CTD's are driving me insane!

Users who are viewing this thread

I_am_a_Spoon

Regular
Hi guys.

I've recently been having problems with my own custom mod in the form of consistent crashes every time I try to enter a town.

Earlier today I tried to mod in a new faction, but was unsuccessful. I then reverted to my backup copy of the module, which was when the crashes started.
I've tried everything, but the game keeps crashing. I even deleted the entire module folder, copied the Native module over again and started almost from scratch with the module system (keeping only basic info, such as custom items), but the mod still won't work properly.

Any ideas on how I can identify the problem?

NOTE: Native still works, and my custom mod works when the text files it uses are copied over from the Native folder.

I_am_a_Spoon said:
NOTE: Native still works, and my custom mod works when the text files it uses are copied over from the Native folder.

So you overwrote the text files from your mod with the ones in Native? Thats like playing Native with a different name, as basically everything is stored in those files...

Perhaps the problem lies with the custom items... Since from what you said, they are the only thing that remains.

Illona said:
So you overwrote the text files from your mod with the ones in Native? Thats like playing Native with a different name, as basically everything is stored in those files...

Perhaps the problem lies with the custom items... Since from what you said, they are the only thing that remains.

No, I kept a few other bits of code. I originally thought the problem might have been SceneObj (as I'd originally duplicated .sco files to make a new town), but replacing that folder didn't work.

I just don't know how to narrow down the possible causes of the problem, other than systematically replacing every file in my module one-by-one with Native text files.

Yoshiboy said:
what is the error? It's probably caused by your custom items.

I've been using the same items for months, and I've never had this trouble. If the game loads marketplace items when the player enters a city though, this could be the problem...

I'll keep trying to fix it.

I started from scratch with a fresh install (even native wasn't working in the end) and the crashes have stopped.

Thanks for the help though.

Back
Top Bottom