give a visual indication that you are in that mode. could just be both hands on the very bottom of the shaft, as if you are generating as much leverage as possible.
-Can only do up swings. alternatively, can do side swings but much slower than normal because you are holding the weapon in a less balanced way.
-The crush through formula that has been implemented now applies to the weapon.

People hate crush through because of its randomness and a lack of counterplay. Changing weapon stats does nothing to alleviate the randomness of it. I think this is a really good solution that leaves the mechanic in the game without having it be so random and unfun to fight against.
I like the sound of this, a very good idea that could both keep crush-through in the game and not have it be an absolute pain to play against.

@AVRC
Thanks for the ongoing good work.
I have questions about a few roadblocks competitive BL faces, if they are something you work on because they would greatly improve the game :

Spectator Mode :
In order for matches to be casted and streamed in an enjoyable way a spectator mode would be really important, its sad we cant watch interesting matches from birds view.

Ranked Mode :
With the introduction of Clan matches we started doing spawn changes again like in Warband, i think while beeing a fair solution its not the most interesting one. Personally would prefer a pick ban phase for factions and maps for ranked/clan matches.

Reconnecting :
When somebody drops during a match its like a death sentence in a close match, there is no way to reconnect and with the upcoming next tournament its would avoid a lot of frustration to get a option to reconnect, or dedicated servers for that matter.

Last edited:
@AVRC
Thanks for the ongoing good work.
I have questions about a few roadblocks competitive BL faces, if they are something you work on because they would greatly improve the game :

Spectator Mode :
In order for matches to be casted and streamed in an enjoyable way a spectator mode would be really important, its sad we cant watch interesting matches from birds view.

Ranked Mode :
With the introduction of Clan matches we started doing spawn changes again like in Warband, i think while beeing a fair solution its not the most interesting one. Personally would prefer a pick ban phase for factions and maps for ranked/clan matches.

Reconnecting :
When somebody drops during a match its like a death sentence in a close match, there is no way to reconnect and with the upcoming next tournament its would avoid a lot of frustration to get a option to reconnect, or dedicated servers for that matter.
A basic spectator mode is being built at the moment, and designs for a very robust one is approved.

Ranked Mode is being built. We already enabled Skill Based Match Making, ranked matches with leaver punishment and player ranks are being worked on. Clan matches will also get a proper ranking system so you don't have to calculate ratings yourselves. The proper competitive format is something we are discussing internally as well, banning factions and playing both sides on a set map sounds like a decent start but it is further down the road. For now, you can do all that stuff outside of the game and then set up a clan match with your preferred settings so it is not a blocker at the moment.

Reconnecting will be implemented with Ranked Mode.

Back
Top Bottom