Currency Difficulty Slider? I'm making way too much money

Users who are viewing this thread

No doubt. BTW is there somewhere to see how much or caravan(s) is/are making? I found my shops at the "Other" UI panel in Clan. Under the "Party" tab in clan it shows my Companion's party is 75/75 but nothing on how much coin is being generated.
Yea, you need to hover over your current gold in the normal bottom right UI. It will show you all yoir income and outgoing sources, including caravans.

Corruption, as you add more fiefs, countered partially by leadership/stewardship/charm and the ability to buy influence. Those two things would go a huge way toward countering the rapid accumulation of money in the late campaign. Corruption is a common way excess funds are reduced in other games and it quite makes sense... there might also be some hidden rewards of controlling town gangs/bandits in that regard as well.

As an Empire grows having people manage things who are 100s of miles away and not expect them to skim for their own needs is really not paying attention to human nature. The most loyal people will still take something- just less than those who are funding their future attempt to dethrone YOU.

That's it. Cost of maintaining everything (fiefs, your own army etc) shouldn't grow linear. Also there should be a feature of rebellions (and I think they want to add it, I've seen a building in a castle that "reduces rebellion strength").

800/day i not much wait untill you have 500k stocked up.

I agree somewhat, TW needs to give us more ways to spent money in vassal/kingdom phases. Maybe feasts, hiring patrols, helping your own villages, some expensive buildings to increase recrut quality, etc.

Just like in warband money becomes a non-issue. If you bent over backwards doing trade and taking money related perks, well then HAH HAH newb mistake, once you have enough you don't need more. Now I'd like it if someday their was npc services you could dump gold for, like the recruiter in diplomacy mods that goes and gets you troops for garrisons, for a price and risk of him being destroyed. Same too but with food and horses, pay more so you don't have to go all over the map, cause you got people to knock of off horses.

I'm sure eventually they'll be master work stuff that costs 1million dinners and what not. If I could buy 100k of food easily I would, those hungry ruined towns ain't gonna feed themselves, for now anyways.

i have 4 million spend 3 million in very little time my army is the size of 360 i need to spend like 100k on food daily and also every time i try to make lords join me i pay somewhere bitween 200k-2m

im getting worried about that as well, i am clan tier 4, 2 fiefs as a vassal and party size usually 120-150. occassionally do quests, always take loot thats worth more than 100 coins and suddenly i wind up with almost a million coins i can just throw at people to buy them for my kingdom. it should just be any issue at all, especially when you arent going for a trader playstyle...

As others have said, initially saving up to purchase companions and workshops/caravans is at a good pace, well probably too easy on Realistic to be honest. However after that, you simply do not have to worry about funds ever again.

The economy needs heavy adjustment. Personally I feel denars from businesses/caravans needs to be toned down and item prices need balancing.

M&B/Vikings was similar I believe. You spend your time in early game trading then buying workshops (# limited only to # of towns you are not at war with). Once you have your workshops in place, you don't really need to worry about money. Build your army and focus on conquering.

Personally, I like this concept, I do not want to have to micromanage my cash flow. Although, it probably needs to be toned down.

Last edited:
im getting worried about that as well, i am clan tier 4, 2 fiefs as a vassal and party size usually 120-150. occassionally do quests, always take loot thats worth more than 100 coins and suddenly i wind up with almost a million coins i can just throw at people to buy them for my kingdom. it should just be any issue at all, especially when you arent going for a trader playstyle...

Barter with some of the Lords that lead armies for other clans. You will see that they are loaded as well. Many will have 700k-1m+/. Even the mid tier Lords will be rolling with 500k+.

in beta branch with own kingdom, there aint surplus of money, even couple times allmost bankcrupted
Troop wages seem like they're increasing a bit but I would have to check what their costs are, other than that armors have gotten more expensive and lords don't drop 300k on defeat anymore. I haven't noticed any decrease in my income really though, I have 2 workshops, a castle fully garrisoned, and two companion parties and i'm still pulling in 200-600 in profits after all my wages are paid.

For people with a high excess of money, are you playing with mods? How many workshops/caravans do you own? The base game has caps on both of those, which of course can be modded. If you mod those, then yeah, you will have a great amount of money.

For people with a high excess of money, are you playing with mods? How many workshops/caravans do you own? The base game has caps on both of those, which of course can be modded. If you mod those, then yeah, you will have a great amount of money.

You don't need any mods to do this. I just have 3 workshops, 3 castles, that's it. 140 mostly tier 4+ troops in my party, 2 clan parties, no caravans at all. I have 1.2 million. I can't spend it even if I wanted to. I basically view every item I see as free at this point because it's all pocket change.

Not sure what people are doing to be having any problems with money. It definitely needs balancing to make it harder to have what is essentially unlimited denars.

-Armor upkeep for your character and companions. Based off of damage taken. To include Tournaments and Auto resolve. Would only be required or start making a difference to your armor after 2+ battles where you or companions take 50% or more damage.

Please no.

-Upkeep for shops
-Upkeep costs for Caravans(paying for security, feeding horses and mules, etc)

They do have an upkeep. You can see it when you hover over the gold icon. They need a better way to see detailed budget.

-From Viking Conquest the concept of occasionally receiving serious wounds for Companions and main character that require assistance of a healer from a town at a cost.

Not a bad idea.
[/QUOTE]

I would think they would not want to make it to micro heavy and detract from the main gameplay loop. (Combat)

I think there really needs to be alot more item variety. I think there needs to be more armors and weapons especially. With top tier stuff and upper tier items costing alot. It needs to feel better to go up in item quality. And currently there just isn't enough variety of all things. They could do this and help overpoweredness of archers at the same time i believe, by introducing more top tier items at a higher armor. But having more in general and rebalancing the prices can help alot. Imagine after getting that first workshop/caravan going now yours finally making enough to get to item tier 2. Next you own several workshops and caravans and are a mercenary for a faction. Now your finally able to afford item tier 3. Now your winning battles against lords (maybe finding the rare tier 4 or 5 item) and your considering becoming a vassal. Maybe your just barely able to afford tier 4 now. Etc..

I play as soon as I get enough money, I'm buying as many workshops as possible. They also have a "level" in place for workshops. It would be interesting if you had to add some serious gold and or resources, before they upgrade to the next level (whatever that will look like).

Also when owning a fief, buildings in it should cost substantial amounts of resources. Not a small money dump to build them at 2x speed. Upgrading a castle's walls should take a ton of money and effort for example. Same with all the other buildings. Maybe tone down some of the town mechanics to make growth slower and the benefits a little better for the buildings. To make that cost worthwhile.

Castles should provide income, but maybe roll the village income into it, since the castle is there to protect the villages and the villages pay their taxes to the castle.

If you ever want an excess of denars just run 3 caravans as soon as you can, the longer they go the more money they will bring in. Seems like there is a softcap around maybe 1800 but even just 1 caravan can pay for an entire army of elite soldiers and the rest is straight profit. Just think if 100 days go by and you have 3 caravans pulling say 1400 which seems about average bc they go up and down that still comes out to 420,000 denars after only 100 days.

Combine that with 3 workshops that are gaining we will say 200 denars/day each and you get anoth 60,000. If you own a single town then your income just doubled

I'm not exactly sure if I can agree with the start of the topic, after 3 new games and around 45 hours most I've made is 100k and I ran like 5-6 caravans all my games so far :smile:

I never got close to owning a town thou, so that might be issue

they are still balancing the economy, eventually money will be harder to get. Some patches let you loot random pieces of gear and make 100k from a group of looters. Yeah. 100k from looters. Now things are looking a little better, it has become harder to make money from looting even armies in a new 1.1.0 game. But still far from over yet.

Back
Top Bottom