Curious, what's the current state of the game?

Users who are viewing this thread

xdj1nn

Knight at Arms
Only really asking because I do not feel like downloading anything just to get frustrated for I suspect the game isn't any better than when last I've tried it out.
Thanks in advance.

Right now lots of bugs with textures and bandits... I wouldn't start a new game right now. Also there still need to be made improvements. I played a bit but I would still wait for next patch and see

1.5.7 main is playing good, not many changes from previous versions beyond fixes and some small things so if bugs were your major problem with the game give it a go.

1.5.8 beta has some serious bugs still waiting for hotfixes.

Nothing has really changed. All of the things we have complained about from the get go are still the norm.

Boring gameplay
Lack of immersion
Lack of RPG elements
Boring battles with no tactics
Bad Siege AI
Bad AI in general
No player impact on relationships/world

Its just as stale and boring as ever. How they ****ed this up, I have no idea, but they did. Its a lot like Disney and Star Wars. You can't help but think how could they possibly **** this up? How could they ruin it like this? HOW?

I would wait one or two versions more, if all goes according to plan weapons and armor prices will be properly balanced, and snowballing as of right now is not really a problem like before.

I just hope that when they rebalance item prices, they also change the formula for price of crafted items. Right now smithing is just a money printing machine, it feels like cheating.

Only really asking because I do not feel like downloading anything just to get frustrated for I suspect the game isn't any better than when last I've tried it out.
Thanks in advance.

I think the battles need further work. Horses, armor, archery, troops, even shields.

Most likely TW will not do anything great on other areas until this is done. I would wait for at least the battles balancing to be done before downloading again.

Went away from this game somewhere in May last year, now got back to 1.5.7.

Game feels more balanced and mature, but still development has been disappointingly slow.

Except quests (still not that much and very simple, static, badly written), there's very little new content.

I mean, there have been mods about rebellions for a while now, now its in a game, yey, but like 20% of what mod does. Lords cant rebel and create new kingdoms, no alliances etc.

There's child education, that's a cool feature, but still not much else has changed, just balancing and fixing bugs, creating new bugs, then fixing them and creating new ones an endless loop with very little new features.

Game still lacks heart and creativity. Grind gets boring too fast.

Cant exist without mod, but even with mods there's lackluster of stuff to do in the game.

Badly needs more diplomacy options, real NPCs, faction quests, clan infighting and intrigue, nemesis system perhaps, peace time activities etc.

Well, the game is still giving taste of unfinished product as when it came out in EA. Mods are miles ahead of the developers in this game but lack of stabile final version is preventing any serious modding. Game is getting better though but so slowly that hardly anyone will play vanilla when it would be fully released.

TW proove me wrong.

I just hope that when they rebalance item prices, they also change the formula for price of crafted items. Right now smithing is just a money printing machine, it feels like cheating.

Smithing is highly complicated from a development perspective, but in 1.5.8 they just nerfed the old work horse exploit for cash, which suggests to me that they're actively working on exploits so expect something to be done to get rid of the money printer.

Regarding where the game is at, and trying to be more constructive than the complainers(who all seem to be playing the game in spite of their complaints) They've introduced rebellions which really do help with snowballing. Snowballing doesn't seem to exist in the first 15 or so game years without player actions now. 1.5.8 also introduces mechanics to devastate or be merciful when taking cities - with consequences for either choice. These two mechanics have fleshed out conquest a lot and in both cases make you have to work a little harder to create a kingdom.

Hopefully in a couple of days we'll get a hotfix for 1.5.8 which is a bit of a hot mess at the moment.

i agree with antaeus.
its slow but steady developement with good improvements. sometimes the betas get messed up but its just beta in early acces. big bugs can happen.
i am on the side, yeah do your job and make it good instead of rushing something, dont be on a schedule when the game would be released, just do it.
there are more than enough suggestions to improve the game and there is still a lot of work.

They did move forward, some steps. This is the least I would say.

Things are starting to take shape, but for 10 months, yes.
I would say for me it's abit mix of disappointment and encouragement, but happy anyway to see something happened.

I can see the game now, but this is like melted ore red still, not even iron yet.

If you like riding a horse with a two hand axe smashing people heads,the game it's OK. Seriously, with some mods the game it's good. Just don't try the last beta version, it's very buged.

Last edited:
1 step forward, 2 steps back it is.

1.5.8 is a total mess because of the bandit issue and once again I can´t understand how they didn´t notice this issue before releasing 1.5.8.

1 step forward, 2 steps back it is.

1.5.8 is a total mess because of the bandit issue and once again I can´t understand how they didn´t notice this issue before releasing 1.5.8.

I don't think the developers actually play the game. Or maybe they can't stand playing it anymore either, like some of us.

Back
Top Bottom