Cultivation, lack thereof.

Users who are viewing this thread

Assassinations won't be in the game, I asked Duh about it half a year ago.

The points you mentioned are the part of the "Too complex" problem. Developers are so afraid of adding a bit of complexity in the game, so it looks too shallow right now.
It's kind of funny but mods tend to be able to solve that "too complex" problem, I remember a mod that did let me send assassins to kill nobles and a lot more intrigue.

To be fair I trust more in the mods compared to the developers about game mechanics and interesting stuff.

Warband features should all be in bannerlord, even if they weren't perfect or that great, but that is where bannerlord should come in and either further develop these existing features or even improve them. Then add some new bannerlord features.

Ik that they have been adding small elements from warband, but they're either a simpler version or changed it completely, that doesn't make sense. I mean for example feasts! Yes we've all been writing in these forums about it, but that was one of the features in warband that could be further developed bannerlord!

Your suspension of disbelief is killed during the first fight with looters after it takes multiple arrows to the head to down one while they one hit you with rocks, what's one slightly unrealistic quest.
???
I have never been downed by a single hit to the head with a rock, even bareheaded, riding directly at them, on the very first day of EA when rocks were absolutely menacing.

Now, the half-dozen other hits on the other hand...

One of the biggest problems if not the biggest core issue with this game is that the player is punished for things that he/she has no control over, to me this is absolutely ridiculous. For example making someone king and not giving him the final decision about when his faction goes to war or offers peace is a big no no because at that point you're just a cog in the wheel not the one driving the cog. Sure you may be able to overrule it a few times but you don't have unlimited influence so you can't stop it forever. Another example is the way battles progress, it essentially becomes just a mosh pit and using formations and trying to tactfully place formations has little to no effect so we're an army commander in name only.

Here's some other fundamental core issues with this game. This game's focus is suppose to be about commanding an army so why are battle simulations even a thing for the player? Does TW realize that battles are boring so they just give players a way to skip them or is it something else? If so why not have less battles but each is more important? Or why are there so many perks that are useless to the player? What a horrible way to waste perks by making them only useful for the ai. I doubt if these questions ever even were thought about by TW because from what I see there is little depth of thought about mechanics in this game.
While half the "formations" are ****, good positioning is very powerful, envelopment with 2 groups of high-tier archers is devastating, especially to Sturgians. Positioning your cav such that the enemy horse archers, in attempting to circle your infantry, fall right into their trap turns Khuzaits from the most dangerous faction into a joke if your cav is good enough. It's just that the AI is so predictable that the only difficulty in doing it is the risk of getting rushed by respawns. Also the game doesn't tell you that you can split formations using F3 F5, not even in the tutorial.

I still don't understand how to put archers into an infantry circle. Always turns our to be out of circle somehow
Never bothered trying myself, because I rejoice whenever the enemy AI does that, especially if there's a convenient hill nearby. So many free kills! My hunch is that you select both groups and then make the circle command.

???
I have never been downed by a single hit to the head with a rock, even bareheaded, riding directly at them, on the very first day of EA when rocks were absolutely menacing.

Now, the half-dozen other hits on the other hand...
Sure. You know what I mean though. There's a lot of things that kills immersion in this game, that quest would have been are very low on that list.

Sure. You know what I mean though. There's a lot of things that kills immersion in this game, that quest would have been are very low on that list.
I can set aside a lot of stuff for the sake of "it's a game." The giant red health bar, for example. But the repetitive quests and quest dialogue is something that just sets off all my alarms. Like, just have the interns look at the dialogue and rephrase it before they can go to lunch, then have an editor go over and smooth the rough patches. Avoid specific numbers where possible, include dynamic elements to spice things up, adjust the conversation to match the participants (they already have a conversation tag system for this, but don't use it in quest dialogue for some reason).

Instead of "some random bandit is sending mounted parties to raid our caravans" make it "THIS SPECIFIC GANG LEADER is sending mounted parties to raid our caravans because we ****ed him on a deal / informed on his gang / sent bounty hunters to arrest his family member / killed a few of his men in a brawl / have loads of money / ate the big piece of chicken during the feast."

Of course, that ties into the whole notable system being underutilized in what is supposed to be a game smack center in the era of personal relationships defining almost everything.

I think Taleworlds devs are pretty good at creating interesting game systems, and the game is chock full of them. But what they seem to be lacking is an overall game director who can integrate all these systems into a cohesive game, so a lot of it just feels disjointed, like you're playing a tech demo or something.

I am just now noticing that I have 0 relation with all of my companions...with the exception of my wife whom I have 2 with. Can't lie, wont lie...that seems like it should be baked in...I mean surely after countless battles a bond would be formed right? As someone who never played warband, and only started bannerlord a bit over a month ago...correct me if I am wrong but it seems the only way to boost relation with them is to make them a governor and then kill bandits/hideouts in their area. That is something that needs to be addressed, or if I am wrong I appreciate any clarification.

Also, this is really at the heart of the matter....
The game plays itself and you are more like a spectator. You can participate in anything the game does, but you can't change that or influence this somehow.

I remember a post where the poster said they would only see code when they looked at the game.

This game is like a project of some engineers. It is as if they wanted to achieve a simulation world.

The game could have been text-based fine, run from the terminal. :smile:

All the potention there, but not gameplay.

Warband features should all be in bannerlord, even if they weren't perfect or that great, but that is where bannerlord should come in and either further develop these existing features or even improve them. Then add some new bannerlord features.

Ik that they have been adding small elements from warband, but they're either a simpler version or changed it completely, that doesn't make sense. I mean for example feasts! Yes we've all been writing in these forums about it, but that was one of the features in warband that could be further developed bannerlord!
I never played Warband....but this feels like what every member of the ghost recon community said about Wildlands ----> Breakpoint. Its odd how downgrades are so apparent in these franchises.

I am just now noticing that I have 0 relation with all of my companions...with the exception of my wife whom I have 2 with. Can't lie, wont lie...that seems like it should be baked in...I mean surely after countless battles a bond would be formed right? As someone who never played warband, and only started bannerlord a bit over a month ago...correct me if I am wrong but it seems the only way to boost relation with them is to make them a governor and then kill bandits/hideouts in their area. That is something that needs to be addressed, or if I am wrong I appreciate any clarification.
It is more an oversight than anything but you lose relations for sparing settlements while your dickhead companions are leading parties in your army and gain relations for saving them in fights. Other than that bartering gifts, winning board games, agreeing not to do the thing that pisses them off, etc. Almost the same as any other noble

Back
Top Bottom