Current Events

Users who are viewing this thread

Shrugging Khan

Sergeant Knight at Arms
I recall we had a thread like this once, but bugger me I can't find it. So here's a new one. PLAYERS! Post what's happening!

Moi, for one, just ran across the Prince-Sovereign. He was hunting a few broken Vaegir lord parties around Odoiev (Zenislev is a Ducal Holding ATM), so I seized the opportunity and rushed right in. 230 VS 180, beat him by forcing his cavalry to fight uphill and then running over his archers with an infantry charge before they could turn us into arrow storage.

The Vaegir cannon fodder might have helped, too.

And right after the battle - I looted Aleksey's sword, woot woot, he's going to be pissed - I noticed a Vaegir War Mob of around 1000 men standing right behind Odoiev.

Meh. I could've used them twenty minutes ago  :neutral:

Shrugging Khan said:
Meh. I could've used them twenty minutes ago  :neutral:

No you couldn't. There would be no way in hell for you to loot that Aleksey's sword if a mob of 1000 had joined your side. Quantity and quality of loot decreases with every vodka-intoxicated retard on your side, remember?

Well, screw the sword...I just noticed that Ivangorod is under siege by almost 2000 Ormeli soldiers  :lol:

It'd be nice if the Vaegir War Host was to join the siege (there's enough of them, remember?), but naaah...they just like to hang back around Odoiev. Sure, they already lost Zenislev and Volga, but eh! What's Ivangorod?

So, after abandoning Ivangorod to its inevitable fate - after the war-host simply went the other way, I fought to take out 600 of the attackers, but the garrison ended up critically weakened - I found the City of Ulm to be under attack by a licker mob.

Which shot itself.

Seriously, amazing..."The Hand Cannon may cause friendly fire incidents" alright! 60 of them fell in one blow, thanks to one incompetent cannoneer  :lol:

PS: My theory that crossbows are suitable anti-cannoneer weapons has been vindicated. Ten cannoneers down, another ****-I-don't-know-how-many-those-dirt-eaters-just-keep-coming to go.

PPS: Another theory has also been proven correct: Lickers are ****. Without their cannoneers, they deal next to NO damage. Seriously. The cannons are the ONLY way they're currently doing damage at all.

The failure rate on period firearms are quite high. The AI won't aim their projectiles to deal direct damage, but since the hand cannon is an AOE weapon (point and shoot basically), it will blow up the first thing it hits - often a friend on a ladder.

Well, that's true...but...still...I'm just having logic problems, is all  :shock:

Anyways, I now defended - in sequence - Ulm against licker, Ivangorod against the Ormeli, and Vienna (Why is there a beach in the Vienna Siege scene?)  against the Throne. My halberd-arm and crossbow-hand are growing tired; I've personally killed in between 100 and 200 men in those three battles, and even though Khan, kaiser and Deva are battered and bloody, the Prince-Sovereign is already back on track to pillage the Vaegir countryside, and the Haelmarians have been far too quiet lately. Also, my financial resources are dwindling.

It's a hard life, protecting the weak.

Shrugging Khan said:
Also, my financial resources are dwindling.
It's a hard life, protecting the weak.
You're bound to run out of juice after an x-number of defensive battles. Perhaps you need to protect the weak by offensive means?
That how we roll in the Padishah's domains, that's for sure..

Bah, Dyeworks...I've got a smelly little Tannery in Nibelheim, and that's enough to pay for food and wages for myself and my companions.

(On a serious note: I think the economy mechanics need to have their supply/demand structure worked over once more. Building one type of industrial building everywhere ought to make the prices go way down, leading to economic failure.)

Oh wow.

I had just hatched an ingenious emergency plan involving a prisoner cannoneer, a shot to the back of the head, and me blowing up the haelmarian siege force with a stolen cannon, but just about one or two hours before the fort would've fallen, the Laurian Relief Force moved in. The haelmarians, now faced with a Garrison larger than their battle group AND a cannon-wielding me, then swiftly proceeded to die at a rate of 150 men per minute.

PS: WATDEFUQUE. I'm not sure if I'm seeing right, but did that Arquebusier just shoot one of the Musketeers I'd trained up from Taiga Bandits? To clarify, the Musketeer was one of MINE. The Arquebusier...either mine, or the Laurians'. Seriously. Musketeer was just minding his own business, walking around on the walls (so eh can't have been one of the Haelmarians), and Arquebusier simply turned away from the enemy, aimed behind me (For a moment I thought he was going to shoot me  :lol:), and shot Musketeer.

Dood  :shock:

PPS: Interesting Observation; AI with ranged weapons will, once the are at their last reload, load their weapon, put it away, and go into melee without ever firing their last shot.

Shrugging Khan said:
PPS: Interesting Observation; AI with ranged weapons will, once the are at their last reload, load their weapon, put it away, and go into melee without ever firing their last shot.

That's some REAL artificial intelligence. He thinks he might need that last bullet if he would get into a wrestle-off on the ground with an enemy soldier. Even though the M&B world doesn't feature such a thing.

You made your character a ginger haired, tan skinned cyclops in a trench coat?
I do approve of the sword, however.

He looks like some weird-ass japanese anime character with such an unrealistic color combination.
It's not even ginger. It's.. bloody orange  :???:

Anyhow.. can anyone post a picture of half of eatrc Calradia conquered by himself. I wish to see whether people can manage not to lose interest in the gameplay.

Back
Top Bottom