CTDs

Your experience with crashes to desktop in Perisno 0.9:

• Never happened so far.

Votes: 34 29.1%
  • Happened once during several hours of gameplay.

Votes: 26 22.2%
  • Happened several times already.

Votes: 31 26.5%
  • Happens every 5th-10th battle.

Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Happens almost every battle or town visit, can't play.

Votes: 10 8.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Consistently happening during encounters with Snow Walkers and Ankars Seducers, have to avoid these entirely. Other's are rare but these almost every time.

Tried turning v sync off & on in WB and GeForce settings as post above suggested... no change.

Note: If i ride to the edge of the map and look away while letting my team kill enemy it consistently doesn't crash.. may be useless information.. idk.

L4RSO said:
Consistently happening during encounters with Snow Walkers
"load textures on demand" enabled?
have you tried "working" game settings (e.g., mine)?

4 big battles, can't crash it.

BTW, has everyone tried this new sprinting feature a.k.a. Flash simulator?  :grin:

Sooo...can somebody with frequent ctds try this hotfix?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zz7f0y87db7qyr8/Perisno0.9_HF2.5.zip?dl=0

it's save compatible (also fixes some other errors like "lady Dyspin" and other wrong titles), and I don't think it will fix ctds, though openbrf has been signalling an error for some time, and although it's unrelated to my primary suspects, it's kinda related to one of them in openbrf, and maybe openbrf devs do know better than me, and although I'd be really surprised if that was the cause of ctds and...

In any case, It's worth trying...

Leonion said:

it's save compatible (also fixes some other errors like "lady Dyspin" and other wrong titles), and I don't think it will fix ctds, though openbrf has been signalling an error for some time, and although it's unrelated to my primary suspects, it's kinda related to one of them in openbrf, and maybe openbrf devs do know better than me, and although I'd be really surprised if that was the cause of ctds and...

Well, ive got Runtime Error even faster than normal crash - other change is that scene(battle map) is other than before patch (i used my save with crash causing battle)

EDIT: SS
H3XQ5c3.jpg

One last idea I have...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zzor2m4ouirzfbx/0.9_test_hf.zip?dl=0
It would be great if somebody could test it.

Files are compatible, but it's better not to use them after testing. Files to revert the changes:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nmi37vbec7xoz0p/anti_test_hf.zip?dl=0

If it's neither any of this, nor the items, I'm a clueless about what it could be...

Leonion said:
L4RSO said:
Consistently happening during encounters with Snow Walkers
"load textures on demand" enabled?
have you tried "working" game settings (e.g., mine)?

4 big battles, can't crash it.

Yes 'load textures on demand' is on. Our settings are the same, but do you have v sync on or off tho?

I'll keep testing today, really such a shame in an otherwise masterpiece of a mod.

1521133502188983265.jpg
Power management mode - optimum.
Texture filtering - anisotropic whatever - Off
Texture filtering quality - quality
Vertical sync - 3D application setting
Virtual reality something (the last one) - 1

The rest is the same.

Leonion said:

Again Runtime Error. Just like 30 sec after battle start °_°

xsarfax, you're quoting my older message which you already tested.  :smile:
Did you decide to test it again or is it misquoting or you wanted to test "One last idea I have..." but misclicked and tested the old hypothesis again?

Runtimes most likely assosiated with user-end software or RAM issues. Crashes i had were without errors mostly, only with texture\model loading failures on laptop (because it's old and slow and i used same game settings everywhere)

Leonion said:
Power management mode - optimum.
Texture filtering - anisotropic whatever - Off
Texture filtering quality - quality
Vertical sync - 3D application setting
Virtual reality something (the last one) - 1

The rest is the same.

No change with these settings.

However I noticed a few things when i was just testing on Snow Walkers again. This may not mean anything but the crashes always occur when I'm up close in melee, never at range. So i just tested against 5 groups of Snow Walkers just using bow at distance and not one single crash.  :???:

Leonion said:
xsarfax, you're quoting my older message which you already tested.  :smile:
Did you decide to test it again or is it misquoting or you wanted to test "One last idea I have..." but misclicked and tested the old hypothesis again?

it was late, i quoted wrong post :grin: I tested the new one

Just curious. For those who get frequent CTDs, do other mods work fine on your computer? I mean other heavy big huge mods like A Clash of Kings or Prophesy of Pendor.

Leonion said:

It got me past the first fight that I hadn't been able to get through before. 

Back
Top Bottom