CTDs

Your experience with crashes to desktop in Perisno 0.9:

• Never happened so far.

Votes: 34 29.1%
  • Happened once during several hours of gameplay.

Votes: 26 22.2%
  • Happened several times already.

Votes: 31 26.5%
  • Happens every 5th-10th battle.

Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Happens almost every battle or town visit, can't play.

Votes: 10 8.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Interesting...but why do they not cause my PC to crash?

I wonder if somehow different PCs have different "cursed ranges"...

Was it the same 'cursed' item range or a different one?
No.
The replaced items are 2468 and 2338.

And why did T.L.S. still have ctds with reduced number of items?
Damn, this is driving me nuts...

Leonion said:
Interesting...but why do they not cause my PC to crash?

I wonder if somehow different PCs have different "cursed ranges"...

Was it the same 'cursed' item range or a different one?
No.
The replaced items are 2468 and 2338.

Could be, however seem's like quite a few people were having issues with Snow Walkers and Seducers specifically. But yes strange only affects some people.

Link me changes for the Seducers and i'll test those as well if you like.

I'm currenly doing the "rescue girl from bandits"-quest and my game keeps crashing everytime i try to do the battle. I think it has crashed 3 or 4 times in a row now. I'm in the Kaikoth faction area.

They have:

26 bandits.

I have:

Kara
Zaira
18 Hakkon loyal recruits
2 Glory seeking men
13 Kaikoth miners

Items I have equipped:

Segmented helmet
Brown gambeson
Black leather boots
Plated leather gloves
Double sided lance
Brown kiteshield
Short arming sword
Hunter horse

My PC is:
Intel core i7 6700 3.40ghz
8GB RAM
GTX 970

Sometimes it crashes instantly when I make contact with the enemy. Sometimes it takes several minutes. Last time I was able to kill them all but then it crashed before I could leave. Never had any problems with other mods.

I hope this helps.

L4RSO said:
Try these files please:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xmW0fNloCDDutQjkU57ROyhOXAEAA5N3
New game is required.

I tried moving weapons up (so now the lowest weapons barely exceed position 1000, which is pretty "Native") and armor down because in my tests armor placed in "cursed" range 2504-2522 didn't become "dangerous", unlike weapons.

Leonion said:
L4RSO said:
Try these files please:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xmW0fNloCDDutQjkU57ROyhOXAEAA5N3
New game is required.

I tried moving weapons up (so now the lowest weapons barely exceed position 1000, which is pretty "Native") and armor down because in my tests armor placed in "cursed" range 2504-2522 didn't become "dangerous", unlike weapons.

5 tests Snow Walkers... no CTDs

5 tests Seducers... no CTDs

Seems more stable, no micro lags when in melee now... looks like a fix for me at least... great job and thank you for persistence!

Shame about the new game required, had found myself a Tempered 1H Royal Ruby Sword early last game :sad:

Just don't continue this new game yet.  :smile:
I only swapped the items without adjusting constants and everything.

I'll still have to make a normal patch.

P.S. And thank you for testing.  :smile:

Leonion said:

No problem, just glad we have likely found the cause.

I'll wait on starting a new game then.

Leonion said:

How long until the new HF Patch will be ready do you think?

Some additional info against snowcrawlers, I also had 2 CTDs when facing them solo in early game.
My third attempt went well because like what L4RSO said, I didn't melee them, I jumped on a rock and killed them with crossbow.

My third CTD just happened, when helping Elintor against Tolrania. Will post again later about the details.

I've been getting a CTD every battle with Ialoch, four times in a row. It happens roughly halfway through the fight, usually after the first reinforcement wave. I've tried turning the battle size down, switching the number of corpses/rag dolls, and dropping to DX 7 but still having the issue.

Leonion, after doing some extreme shenanigans with RAM can say few things - most likely you're right about 'cursed' ranges of weapons\armors, but they do not lead to guaranteed crash, they just fking up game process, enabling huge memory leak, which after will be auto solved by engine. Problem is on 8 GB rigs there is not enough RAM for autofix to happen and game crashes, on 16 GB 90% of the time game will simply freeze without a crash, on 32 GB+ (my main rig and final form of test rig) it can't happen (only ~1 sec freeze). Mid travel map crashes were also same origin - just delayed result of multiple memory leaks. Newest drivers also helping those leaks to happen, because some older RAM<=>VRAM coordination algorithms processed a bit differently.

Timesitheus said:
I'm currenly doing the "rescue girl from bandits"-quest and my game keeps crashing everytime i try to do the battle. I think it has crashed 3 or 4 times in a row now. I'm in the Kaikoth faction area.

They have:

26 bandits.

I have:

Kara
Zaira
18 Hakkon loyal recruits
2 Glory seeking men
13 Kaikoth miners

Items I have equipped:

Segmented helmet
Brown gambeson
Black leather boots
Plated leather gloves
Double sided lance
Brown kiteshield
Short arming sword
Hunter horse

My PC is:
Intel core i7 6700 3.40ghz
8GB RAM
GTX 970

Sometimes it crashes instantly when I make contact with the enemy. Sometimes it takes several minutes. Last time I was able to kill them all but then it crashed before I could leave. Never had any problems with other mods.

I hope this helps.

Have you got ragdolls enabled? I crashed every time doing the first Adventurer's Guild quest (same deal, ~20 peasants to fight) until I turned the ragdolls off.

T.L.S. said:
Leonion, after doing some extreme shenanigans with RAM can say few things - most likely you're right about 'cursed' ranges of weapons\armors, but they do not lead to guaranteed crash, they just fking up game process, enabling huge memory leak, which after will be auto solved by engine. Problem is on 8 GB rigs there is not enough RAM for autofix to happen and game crashes, on 16 GB 90% of the time game will simply freeze without a crash, on 32 GB+ (my main rig and final form of test rig) it can't happen (only ~1 sec freeze). Mid travel map crashes were also same origin - just delayed result of multiple memory leaks. Newest drivers also helping those leaks to happen, because some older RAM<=>VRAM coordination algorithms processed a bit differently.

I'm surprised by this.. i have a Aorus Geforce 1080ti (11GB) with a Ryzen 5 2600 3.40ghz (16GB) and im consistently getting CTDs against those mobs... and that's not enough to handle the process, must be pretty fked up memory leak.

it's really high leak, 6 => 15 GB RAM consumption in ~40 sec when you 'provoke' the game (i just made a save with loads of snow walkers  gathered on my party and f1-f3'd them - 10 parties, 300+ of them total)

T.L.S. said:
Newest drivers also helping those leaks to happen
I'd say they really help. :smile:
I mean, remember my old PC? 6Gbs of RAM, but no ctds.

But interesting conclusions.
Thanks for shedding light on this.

L4RSO said:
Cant' say now.
Since we have to release an incompatible patch anyway, we might as well do some other incompatible changes that were pending.
Or maybe we'll just release it.

And by the way....
Does Native have this memory leak when after multiple saves-loads clashes in melee become lagfest?
It's just last time I played it was eternity ago.
I wonder if these issues are related to each other and moving weapons up will fix not only ctds, but lagfest too.

Leonion said:
L4RSO said:
Cant' say now.
Since we have to release an incompatible patch anyway, we might as well do some other incompatible changes that were pending.
Or maybe we'll just release it.

Is it easy to just post a quick fix, i'm really keen to play but don't want to start a new game as fix wont be save compatible.

Havent played Native myself for a long time.. but used to get combat lag in POP on my old rig after playing most of the day and doing multiple save/loads, a quick game restart would fix that issue though most of the time.

But yes with the fix you gave my the micro lags in melee (and i emphasize micro) were gone.. it may help others with less powerful rigs though.

Leonion said:
And by the way....
Does Native have this memory leak when after multiple saves-loads clashes in melee become lagfest?
It's just last time I played it was eternity ago.
I wonder if these issues are related to each other and moving weapons up will fix not only ctds, but lagfest too.

All mods I've played have the same issue to a degree, so I think it's native problem. The severity seems to increase with number of items in module.

Plasquar said:
I got (from what it seems like) rid of my CTDs by doing the following:

- starting WB as administrator
- using Win7 comp. mode
- increasing the buffer size in the .ini from 15 to 2048

Worth a shot for everyone I guess.  :neutral:

Increase the buffer size solve my problem.  No crash since then.

Back
Top Bottom